Sunday they said the Brett Hearn is considering racing this event. He will be back at Malta on Friday evening and if everything goes well he will be at the Bowl on Saturday. 

• Like 1

Also in this weeks AARN Matt Sheppard said he will be there as well. 

21 minutes ago, Bob Krummel said:

4 hour or 8 hour show ???

You would hope closer to four with only 3 classes on the card. I don't think they'll get 89 sportsman this time either but they did draw 50 to the last KOD show that was paired with the Big Block/Small Block challenge event. 

So Far i have heard Brett Hearn Matt Sheppard Demitriios Drellos Matt Williamson  Anthony Perego Larry Wight Tim Fuller Mike Mahaney.     Stewart Friesen will not be attending as he has to participate in a wedding that day and cannot make it

That is just ridiculous, why are people getting married on the same day as a race.  Some people are just so inconsiderate. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Jack Brady said:

That is just ridiculous, why are people getting married on the same day as a race.  Some people are just so inconsiderate. 

I thought the same thing when I was younger.  Never get married during racing season.  It ends in a big fight every 7 years if you only go to one track weekly. 

As it turns out,  just like in the rest of this marriage , I have no say in anything. Got married on July 7th 1999. I keep telling her I will never make that mistake again. She agrees that I will never make that mistake again. But she has an evil look in her eyes when she says it.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, brian moore said:

I thought the same thing when I was younger.  Never get married during racing season.  It ends in a big fight every 7 years if you only go to one track weekly. 

As it turns out,  just like in the rest of this marriage , I have no say in anything. Got married on July 7th 1999. I keep telling her I will never make that mistake again. She agrees that I will never make that mistake again. But she has an evil look in her eyes when she says it.

My anniversary is July 7th too! Quite a few years later though....2018. Congrats! 

Will I feel left out, mine was on Oct. 5th. (yes, during SUPER DIRT WEEK!!!!).

But she passed away last year, that un-anniversary is Saturday. :(

But she was awesome, she never blinked when I went to the races, or down to the car shows in the winter, or told her I would be back in a week cause I was headed to NC for the World Championships. She could careless about racing, but never had a problem with me going. She knew I grew up with it. Though I wasn't happy when she chose the wedding date. But I had to give her at least one day. lol

Saturdays she would get the mornings, we would go to the Farm Market, find a new place for lunch. Then I would head to middletown. Sundays were usually road trips to almost any where. Like we would just jump in the car and drive an hour down to NJ to get deep fried hot dogs at the Rutt Hutt. :)

DTDtv, Flo, Lucas Oil tv, Dirtvision have all been my savior this year. And I'm so glad these tracks are putting on great races. 

But I still think Stew should of demanded a late November wedding. With the Global Warming it's possible it might be nicer then this past May when it was snowing. ;)

• Like 1

27 years ago we got married on a Sunday, our honeymoon started on Monday, our flight came back Friday afternoon and I was crewing on a car at Stafford that night. 

In the 34 years I've been going to Stafford, I think I've missed 5 races total - 2 of them were this year because the pandemic forced them to run 2 Saturday shows, and I crew on Eddie Marshall's car at Lebanon so that obviously comes first.

• Like 1

I got you all beat. Been with same woman since 1997. We have never got around to getting that peice of paper to frame and hang on wall. Or at this point I don't think we ever will. No sense in screwing up what's working, right!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dan dan said:

I got you all beat. Been with same woman since 1997. We have never got around to getting that peice of paper to frame and hang on wall. Or at this point I don't think we ever will. No sense in screwing up what's working, right!

One of the most unintentionally hilarious things I have seen at the races was an on track wedding at the Thompson World Series around 2000 or 2001. A rather frumpy couple came out the exchange their vows before the Sunday portion of the program began.  At the end of the ceremony, the groom starts speaking to the crowd and mentions "I only wish my parents could have been here today..." This is when me and just about everyone else in the place is thinking he going to say his parents died, but he follows with, "...but my parents had other plans with weekend." I nearly choked to death on my beer I was laughing so hard.  The couple than got into either one of the racing school cars or the pace car and drove away. 

• Like 1

On 9/9/2020 at 2:24 PM, dan dan said:

I know a guy who went to the judge and got married. Then they went camping for their honeymoon.  He said,  you know how hard it is to light the logs to start a campfire with just a cigarette lighter. They used the license to get the fire started. Her suggestion !  They were both drunk and the only way to cook their dinner was to get the fire started. 

On 9/9/2020 at 11:00 AM, Jack Brady said:

Will I feel left out, mine was on Oct. 5th. (yes, during SUPER DIRT WEEK!!!!).

But she passed away last year, that un-anniversary is Saturday. :(

But she was awesome, she never blinked when I went to the races, or down to the car shows in the winter, or told her I would be back in a week cause I was headed to NC for the World Championships. She could careless about racing, but never had a problem with me going. She knew I grew up with it. Though I wasn't happy when she chose the wedding date. But I had to give her at least one day. lol

Saturdays she would get the mornings, we would go to the Farm Market, find a new place for lunch. Then I would head to middletown. Sundays were usually road trips to almost any where. Like we would just jump in the car and drive an hour down to NJ to get deep fried hot dogs at the Rutt Hutt. :)

DTDtv, Flo, Lucas Oil tv, Dirtvision have all been my savior this year. And I'm so glad these tracks are putting on great races. 

But I still think Stew should of demanded a late November wedding. With the Global Warming it's possible it might be nicer then this past May when it was snowing. ;)

I'm sorry to hear that you lost such a wonderful woman. It's not an addiction that many outsiders understand.  It's awesome when you get to spend a lifetime with someone who is able to tolerate it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Will be the first time for me at Devil’s Bowl. Really looking forward to it. Going to be a long day. I’m leaving my house around 4 AM to head to NHMS for the Whelen Modifieds Musket 200. Then back to DB before driving back to Cobleskill. A proper way to end a disappointing racing season for me (and all of us really).

• Like 2