6 hours ago, Pinesol said:

Maybe the "emperor" will buy it and turn it into a camping facility ..lol

DON'T GIVE HIM ANY DAMN IDEAS!!!! 

This is great news. And definitely a reasonable price price for such a facility.  Besides dirt oval racing you could do a lot more with that property. There is a ton of room. There is actually some of the property that isn't even developed. 

From the picture the grounds are pretty rough but wouldn't take long to get back in shape. The buildings all look good including the tower and VIP suites.  The only issue I really see is you have to tear up the track and bring in a new surface. I'm pretty sure that SYNDI is still in track surface. 

When the track has a good surface, its the greatest big track for racing IMO. Some of the best long distance races I ever seen were at Rolling Wheels, 100 or 200 laps. So many came down to the last few laps. Outlaw shows were always great, unlike home at OCFS where was just fast, Rolling Wheels always seem to benefit the best drivers. 

Mods, Sprints, Late Models, Pro Stocks, truck spectator races. God I miss this track.

3 hours ago, Jack Brady said:

This is great news. And definitely a reasonable price price for such a facility.  Besides dirt oval racing you could do a lot more with that property. There is a ton of room. There is actually some of the property that isn't even developed. 

I wouldn't call the price "reasonable" considering they bought it for $800,000 and have basically let it rot away ever since and they're now asking for $700,000 more than they paid for it. 

I'll bet it would need at least another $500,000 to $750,000 in repairs in order to make it a viable racing facility again. 

I can't imagine any racing promoter paying that kind of price for the facility.  

• Like 3

Wasn't there a picture on here not to long ago of it fenced in and someone said it was being used for a pasture ?  If so, it doesn't show that in them pictures. 

31 minutes ago, FondaFan16 said:

I wouldn't call the price "reasonable" considering they bought it for $800,000 and have basically let it rot away ever since and they're now asking for $700,000 more than they paid for it. 

Is that the entire purchase price?  I ask because the post I saw showing the purchase price and tax assessment only listed 50+ acres and the real estate listing is 80+.  Is there a second parcel? 

Otherwise, I agree completely with what you are saying.  

8 minutes ago, JAR1972 said:

Just one question: What night would you race?

I would guess who ever bought it would stick to specials only. 

1 hour ago, FondaFan16 said:

I'll bet it would need at least another $500,000 to $750,000 in repairs in order to make it a viable racing facility again. 

I can't imagine any racing promoter paying that kind of price for the facility.  

Sorry I'm from Westchester where that kind of price for that much area is premium price.

That and I don't see rotting anywhere. Ok maybe the grandstands might be, you can't tell from the pictures. But the buildings all look good. Would be nice to know how old the pictures are, but I would think some of them are new since I've never seen them before. And it doesn't much time to mow the grounds. Anyone who would buy it for a race track would know they are going to have to put time in to it. But some of that can be taken care of with volunteers like they did at OCFS a few years ago. I've seen tracks in worse shape that came back. Hell I know some tracks that look a lot worse and are still racing. I don't see you needing 700,000 dollars to get it up to par. Maybe 2 or 3 hundred thousand. Maybe not. 

I still think the only big obstacle to getting it up and running is the track surface. 

Frankly I would love to see that money promised to Donnelly given to who ever can buy Rolling Wheels and get it back to racing. Have big car/truck shows, add a small track for go-karts, build a flat track for motorcycles. Bring in the Monster Trucks for a few days. You can have both SDS and STSS, another track for Sprint Week. There is so much that can be done at that track. Hell you could also put in a drive-in movie theater without losing any space. So, so much you can do there, and still have great racing a few times a month over the summer. 

14 hours ago, premiumdiesel said:

so a lot of you are experts in running race tracks and what the purses should be and what classes should run etc. Here you go have at it.

http://tour.corelistingmachine.com/tour/titan/?id=6468703&_seoAddress=8310-Grant-Avenue-Brutus-NY-S1293604#.X2P751spCdN

You’d need money to burn and the ability to withstand loses. I don’t see anyone jumping at this price 

54 minutes ago, Jack Brady said:

That and I don't see rotting anywhere. Ok maybe the grandstands might be, you can't tell from the pictures. But the buildings all look good. Would be nice to know how old the pictures are, but I would think some of them are new since I've never seen them before. And it doesn't much time to mow the grounds. Anyone who would buy it for a race track would know they are going to have to put time in to it.

Real Estate Agents are very good at posting pictures they WANT you to see, while also hiding things they don't want you to see.  Notice they've shown you the outside of all of the buildings, but they've only shown you the inside photos of the tower. 

I wonder what the concession buildings look like on the inside.  Same with the bathrooms.  Having to repair those to bring them up to code would get pretty costly real quick. 

My guess is that the photos are probably pretty recent, but here are some that were taken last year before they cut the grass: 

76896099_10214994451715245_817487904568770560_o.jpg.fe7e66c7bfd2314769bde8b07201d473.jpg

77432212_10214994452835273_3658773401264193536_o.jpg.da1f875b8e7c7765a517cc9bbad5f8a3.jpg

I'm pretty sure a portion of the front stretch wall fell down as well a few winters ago.  Some of the current and former track promoter's I've spoken with have said it would take at least $500k to get the place race ready so I didn't just pull my number out of thin air. 

The other red flag (for me at least) is the Real Estate Agent even mentions in the listing that everything needs a little TLC...  If they are willing to admit that, then my guess is that it probably needs more than just a "little" TLC... But who knows, I haven't set foot on the property since 2011 or 2012, maybe its in a lot better shape than I think... 

• Like 1

Maybe the person in Ballston Spa who won the Powerball is a race fan & will save it.

There has to be mold inside those bldgs. I doubt they've aired them out over the yrs. Prob mice/rodent & water damage too. 

57 minutes ago, FondaFan16 said:

Real Estate Agents are very good at posting pictures they WANT you to see, while also hiding things they don't want you to see.  Notice they've shown you the outside of all of the buildings, but they've only shown you the inside photos of the tower. 

I wonder what the concession buildings look like on the inside.  Same with the bathrooms.  Having to repair those to bring them up to code would get pretty costly real quick. 

My guess is that the photos are probably pretty recent, but here are some that were taken last year before they cut the grass: 

76896099_10214994451715245_817487904568770560_o.jpg.fe7e66c7bfd2314769bde8b07201d473.jpg

77432212_10214994452835273_3658773401264193536_o.jpg.da1f875b8e7c7765a517cc9bbad5f8a3.jpg

I'm pretty sure a portion of the front stretch wall fell down as well a few winters ago.  Some of the current and former track promoter's I've spoken with have said it would take at least $500k to get the place race ready so I didn't just pull my number out of thin air. 

The other red flag (for me at least) is the Real Estate Agent even mentions in the listing that everything needs a little TLC...  If they are willing to admit that, then my guess is that it probably needs more than just a "little" TLC... But who knows, I haven't set foot on the property since 2011 or 2012, maybe its in a lot better shape than I think... 

TLC = Truck Load of Cash. 

• Like 1

Obviously many of you have not kept up with the times. Ultra low mortgage rates - 9 times in 2020 the rate has hit new all time lows, a shortage of housing is causing prices to rise and some people are resorting to buying a property within hours of it hitting the market sight unseen. You could build 80 houses and each one gets an acre and set the price on each house at 200,000 and walk out with more than you paid for the property.  

17 minutes ago, premiumdiesel said:

Obviously many of you have not kept up with the times. Ultra low mortgage rates - 9 times in 2020 the rate has hit new all time lows, a shortage of housing is causing prices to rise and some people are resorting to buying a property within hours of it hitting the market sight unseen. You could build 80 houses and each one gets an acre and set the price on each house at 200,000 and walk out with more than you paid for the property.  

How fast do you think it will sell now that you have leaked that business plan?

1 hour ago, premiumdiesel said:

I've kept up with the times plenty, and since this is a racing board i've withheld my initial thought that the only person (or group) who'd be willing to pay that price would be a real estate developer who would absolutely flip the property into a housing sub division.

I'd imagine though even the real estate people might look at it and think twice.  After all, I'm pretty sure the people that own it now are in real estate.  If it was going to be an easy flip for a big profit why not just flip the property themselves? 

I'd guess seeing how it's listed that maybe the guy that owns freedom that was interested in the spring isn't interested now? Or maybe couldn't agree on a price?