I seen it but didn't bring it up with this question for obvious reasons as what has happened in other threads. But without anyone going off track polictal wise, what the answer to this question. 3 different tracks running tommaro night. 

One advertising pits and grandstands.

one says no grandstands everyone welcome in pits. 

One doing what they done all season, pits only and only set number per car. 

Have I missed something or are 2 outta 3 saying screw it? And if they are will there be repercussiins into next season if they all done for this year?

or will they get shut down order before they open?

14 hours ago, dan dan said:

I seen it but didn't bring it up with this question for obvious reasons as what has happened in other threads. But without anyone going off track polictal wise, what the answer to this question. 3 different tracks running tommaro night. 

One advertising pits and grandstands.

one says no grandstands everyone welcome in pits. 

One doing what they done all season, pits only and only set number per car. 

Have I missed something or are 2 outta 3 saying screw it? And if they are will there be repercussiins into next season if they all done for this year?

or will they get shut down order before they open?

It's going to be interesting to see what (if anything happens).  Technically I think the executive order expired yesterday.  I've heard that it was extended into October, but I can't find anything in writing on the local news outlets that says it was extended.

Looking forward to tonight!   The plan is to head over a little early and cook some deer dogs!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, FondaFan16 said:

It's going to be interesting to see what (if anything happens).  Technically I think the executive order expired yesterday.  I've heard that it was extended into October, but I can't find anything in writing on the local news outlets that says it was extended.

This executive order I believe:
https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/no-20260-continuing-temporary-suspension-and-modification-laws-relating-disaster-emergency

42 minutes ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

I just went to LoL website and General Admission tickets are $25.  So the grandstands are open. What about other tracks?

Looks like Genessee is just selling everyone 35.00 pit passes and letting everyone in the stands. This whole thing is so f'n dumb

• Like 1

I dont see anything dumb about the whole thing at all. I think everyone agrees the tracks should be open as long as guidelines are followed.  Very happy to see LoL open for grandstand  today. Wish I had known earlier but I made plans and will miss tonights show. I hope tracks open up for Octoberfast.

2 hours ago, leroy said:

Looking forward to tonight!   The plan is to head over a little early and cook some deer dogs!

I'm half tempted to get the makings for deer dogs a little early. Damn things tease me all summer 75 foot from my porch or closer and deer season gets here and they disappear!

It has been on the Land of Legends website and facebook page that they intend on allowing fans at today's event for at least two weeks now.   Maybe three?

1 hour ago, robracer said:

Looks like Genessee is just selling everyone 35.00 pit passes and letting everyone in the stands. This whole thing is so f'n dumb

Agree^^^.     absolutely ridiculous that fans have not been allowed  to sit in grandstands since day one

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, leroy said:

It has been on the Land of Legends website and facebook page that they intend on allowing fans at today's event for at least two weeks now.   Maybe three?

Shit! I missed it.  So will they have grandstand seating for Octoberfast?

38 minutes ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

More to life than watching CNN. 🤪

I have not heard nor read anything yet that says 'yes' to fans regarding any Octoberfast events.  The schedule on LoL website for sat 10/10 says grandstands closed.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

No.  The OktoberFAST events are going to be closed off to fans, and even teams are restricted as to the number of crew members they can have. 

1 hour ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Chris Hile picks up the big win at Canandaigua! Congrats 5h team!

Nice win for these guys, long time coming! Has to feel great. Congratulations Hile team

• Like 2

Upset of the season so far if you ask me.

• Like 1

Was it Phelps motor that sounded a little off in the corners the last 20 er so laps? 

The three cars of Hile,  Phelps,  and Fuller were all running close together at the time.  So it was hard for me to figure which car was skipping.  But Jimmy seemed to fall off the pace he had been setting a little shortly after.

A great time at the races last night for sure.   A big Thank You Paul Cole and staff

Glad  to hear Rauscher was ok.  That looked like a hard ride

7 hours ago, BobMiller said:

Upset of the season so far if you ask me.

I know its your home track and such, but why would you consider it an upset? Hile has had a lot of good runs the last couple of years. I think it was just a matter of time before everything clicked.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jack Brady said:

I know its your home track and such, but why would you consider it an upset? Hile has had a lot of good runs the last couple of years. I think it was just a matter of time before everything clicked.

My thoughts exactly. Hile is always fast wherever he goes including the handful of times he has run canandaigua. His hard earned win was not even an upset let alone the upset of the year. Congrats to him, and I’m glad Rauscher is ok. I was filming in turn three and that was a hard lick he took. 

• Like 1

He has only run Canandaigua a handful of times and not with the greatest results. Jimmy Phelps had a stranglehold on the lead. Fuller ran second most of the event, Dunn ran 3rd and Alan Johnson ran 5th. Ronnie Johnson was bouncing around in the top five quite a bit of the way.

An upset is a compliment. I'll also bet if you ask Chris what his favorite track is, Canandaigua is near the top. The track fell right in his lap. He blew by Phelps like he was tied to a tree and then pulled away to mire himself in deep lapped traffic.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

• Like 1