People don't understand how tough it is to go into a place you don't race at much and beat the regulars. No matter what class.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, macho said:

People don't understand how tough it is to go into a place you don't race at much and beat the regulars. No matter what class.

No doubt.

Hile has been a contender though for wins.  Each and every time he races Brewerton and or Fulton.  Multiple top finishes and a few wins.  Those two tracks have just not opened this year.

Was the Hile win a little surprising? Yes   Simply because Hile has not raced much

Upset of year?  No sure about that?  But the list of events to choose from?? ? Not many big events this year.  SDS  has been non existent it seems

Other tracks besides the  LoL do exist

Personally I was happy to see Ronnie Johnson run well too

Although the 14j is still my favorite 👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, racermurray said:

Hile an upset ?  Why would you say that ?

How many can honestly say if you were given 10 or 15 guys (even 20) to pick as the winner last night prior to the event that one of yours choices would have been Chris Hile??? Nothing against him but but his name never entered my mind. I was seriously shocked when I read that he won. Totally an upset in my mind. Great for him though. Hope he wins the October race as well. Is awesome to see someone different win a big race for a change. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, happyracer said:

How many can honestly say if you were given 10 or 15 guys (even 20) to pick as the winner last night prior to the event that one of yours choices would have been Chris Hile??? Nothing against him but but his name never entered my mind. I was seriously shocked when I read that he won. Totally an upset in my mind. Great for him though. Hope he wins the October race as well. Is awesome to see someone different win a big race for a change. 

Hile would of been in my top five picks after seeing who actually signed in.  Top ten before that. 

You need to get out more

• Like 1

Surprising to me was no Paine(s).

Not modified. Not sportsman.

where were they?

3 minutes ago, leroy said:

Surprising to me was no Paine(s).

Not modified. Not sportsman.

where were they?

Has Steve run Canandaigua at all this year? Maybe 1 or 2 appearances.

Hile has been fast at Canandaigua before. Pretty sure he was top 10 at a series race last year or two years ago at LoL.

He wouldn’t have been my first choice to win, but I also wouldn’t have been able to name 10 other guys that I would have picked before him.

Certainly Fuller, Wight and Phelps. After that starts to really get to be slim pickings and toss ups.

But no Rudolph, Williamson, Sheppard certainly opened up the chances of who was going to come home with the win...

43 minutes ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Has Steve run Canandaigua at all this year? Maybe 1 or 2 appearances.

Hile has been fast at Canandaigua before. Pretty sure he was top 10 at a series race last year or two years ago at LoL.

He wouldn’t have been my first choice to win, but I also wouldn’t have been able to name 10 other guys that I would have picked before him.

Certainly Fuller, Wight and Phelps. After that starts to really get to be slim pickings and toss ups.

But no Rudolph, Williamson, Sheppard certainly opened up the chances of who was going to come home with the win...

No Paine or sons this year at Canandaigua.  Perhaps just wishful thinking they would show up for the Haers event.   Did not want to buy Hoosier? ?  Not know

Hile is always fast whenever I have watched him race.   2 feature wins at Brewerton  in 2019.   Most years he does not race  at Canandaigua.   But  if I read it right 4 top tens this season at LoL  in 4 starts? 

Based on who showed up and who did not.   Hile  was absolutely in my top five pick.  No question

• Like 1

2 hours ago, happyracer said:

You been watching races with horse blinders on ?  Hile has been running up front for quite some time now. He was super impressive at the Centennial race last year at OCFS coming in as an invader . Not even slightly surprised he won last night and very happy for there team .🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, leroy said:

Based on who showed up and who did not.   Hile  was absolutely in my top five pick.  No question

Pat Ward, Larry Wight, Billy Dunn, Tim Fuller, Jimmy Phelps, Alan Johnson, Gil Tegg, Jimmy Phelps, Dave Marcuccilli, Peter Britten, Justin Haers. I'll throw Justin Wright and Derrick Podsiadlo in there too because both are former feature winners. Now tell me how you slide in Chris Hile over Jack Lehner, Dillon Groover, Rocky Warner. I can't wait to hear this.

10 hours ago, racermurray said:

You been watching races with horse blinders on ?  Hile has been running up front for quite some time now. He was super impressive at the Centennial race last year at OCFS coming in as an invader . Not even slightly surprised he won last night and very happy for there team .🙂

Let me defend my original post/comments. First off I don't attend LoL normally. I'm a capital district resident so NO I havent seen him race this year. My comment was based on ALL the normal top runners being there instead of Grandview for the 76er. My bad. I still consider it an upset and that is my opinion and I'm sticking with it. You have yours which you are entitled to do so as well. I still think it was great to see someone different win a big race and once again I hopes he wins the October race as well against all the top runners. Going forward I will make sure to keep him in mind. He is now on a lot more peoples radar that normally don't get to see him race which is a great thing! I certainly wasn't trying to offend anyone.  I'm sorry the name Chris Hile wasn't on my mind prior to Saturday evening. It will be now though. Congrats to the Hile team for sure. Keep it up!!!

12 hours ago, racermurray said:

THIS^^   Agree completely

A 3rd place earlier this season at Land of Legends against most of the same drivers

Hile also won two features last season at Brewerton. when it was open,   Teams like Wight , Ward  ,Phelps, and Decker used to go there. Remember?   

A top ten in the World Finals at Charlotte  2019 not shabby.

The 5h team is very competitive whenever I have watched.  They just have not run many races yet this season

Thinking that after the OktobetFAST is said and done,  many blinkers will come off

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BobMiller said:

Now tell me how you slide in Chris Hile over Jack Lehner, Dillon Groover, Rocky Warner. I can't wait to hear this.

Seriously?   Nothing against those three drivers/teams^^^.   But my pick would be Chris Hile 

As far as some of the other drivers you mentioned.  Any of the names in these results sound familiar? https://www.dirttrackdigest.com/featured/2019/08/24/chris-hile-wins-big-at-brewerton/

If not. I am sure this one must ring a bell. You must of been there on the roof.  Check out these results https://www.landoflegendsraceway.com/results/quick-results-june-13-2020/

Chris Hile is a favorite to upset at any track he runs at.  How's that?  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dirt-in-my-beer said:

Chris Hile is a favorite to upset at any track he runs at.  How's that?  

I am being 100 percent honest here.

I figured it was going to be  Larry Wight who would take home the money before the night started.

However once Larry went up in smoke and left the premises. I gave at least ten guys a chance to win it.  Included in that bunch would of been Chris Hile for sure.  Barring a mechanical failure, I figured he could very possibly finish top five.

It is the Land of Legends.......Where Legends are Made.   Week in and week out a top 10 finish puts you in an elite crowd.  Wins don't come easy for anyone, but Chris Hile etched his chapter in the books this week.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Paul Cole said:

It is the Land of Legends.......Where Legends are Made.   Week in and week out a top 10 finish puts you in an elite crowd.  Wins don't come easy for anyone, but Chris Hile etched his chapter in the books this week.  

Thanks Again Mr Cole for giving the racers a place to race.  And for allowing me to come sit in the seats 👍

• Like 2

Miller and Murray are you really having a pissing match on whether someone’s victory was an upset? Ugghh. I’ll take politics over that. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jsw14886 said:

Miller and Murray are you really having a pissing match on whether someone’s victory was an upset? Ugghh. I’ll take politics over that. 

I'm not in a pissing match with anyone. I made an honest comment I can stand by. In my opinion, that Hile pulled off the upset of the season. That list of names I included are some stout customers who also raced that night. Apparently only some people are allowed to have opinions around here. And WTF? An upset is a compliment. Why the f*cking static?

We do know a couple of things. Lightning Larry will be looking forward to his returns at Canandaigua. And for the biggest win of his career? So will Chris Hile.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jsw14886 said:

Good lord don't even suggest that. Someone will take you up on it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, jsw14886 said:

Huh ?  Who's having a pissing match ?  This is a race forum where we bench race and we have been doing so in a friendly manner for a long time.

Upset or not we will take it LOL. Thank you to Paul Cole, The Land of Legends Staff and also the Hears family for putting on such a cool event in Memory of a Great Man!! Justin called me on sunday and we talked for awhile and he was super happy we won it. Looking forward to Octoberfast in a few short weeks.

Rob Hile

• Like 5

On 9/20/2020 at 8:16 AM, BobMiller said:

Upset of the season so far if you ask me.

pass that smoke around Bob.. that  must be some good stuff..... lol

• Like 1

Bob Dpods could have started 1/2 track ahead of the field & finished at Walmart with his luck this year. 

On 9/21/2020 at 7:35 PM, Outlaw Photos said:

pass that smoke around Bob.. that  must be some good stuff..... lol

Been waiting for your version.