Sign in to follow this  
Outlaw Photos

A bit of sad news today..

Bob Bobco James has passed away this morning. Condolances to his friends and family. Bob was one of the good guys in racing. He will be missed by many...

So sorry to hear this..... A tremendous loss for the racing community. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends. RIP BOBCO

RIP Bob. Prayers to the family.

For those who missed our broadcast from Albany-Saratoga on Friday night, track announcer Dan Martin made some heartfelt comments about Bob that I've documented to share here with everyone.

“Bob James from Bobco Video has been fighting a courageous fight against cancer for over a year.  Bob has videoed here at Albany Saratoga Speedway for three decades and has touched many lives over that period.  He is known far and wide in the racing world and I know misses being at the track as much as we miss seeing his smile among us.  Bob is in hospice care right now, we know that he’ll be headed to a great race place up above but we want to pass along to him a heartfelt thank you for everything that he’s done for racing in general, and specifically here at Albany Saratoga.  Your memories will always be cherished here by your friends at the Great Race Place.  Robert “Bobco” James Godspeed and Peace my friend”

-  Dan Martin

Godspeed Bobco. 

• Like 5

I used to have a lot of fun back in  days of This Week on DIRT, chasing midweek shows and getting out to Fonda territory. Meeting up with Bobco and Hondo Carpenter generally meant a smoke cloud that even Cheech and Chong would be envious of. Now I will just have to miss both of them.                                       

• Like 1

May he rest in peace Bob will be sorely missed by all who knew him.

RIP peace Bobco.  I  know you touched so many  of us. Over the years.  Its tough on all of us to see you go.  Especially me because yesterday I had to bury my baby brother from pancreatic cancer over a 2 year stint.  Bill terry

4 hours ago, FondaFan16 said:

For those who missed our broadcast from Albany-Saratoga on Friday night, track announcer Dan Martin made some heartfelt comments about Bob that I've documented to share here with everyone.

Godspeed Bobco. 

May I steal this? 

1 hour ago, Kelley said:

May I steal this? 

Of course Kelly.  No need to even ask. 

R I P Bob!! Loved your work...You will truly be missed

10 hours ago, upsheetzcreek said:

RIP peace Bobco.  I  know you touched so many  of us. Over the years.  Its tough on all of us to see you go.  Especially me because yesterday I had to bury my baby brother from pancreatic cancer over a 2 year stint.  Bill terry

I am so sorry for your loss. It is never easy.

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 1:40 PM, Kelley said:

May I steal this? 

of course You can Kelley. I was glad that I got to say that before He passed. Krash said that He made Him aware of it. You could have heard a pin drop in the tower when I said it. He will be truly missed that's for sure. He has so many Friends out there. My Condolences to You and Kaitlyn, I know that You have many Special Memories together

• Like 2