9 hours ago, FondaFan16 said:

Just curious where your information came from?  Right now the track has said nothing other than they'll make an announcement next week... 

Well I would say it's safe to rule out they're not having it, as getting people's hopes up for several more days only to announce it isn't being held would be an interesting marketing choice 😉

Maybe they'll partner with DirtVision for it to be part of FastPass.  Time will tell! 

• Like 1

Your delusional to think that there will be fans. The ban on fans at any spectator sports in ny is still in effect. the bills wanted 7k for a thursday night game in 3 weeks and were told no. https://subscribe.buffalonews.com/e/limit-reached-bn?returnURL=https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/bills-announce-no-fans-at-home-games-for-foreseeable-future/article_2b8c94f6-0287-11eb-8762-cbabf513f6bb.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-1

We live in a dictatorship and no one in the state assembly or senate is going to go against cuomo because they are all democrats. As of today 205,000 deaths in the US with a population in excess of 300 million. 7.19 million cases of positive covid19 with 37,165 added today. The decimal point is so far to the right and yet its like the bubonic plague. Only when you see your property and school tax bills go up by double digits to erase the financial hole that has been developed because of draconian financial policies by the democratic majority in the senate the assembly and the governor will you care to speak your voice but it will be too late. The entire US economy relies on consumer spending. 

In 2019 the Eastern States 200 purse was $172,800 then another $13,500 was for the Eastern States Winners 20 lap event, $10,000 bonus if someone sweeps, plus the b-main paid $2000 to win with $500 going to spots 2-27 if the driver didn't make the show already. 

How much do you think just to break even on that purse without any fees for broadcasting equipment labor is going to be ? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
31 minutes ago, premiumdiesel said:

Your delusional to think that there will be fans. The ban on fans at any spectator sports in ny is still in effect. the bills wanted 7k for a thursday night game in 3 weeks and were told no. https://subscribe.buffalonews.com/e/limit-reached-bn?returnURL=https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/bills-announce-no-fans-at-home-games-for-foreseeable-future/article_2b8c94f6-0287-11eb-8762-cbabf513f6bb.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-1

We live in a dictatorship and no one in the state assembly or senate is going to go against cuomo because they are all democrats. As of today 205,000 deaths in the US with a population in excess of 300 million. 7.19 million cases of positive covid19 with 37,165 added today. The decimal point is so far to the right and yet its like the bubonic plague. Only when you see your property and school tax bills go up by double digits to erase the financial hole that has been developed because of draconian financial policies by the democratic majority in the senate the assembly and the governor will you care to speak your voice but it will be too late. The entire US economy relies on consumer spending. 

In 2019 the Eastern States 200 purse was $172,800 then another $13,500 was for the Eastern States Winners 20 lap event, $10,000 bonus if someone sweeps, plus the b-main paid $2000 to win with $500 going to spots 2-27 if the driver didn't make the show already. 

How much do you think just to break even on that purse without any fees for broadcasting equipment labor is going to be ? 

That is one BIG Political Post! Lol. What draconian financial policies by the democrats? This is very interesting since the GOP has sent the Deficit to the moon. Lmao. Maybe the Very Wealthy guy from Mar a Lago will get us out of the financial mess he created? Lmfao.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
24 minutes ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

That is one BIG Political Post! Lol. What draconian financial policies by the democrats? This is very interesting since the GOP has sent the Deficit to the moon. Lmao. Maybe the Very Wealthy guy from Mar a Lago will get us out of the financial mess he created? Lmfao.

Who Created?????

Where the fck you been????? Do you even live in NYS?  better yet, the US?🙃

race fan 👍  love ya

woop       wooop

• Like 3
12 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

That’s exactly what the governor is attempting. Continue to bury NYers until the president bails NYS out for years of awful financial decisions. Your starting to get it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
16 hours ago, rpm72x said:

That’s exactly what the governor is attempting. Continue to bury NYers until the president bails NYS out for years of awful financial decisions. Your starting to get it. 

Wow, really? Still? All those federal taxes from New York are all being used to bail out Republican States that all those big companies are running to. God forbid we got some of that back to help pay all these costs for lowering the Covid numbers. 

Now I don't agree with our Governor's ridiculous and unfounded rules against spectators and racing. But I do hope OCFS can get the 200 to go. And I think the Fair Grounds idea is absolutely stupid. It really makes no sense. 

16 minutes ago, Jack Brady said:

Wow, really? Still? All those federal taxes from New York are all being used to bail out Republican States that all those big companies are running to. God forbid we got some of that back to help pay all these costs for lowering the Covid numbers. 

Now I don't agree with our Governor's ridiculous and unfounded rules against spectators and racing. But I do hope OCFS can get the 200 to go. And I think the Fair Grounds idea is absolutely stupid. It really makes no sense. 

Go ask some business owners how long NY has been sticking it to them. Long before Covid.  Awful odd that most all of us know of 1 or more small business owner who has/wants to move to one of those republican states. If you believe for 1 minute that any federal money would be going anywhere other than NYC your nuts. After all of it was distributed there, taxes will still increase for the rest of us.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, rpm72x said:

Go ask some business owners how long NY has been sticking it to them. Long before Covid.  Awful odd that most all of us know of 1 or more small business owner who has/wants to move to one of those republican states. If you believe for 1 minute that any federal money would be going anywhere other than NYC your nuts. After all of it was distributed there, taxes will still increase for the rest of us.

I'm a little crazy but I'm not nuts. And you don't have to ramble about small business and taxes. I grew up with it in my dad's business and my brother's. 

When you talk racing you are very knowledgeable, many times you speak over my head.  But you really don't understand the basics of how the Government both State and Federal work and how they affect us. Cuomo doesn't want to lose businesses, he doesn't want hardship on people. I don't think any Governor does. But he also doesn't want more Covid spreading wildly or death tolls rising. Even with the rising numbers again right now, we are still one of the most stable States dealing with the issue compared to many other States that have been on the rise all summer and in to fall.  I don't agree with some steps Cuomo has taken. I do think he has taken some personal swipes at racing unfairly. And he has made missteps that have cost some people dearly. No one is going to do everything perfect. And in times like these mistakes are made. I see a big backlash on the horizon for Cuomo and the Democrats like after Mario Cuomo when we elected Governor George Pataki. That's just par for the course when things like this happen. 

Your statement about where the federal funds would go, is close to correct. Because that is where 90% of the problem and money has been spent. And yes our taxes will go up, they always do. Like they say the only thing in life you can count on is Death and Taxes.

Now can we get back to Eastern States? Has anyone heard anything?

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Jack Brady said:

I'm a little crazy but I'm not nuts. And you don't have to ramble about small business and taxes. I grew up with it in my dad's business and my brother's. 

When you talk racing you are very knowledgeable, many times you speak over my head.  But you really don't understand the basics of how the Government both State and Federal work and how they affect us. Cuomo doesn't want to lose businesses, he doesn't want hardship on people. I don't think any Governor does. But he also doesn't want more Covid spreading wildly or death tolls rising. Even with the rising numbers again right now, we are still one of the most stable States dealing with the issue compared to many other States that have been on the rise all summer and in to fall.  I don't agree with some steps Cuomo has taken. I do think he has taken some personal swipes at racing unfairly. And he has made missteps that have cost some people dearly. No one is going to do everything perfect. And in times like these mistakes are made. I see a big backlash on the horizon for Cuomo and the Democrats like after Mario Cuomo when we elected Governor George Pataki. That's just par for the course when things like this happen. 

Your statement about where the federal funds would go, is close to correct. Because that is where 90% of the problem and money has been spent. And yes our taxes will go up, they always do. Like they say the only thing in life you can count on is Death and Taxes.

Now can we get back to Eastern States? Has anyone heard anything?

Well apparently your family businesses found loopholes that the 6 in my family, including my fathers and my own have not found. Of those 6 , 3 have moved south, they were successful in NY and have been successful in NC, Tennessee and Florida as well. None do a ton more business, but the operational costs, along with taxes and personal costs of living, allows them to make/keep more money. This isn’t news....NY is not business friendly. Unfortunately some grow up here, establish roots and never leave. But I will say, the weekly racing in NY is the best in the country IMO.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, rpm72x said:

But I will say, the weekly racing in NY is the best in the country IMO.

Won't argue this point with you. :)