I was following along on race monitor.  Couldn’t keep my eyes open any longer at 2:15 a.m. this morning and shut it down.  Last feature, 358’s, were 17 laps into their 96 lap feature.

2 hours ago, Fuller#1 said:

I was following along on race monitor.  Couldn’t keep my eyes open any longer at 2:15 a.m. this morning and shut it down.  Last feature, 358’s, were 17 laps into their 96 lap feature.

Dear God. That’s awful. 2:15 in the morning on a cold night in October is not ideal to be racing...

• Like 3
4 hours ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Dear God. That’s awful. 2:15 in the morning on a cold night in October is not ideal to be racing...

Modified feature went out around 2am and finished around 3am. 

It was not fun. We got home Friday night (Saturday morning) around 3am and got home Saturday night (Sunday morning) around 4:45am. We only had an hour and a half drive home. Feel bad for those that had a multiple hour drive home. 

6 hours ago, Fuller#1 said:

Friday night also went quite late. 

Was there a reason? One of those nights with wrecks? Needed lots of track work? I know some nights can drag more  than others. Just curious 

2 hours ago, Rmitchell said:

Was there a reason? One of those nights with wrecks? Needed lots of track work? I know some nights can drag more  than others. Just curious 

Two words: Sprint cars. 

There was also a lot of racing both nights. 

• Like 2

The amount of classes on the card each night seemed a little ridiculous.  The owner knew they weren’t competing against any other track.  So car counts would be very high.  I know purses need to be paid etc..  But seems a little greedy.

Reading about the night and it sure does sound like there were plenty of red flags.  What type of promoter though puts the headline class last on the card?  Definitely never see that during an extended lap event.  You hardly ever see that during weekly racing.  Let alone when there is 5 other divisions racing that night as well.

• Like 2

They got this idea in Brockville to run sprints this year and the hell with the other classes.Its just a shame the way they are treating the mods.Running them last is a joke.

• Thanks 1

Paul Kirkland does'nt give a rats ass about anything except padding his wallet, and running the mods last on a very late night as it was..like what the hell kind of promoter does that.Just a bullshit move.

16 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Two words.... Poor Management.  Thats insane!!!

Negative. Paul is one of the best in the business at running a show along smoothly. He hates long shows himself. Whatever the reason, poor management played no part it. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
55 minutes ago, jsw14886 said:

Negative. Paul is one of the best in the business at running a show along smoothly. He hates long shows himself. Whatever the reason, poor management played no part it. 

ok then!!