Jump to content



Recommended Posts

Phelps hasn't raced very much this year, but yeah he could win at almost any of the venues. 

The odds on favorite for any of the tracks is either Freisen or Sheppard (no duh, right?). But in actuality they could sweep the week between the two of them or not win a single race. There are a lot of guys very hungry and capable of winning at certain tracks any night of the week. But again the most consistent two at the top Freisen and Sheppard. But seeing this is one night after the other. I really feel there is a good 15% chance Stew and Sheppard could end up winless. 

I'm always a big Stew fan, but no one likes a dominator. Some good names have been mentioned. Larry Wight, Billy Decker, Tim Fuller, Eric Rudolph, Money Matt, Anthony Perrego, Jimmy Phelps. Then there are guys like Peter Britten, Mike Mahaney, Demetrious Drellos, Chris Hile, Billy Dunn, Justin Haers, Pat Ward, Marc Johnson, Rocky Warner, and even Brett, Danny, and Alan could pull one out on any given night.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

240 laps 1 pass for the lead....  so far...  and people said the racing at the mile wasn't good... lol

I think you should be prepared to be shocked. Those two are certainly favorites but I think Perrego, Williamson, Decker, Wight, Rudolph and J Phelps among others might have something to say about that

SDS format sucks plain & simple.....big money teams time trial on a fast surface to insure the front starting spots on a dry slick track in the heats & insure a front starting spot in the feat

Friesen and Sheppard are obvious picks.

 But I do not see many picks for Larry Wight.  Would not surprise me at all if he wins at least two.  Possibly more.

The sad part is.....Four of the six tracks are within 90 minutes of my home....☹️

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So bummed I cannot attend any SDW events this year.  I predict that the 99L will have a strong week and has several top 5's.

Anyone order this in the past and calculate the cost in Canadian $$?

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

I believe Jimmy has also won series’ races at Utica Rome in the past too.

Phelps has won series/big races at Utica (Victoria 200) and a few other specials there. He has won the Big Show at Malta. He has numerous wins at LoL including a win this season, and lots of accomplishments at Fulton and Weedsport (home tracks for most of his career). Can am would be the one place that he has not competed at often, or seen a lot of success at. Seems as though guys with lots of laps there are very tough to beat on most occasions. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jack Brady said:

Phelps hasn't raced very much this year, but yeah he could win at almost any of the venues. 

The odds on favorite for any of the tracks is either Freisen or Sheppard (no duh, right?). But in actuality they could sweep the week between the two of them or not win a single race. There are a lot of guys very hungry and capable of winning at certain tracks any night of the week. But again the most consistent two at the top Freisen and Sheppard. But seeing this is one night after the other. I really feel there is a good 15% chance Stew and Sheppard could end up winless. 

I'm always a big Stew fan, but no one likes a dominator. Some good names have been mentioned. Larry Wight, Billy Decker, Tim Fuller, Eric Rudolph, Money Matt, Anthony Perrego, Jimmy Phelps. Then there are guys like Peter Britten, Mike Mahaney, Demetrious Drellos, Chris Hile, Billy Dunn, Justin Haers, Pat Ward, Marc Johnson, Rocky Warner, and even Brett, Danny, and Alan could pull one out on any given night.

Or Ronnie Johnson at Malta. He has also been known to have a good run at Fulton.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think U/R is the biggest unknown. For the last few years U/R has been like glass and it was all about throttle management. But last year there were a couple nights it had bite and was completely different. I just think it could be the most unpredictable of the 6 races. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Jack Brady said:

I think U/R is the biggest unknown. For the last few years U/R has been like glass and it was all about throttle management. But last year there were a couple nights it had bite and was completely different. I just think it could be the most unpredictable of the 6 races. 

I think Can-Am is a bit of a wild card too.

Certainly Dunn and Fuller have turned a ton of laps there over the years and would be two guys "outside of your normal picks" to be in contention for that one. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

I think Can-Am is a bit of a wild card too.

Certainly Dunn and Fuller have turned a ton of laps there over the years and would be two guys "outside of your normal picks" to be in contention for that one. 

If you've seen Erick Rudolph race at Can-Am the last few times he's been there with a big block you wouldn't think of it much as a wild card.  Erick has the place figured out.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Or Ronnie Johnson at Malta. He has also been known to have a good run at Fulton.

Hes not winning tonight or any night this week. With all due respect to Ronnie. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, FondaFan16 said:

If you've seen Erick Rudolph race at Can-Am the last few times he's been there with a big block you wouldn't think of it much as a wild card.  Erick has the place figured out.

I'm looking forward to every night...I'll go ahead and say it...this format as a fan, who has never been able to attend SDW at Syracuse or Oswego has me more excited to see how things shake out than a traditional SDW.

All six of these tracks have been known to produce great racing and there are A LOT of quality cars that will be in the pits every night. I like the short lap distances than the big 150 and 200 laps at SDW.

Maybe a Chris Hile, Peter Britten, Mike Mahaney, Pat Ward, Billy Dunn, Justin Haers, Kenny Tremont, Marc Johnson etc. steal a victory from the eight favorites of Sheppard, Williamson, Wight, Decker, Rudolph, Friesen, Perrego and J Phelps.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

In no particular order tonight - Sheppard, Wight and Rudolph.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, leroy said:

Is Williamson not there?  If so, that is who I am picking!

 edit..... i just saw heat line ups on right    Williamson my pick👍

Williamson is there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Pretty BS move by Friesen to draw out the caution in that last heat.

That’s the Doctor’s move.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2020 at 7:49 PM, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

I think you should be prepared to be shocked. Those two are certainly favorites but I think Perrego, Williamson, Decker, Wight, Rudolph and J Phelps among others might have something to say about that.

Also, dark horse pick for the top 5 in the unofficial points I’m going to keep, Mike Mahaney.

Good call on Perrego. Sheppard and Friesen were out to lunch tonight!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote
  11 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Or Ronnie Johnson at Malta. He has also been known to have a good run at Fulton.

Hes not winning tonight or any night this week. With all due respect to Ronnie. 

You got lucky, you almost had to eat your words.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

I feel like very quietly Perrego has had the 2nd best season out of all modified drivers next to Friesen.

A good season.  But tonight's win makes 9?  Several drivers are in double digits

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.
















×
×
  • Create New...