Jump to content



Recommended Posts


  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

240 laps 1 pass for the lead....  so far...  and people said the racing at the mile wasn't good... lol

I think you should be prepared to be shocked. Those two are certainly favorites but I think Perrego, Williamson, Decker, Wight, Rudolph and J Phelps among others might have something to say about that

SDS format sucks plain & simple.....big money teams time trial on a fast surface to insure the front starting spots on a dry slick track in the heats & insure a front starting spot in the feat

On 10/6/2020 at 10:55 PM, burtonfan1995 said:

Good call on Perrego. Sheppard and Friesen were out to lunch tonight!

Jack Brady actually nailed Perrego right on the money with his initial prediction Monday. Nice work Jack. See if anyone can hit it on the head tonight at Fulton. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

225ish cars will be in the pits tonight including 101 sportsman.

Wow. Excited for a LOT of racing tonight, but can't imagine this thing ends before 11. Hopefully big blocks either run their feature first or second. 

The big blocks are indeed last according to the schedule posted on twitter. Woof. hope it's not too late of night in Fulton. Keep 'em clean and green in the heats at least hopefully!

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Jack Brady actually nailed Perrego right on the money with his initial prediction Monday. Nice work Jack. See if anyone can hit it on the head tonight at Fulton. 

Tim Fuller

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

The big blocks are indeed last according to the schedule posted on twitter. Woof. hope it's not too late of night in Fulton. Keep 'em clean and green in the heats at least hopefully!

They always run a pretty efficient show at Fulton. I will pick Lightning Larry for the win.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Car counts from 
@FultonSpeedway
 #OktoberFAST

@SuperDIRTcar - 55 
@DIRTcarNE
 358 Modifieds - 78
@DIRTcarNE
 Sportsman - 101 

Gonna be a long night.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, In the Shadows said:

Car counts from 
@FultonSpeedway
 #OktoberFAST

@SuperDIRTcar - 55 
@DIRTcarNE
 358 Modifieds - 78
@DIRTcarNE
 Sportsman - 101 

Gonna be a long night.

It is hard to impress me but I will say these numbers are very very impressive!! Good for DIRTcar. Good luck to everyone. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Mike Coleates said:

Which just proves we never needed Oswego. Should have been a speedweek once it left Syracuse. 

I agree with this. I don’t like the idea of camping in one place. I personally would like to follow around to a number of tracks. 3 divisions tops. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

I think WRG has found their format once the money from NYS runs out to hold it at Oswego.

Why would you remove a major money maker for another one? A speedweek, if it were something that WRG were to entertain going forward, would be better served in the Summer. The concept is to make money with multiple big events. The issue would be, getting tracks on board. This particular week is very unusual. It won’t happen like this again.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, jumper12a said:

Why would you remove a major money maker for another one? A speedweek, if it were something that WRG were to entertain going forward, would be better served in the Summer. The concept is to make money with multiple big events. The issue would be, getting tracks on board. This particular week is very unusual. It won’t happen like this again.

Helping the car counts this week were many didn't have the chance to race this season.

PS: It's 10pm.  Of course you want to have a draw for the big blocks instead of doing it during a last chance race to save time on long night.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JAR1972 said:

Helping the car counts this week were many didn't have the chance to race this season.

PS: It's 10pm.  Of course you want to have a draw for the big blocks instead of doing it during a last chance race to save time on long night.

235 cars, feature time before 10:30 is pretty good if you ask me.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JAR1972 said:

Helping the car counts this week were many didn't have the chance to race this season.

PS: It's 10pm.  Of course you want to have a draw for the big blocks instead of doing it during a last chance race to save time on long night.

Are they doing a draw on the track? There's nobody in the stands, right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jumper12a said:

Why would you remove a major money maker for another one? A speedweek, if it were something that WRG were to entertain going forward, would be better served in the Summer. The concept is to make money with multiple big events. The issue would be, getting tracks on board. This particular week is very unusual. It won’t happen like this again.

You won’t find a bigger proponent of a modified speedweek at any time than me. Whether it’s this every year or it moves to a different week, I’m all for it. Simply was just suggesting that this might be a format worth perusing once the State money runs out. From what I understand, DIRT needs that money to turn a profit with the cost to put the dirt down at Oswego.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

You won’t find a bigger proponent of a modified speedweek at any time than me. Whether it’s this every year or it moves to a different week, I’m all for it. Simply was just suggesting that this might be a format worth perusing once the State money runs out. From what I understand, DIRT needs that money to turn a profit with the cost to put the dirt down at Oswego.

Agree Wheels.  Once state money is gone (after DIRT week 50?), DIRT will need to either hope Oswego leaves the dirt down permanently or come up with something else like this speedweek.

PS: Would a mid summer and then an end of season speed week work?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.
















×
×
  • Create New...