• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

240 laps 1 pass for the lead....  so far...  and people said the racing at the mile wasn't good... lol

I think you should be prepared to be shocked. Those two are certainly favorites but I think Perrego, Williamson, Decker, Wight, Rudolph and J Phelps among others might have something to say about that

SDS format sucks plain & simple.....big money teams time trial on a fast surface to insure the front starting spots on a dry slick track in the heats & insure a front starting spot in the feat

56 minutes ago, JAR1972 said:

Agree Wheels.  Once state money is gone (after DIRT week 50?), DIRT will need to either hope Oswego leaves the dirt down permanently or come up with something else like this speedweek.

Not sure where you get your info from?

7 hours ago, JohnyC said:

I agree with this. I don’t like the idea of camping in one place. I personally would like to follow around to a number of tracks. 3 divisions tops. 

sarcasm perhaps? 

Just my opinion ,but packing up and moving down the road each morning sort of takes the 'camping' out of camping?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, leroy said:

sarcasm perhaps? 

Just my opinion ,but packing up and moving down the road each morning sort of takes the 'camping' out of camping?

Honestly I’m not a camper so not having to set up shop in one place sounds good to me. I’d much rather stay at different hotels and following the tour for the week. 

3 hours ago, DWagar said:

I'll eat some crow as I was totally wrong.

Good job to the officials...do it again at CanAm tonight.

Excellent job with that many cars in pits.

Keep in mind though with no fans in stand , No beer or food to sell.    so........

I do not know what the people buying PPV are worried about?.  Watch the replay in the morning if it runs late.

I fall asleep watching Dirt on Dirt  races from the south all the time

42 minutes ago, jumper12a said:

The state not pitching in, doesn’t mean SDW disappears.

100% correct, no state dollars would not mean SDW disappears.

No state dollars just means the current SDW format and venue would become unprofitable and thus unsustainable without change.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, DWagar said:

I'll eat some crow as I was totally wrong.

Good job to the officials...do it again at CanAm tonight.

I hope they do but some regular night shows at Can-am have finished past midnight this year 

1 hour ago, JAR1972 said:

100% correct, no state dollars would not mean SDW disappears.

No state dollars just means the current SDW format and venue would become unprofitable and thus unsustainable without change.

That’s your opinion, not facts.

1 hour ago, jumper12a said:

That’s your opinion, not facts.

No it's fact. WRG would not be putting on SDW at Oswego without the reimbursement from New York State. It's the reason the races are being held at Oswego. It's all part of the deal WRG and Cuomo made when it was decided to re-scape the New York Fair Grounds and remove the race track. Part of that deal was to move SDW to Donnelly's track once it was ready. We all know what happen to that. So when the current contract runs out one of two things is going to happen, the next Governor will either resign the agreement or tell them to pack in their @$$ and pay for it themselves. Which WRG will not do. Without that reimbursement from the State they will not have SDW at Oswego. I personally do think they would still turn a profit (though a much smaller one), but WRG will pull the plug on it. 

I find it appalling that racing is being subsidized with tax payer money in the first place. Tax breaks are one thing, but paying for an event is another.

A series can benefit multiple tracks and their communities across the state. And conclude with new Super DIRT Week over-all Champions. Mods, 358, Sportsman, and Pro Stocks (or switch it to Street Stocks and get more cars.)

1 hour ago, Jack Brady said:

No it's fact. WRG would not be putting on SDW at Oswego without the reimbursement from New York State. It's the reason the races are being held at Oswego. It's all part of the deal WRG and Cuomo made when it was decided to re-scape the New York Fair Grounds and remove the race track. Part of that deal was to move SDW to Donnelly's track once it was ready. We all know what happen to that. So when the current contract runs out one of two things is going to happen, the next Governor will either resign the agreement or tell them to pack in their @$$ and pay for it themselves. Which WRG will not do. Without that reimbursement from the State they will not have SDW at Oswego. I personally do think they would still turn a profit (though a much smaller one), but WRG will pull the plug on it. 

I find it appalling that racing is being subsidized with tax payer money in the first place. Tax breaks are one thing, but paying for an event is another.

A series can benefit multiple tracks and their communities across the state. And conclude with new Super DIRT Week over-all Champions. Mods, 358, Sportsman, and Pro Stocks (or switch it to Street Stocks and get more cars.)

Again, these are your opinions, not factual information. Do you work for WRG? Are you in the meetings in Concord or NYS with WRG personnel & NYS Officials? Were you in the room with the contract negotiations & the signing? Are you involved in the tabulation of final numbers of monies/profits after each SDW is over? I’m guessing no!

6 hours ago, leroy said:

Excellent job with that many cars in pits.

Keep in mind though with no fans in stand , No beer or food to sell.    so........

I do not know what the people buying PPV are worried about?.  Watch the replay in the morning if it runs late.

I fall asleep watching Dirt on Dirt  races from the south all the time

I'm lucky to make it past Jeopardy without falling asleep.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, jumper12a said:

Again, these are your opinions, not factual information. Do you work for WRG? Are you in the meetings in Concord or NYS with WRG personnel & NYS Officials? Were you in the room with the contract negotiations & the signing? Are you involved in the tabulation of final numbers of monies/profits after each SDW is over? I’m guessing no!

We'll see who is correct after super dirt week 50 is run.

1 hour ago, JAR1972 said:

We'll see who is correct after super dirt week 50 is run.

There’s no right or wrong answer here. You are simply telling us what your thoughts are about something that you know nothing about.