Watched the features last night on Flo.  The only races of Oktoberfast  week I watched.

I thought the race track was in pretty good shape last night.  Good racing and lots of passing.

Excellent interview after the races with Max.  He thanked a lot of folks.  👍  Very respectful.

• Like 2
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

240 laps 1 pass for the lead....  so far...  and people said the racing at the mile wasn't good... lol

I think you should be prepared to be shocked. Those two are certainly favorites but I think Perrego, Williamson, Decker, Wight, Rudolph and J Phelps among others might have something to say about that

SDS format sucks plain & simple.....big money teams time trial on a fast surface to insure the front starting spots on a dry slick track in the heats & insure a front starting spot in the feat

That was great? You had just a few cars who could run up top. I kind of thought the track sucked like Fulton.

The race for the lead was good. Max put on a really good show. Wasn't the best race of the week but it definitely wasn't the worst. I will say though I definitely got my money's worth of racing this past week.

As for purse? I didn't think the purses were to bad. I like to think that in the modifieds a race should be about $1,000 per 10 laps of the event. When tracks pay more then that its a definite bonus and makes the event more prestigious.

12 minutes ago, Jack Brady said:

That was great? You had just a few cars who could run up top. I kind of thought the track sucked like Fulton.

The race for the lead was good. Max put on a really good show. Wasn't the best race of the week but it definitely wasn't the worst. I will say though I definitely got my money's worth of racing this past week.

As for purse? I didn't think the purses were to bad. I like to think that in the modifieds a race should be about $1,000 per 10 laps of the event. When tracks pay more then that its a definite bonus and makes the event more prestigious.

Did you miss the 3 and 4 wide racing on restarts and the ensuing laps after?

Nope didn't miss them. Thought it was great, but with in a half of lap it was back to the bottom for most.

When you  have a track that is extremely hard to pass on, restarts are where all the action is, but once they make it back around through turn 4 its back to the train.

If you never raced you maybe couldn't appreciate what Friesen was doing especially towards the end when the camera was on him quite a bit. That alone was quite a show. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Jetmech63 said:

Really? So in your opinion which win from the first row race was the best?

That is easy, Albany/Saratoga had the best racing hands down. It doesn't matter where you started, it matters where you finish. And they had a great night of racing at A/S. 

Weedsport's surface sucks, as much money as they have put in to the place and how beautiful the facility is the track surface has sucked for decades. For the most part Weedsport has sucked since they made it a high bank D shape. I haven't seen a great race there in years. Most you guys never saw a race at Weedsport when it was a small paper clip with flat backstretch and limited banking. It was a real drivers track.

I think most New York tracks have forgotten how to create a good surface for racing. It's just simpler to make it slick as ice and and let them race around the bottom. I had to watch it for waaaay to long at OCFS.

But like I said, it wasn't the worst race of the week not even the second worst. 

And I did enjoy having racing on every night, except for losing Utica/Rome.   

• Like 2