48 minutes ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Doesn't mean Larson can't be in the 88 or whatever number that fourth car ends up being in the Hendrix stable..

My opinion, the 88 goes away and the 25 comes back with Larson behind the wheel.

• Like 2

If Hendrick is talking with Larson, I think it was a very smart PR move to not have Larson jump behind the wheel of the 48 team for a number of reasons given what has transpired over the last seven months.

I like Kyle. I think he made a big mistake and rightfully paid dearly for it. However, I also believe in second chances and I firmly believe from what I have read and observed, he is doing the right thing to try and correct his mistake to the best of his ability.

Since he said that word that stopped his NASCAR career, he has taken all the steps he's been asked to do to still have the ability to race in sprint cars and at the NASCAR level. He has spent time volunteering, learning and connecting with people that are educating him and helping him understand the impact of what he said. 

I'm not the owner of major corporation that will have to explain to my board or my shareholders why we hired the guy that publicly said the N word...that's still going to be a very tough road to hoe. But, I firmly believe if Kyle continues to do what he's doing and says the right things and can make people believe he's sincere and learned from his mistake, someone somewhere along the line will give him a chance again.

There is no doubt he is a talented race car driver. He's proven that all summer. He also had a pretty respectable Cup career to date prior to his termination in a decent, but not exactly the TOP team in NASCAR. Put him in a Stewart Haas or Hendrick car and see what happens, I'd be willing to bet a fair amount he's a top 10 car more weeks than he's not and competing for a few wins each year. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Pinesol said:

It's Hendrick....So I thought I read that Larson met with Rick Hendrick & Chevrolet? Just internet BS?

I read the same thing.  Hendrick and Larson talking though may not be about NASCRAP -- Larson want an Indy Car ride.  That may be what the talks are about.  Which I though in the first place.

Larson belongs in Open Wheel Cars, not fendered train cars playing follow the leader until the last 10 laps of the Stage or finish of the race

1 hour ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

If Hendrick is talking with Larson, I think it was a very smart PR move to not have Larson jump behind the wheel of the 48 team for a number of reasons given what has transpired over the last seven months.

I like Kyle. I think he made a big mistake and rightfully paid dearly for it. However, I also believe in second chances and I firmly believe from what I have read and observed, he is doing the right thing to try and correct his mistake to the best of his ability.

Since he said that word that stopped his NASCAR career, he has taken all the steps he's been asked to do to still have the ability to race in sprint cars and at the NASCAR level. He has spent time volunteering, learning and connecting with people that are educating him and helping him understand the impact of what he said. 

I'm not the owner of major corporation that will have to explain to my board or my shareholders why we hired the guy that publicly said the N word...that's still going to be a very tough road to hoe. But, I firmly believe if Kyle continues to do what he's doing and says the right things and can make people believe he's sincere and learned from his mistake, someone somewhere along the line will give him a chance again.

There is no doubt he is a talented race car driver. He's proven that all summer. He also had a pretty respectable Cup career to date prior to his termination in a decent, but not exactly the TOP team in NASCAR. Put him in a Stewart Haas or Hendrick car and see what happens, I'd be willing to bet a fair amount he's a top 10 car more weeks than he's not and competing for a few wins each year. 

Again my opinion but i think Ally didn't want to be associated with Larson and they are signed for 2 years on the 48, that is why the move was made with Bowman.

31 minutes ago, ranger22 said:

Again my opinion but i think Ally didn't want to be associated with Larson and they are signed for 2 years on the 48, that is why the move was made with Bowman.

That's a much shorter version of what i was trying to explain in my post, much more long winded.

• Like 1

I had sorted figured he would hold out maybe for Stewart. Stewart probaly the only one that would let him run around country in a sprint car while driving a cup car. Stewart should put him in one of his, one driver, 2 cars!😀👍

Bowman in the 48 is simply a change in the wrap. Kyle has had several meetings at Hendrick Motorsports. Ricks pull with GM has them rescinding their cutting ties with Kyle. It’s very close to being a done deal that he will be in a HMS Chevy, probably the 5. The contract would allow him a specific amount of dirt races/year, just as Ganassi had. Stewart-Haas obviously wanted him, Ford did not. Expect an announcement coming soon.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, jumper12a said:

Bowman in the 48 is simply a change in the wrap. Kyle has had several meetings at Hendrick Motorsports. Ricks pull with GM has them rescinding their cutting ties with Kyle. It’s very close to being a done deal that he will be in a HMS Chevy, probably the 5. The contract would allow him a specific amount of dirt races/year, just as Ganassi had. Stewart-Haas obviously wanted him, Ford did not. Expect an announcement coming soon.

Thing is Ganassi allowed Larson 20-25 dirt races during the nascar racing season &. If I remember corectly  Kasey Kane was only allowed only 5 sprint car races when he ran for Hendrick during the whole year. Big difference. Just to add fuel to the fire but Clint Boywer just annonced he's going to the tv booth next year. So is Larson going to Hendrick or Stewart Haas? Time will tell. Either way Larson will probaby be in Nascar Cup next year.

26 minutes ago, montess said:

Thing is Ganassi allowed Larson 20-25 dirt races during the nascar racing season &. If I remember corectly  Kasey Kane was only allowed only 5 sprint car races when he ran for Hendrick during the whole year. Big difference. Just to add fuel to the fire but Clint Boywer just annonced he's going to the tv booth next year. So is Larson going to Hendrick or Stewart Haas? Time will tell. Either way Larson will probaby be in Nascar Cup next year.

Like I said, I’m hearing the contract would allow a similar amount to Chip’s deal. And Ford told Tony no.

• Like 1

Clint Bowyer announced on social media Thursday night that he will leave Stewart-Haas Racing after this season to join the Fox Sports booth for its NASCAR broadcasts

10 minutes ago, RJO said:

Clint Bowyer announced on social media Thursday night that he will leave Stewart-Haas Racing after this season to join the Fox Sports booth for its NASCAR broadcasts

Yep! And all fingers point to Chase Briscoe in the 14 in 2021. It’s Fords call.

14 hours ago, RJO said:

Honestly thought he was already in the booth this season. Don't remember him racing on the track this year.

• Like 1

Briscoe is under contract with Ford not SHR so it’s up to Ford where he goes. IMO it’s better for his development to stay in Xfinity like cendric

I think something being overlooked with the possibility of Larson to hendrick is that Hendrick has to also be aware of initial backlash his own businesses could take after the signing along with finding a company to be the first to sign on with Larson.

I think you’ll see Briscoe in the 14, Larson in the 32 with and SHR alliance 

1 hour ago, franceslm1 said:

Why would a sponsor risk getting involved with Larson ?

Probably because at this moment based off the amount of people not tuning in to sports in general, it appears more people would be pissed he didn’t get a 2nd chance than if he did. Aldon Smith is a damn success story in the NFL.....after multiple DUIs, illegal weapon possession, hitting a police car and injuring 2 officers in a vehicle and beating the shit out of his fiancée. I don’t think a Larson return is a big deal, in a relatively small sport.