4 hours ago, racerguy said:

Some touched on it, he is now on par with everyone else car wise, the others have gotten now to where he was, he got there first and reaped the rewards, now with everything being equal, or close to it, he is no longer in a league of his own. Last night in hotlaps/qualifying 44 was head and shoulders above the rest of the field, but once the track slicked up he became a mere mortal. If you look close you can see where Friesen is getting it done, I will not give it away, but his attention to detail and understanding how to gain speed is impressive, he is also a talented driver, tough combo to beat, the equalizer is a bad draw on a skating rink.

So if this way a previous year you could plug Sheppards name in to replace Friesens. Lol. You have the BIG secret! Lmao!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Friesen goes from 9th to 4th in his heat. Sheppard goes from 3rd to 1st in his heat. In the feature Friesen started 20th goes back to 30th and finishes 7th.  Sheppard starts 2nd and finishes 1st.  She

OMG WHATS WRONG WITH FRIESEN????? Seems as though he has really fallen off. Did everyone else catch up? Track have too much traction? Not enough? Very strange and just like that,  Sheppard is the clas

Can’t.....I have to ask what’s up with stew atleast 200 more times and in every thread, even if it has nothing to do with him.    I think Billy Pauch Jr looked like he might be in that lea

6 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

OMG what’s wrong with Sheppard????

I know you will sleep well tonight. Like Old Racer pointed out.. thankfully he started up front. Thats where all the winners are coming from. Remember... I said I wouldnt be surprised if he wins 2 in a row. Go ahead... look it up. Lol.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

I know you will sleep well tonight. Like Old Racer pointed out.. thankfully he started up front. Thats where all the winners are coming from. Remember... I said I wouldnt be surprised if he wins 2 in a row. Go ahead... look it up. Lol.

I think there was 17 races last nite @ LOL  between qualifying and features Bicknell won every race I think and I'm not sure on 602 feature winners starting spot but looks like every race winner  outa 17 came  off front row .......That rain gave MS the bite he needed ..#..88 stated he wished it was slicker   Give MS some bite and that's the result 50% of the time everywhere he unloads.....

10 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

17 races @ LOL last nite I belief heats and features All winners of front row ......Rain helped MS with bite which when he gets he usually wins 50% of races where he unloads  Williamson was quoted that he wished top went away .....Bicknell won every race last nite heats and features but Hearn has looked good at times this week in new TEO 

1 hour ago, old racer said:

17 races @ LOL last nite I belief heats and features All winners of front row ......Rain helped MS with bite which when he gets he usually wins 50% of races where he unloads  Williamson was quoted that he wished top went away .....Bicknell won every race last nite heats and features but Hearn has looked good at times this week in new TEO 

You called it. You said before last nights race that Matt runs well when there is more bite in the track.  Rudolph was only driver to come from way back. What enabled him to do that but nobody else?

3 minutes ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

You called it. You said before last nights race that Matt runs well when there is more bite in the track.  Rudolph was only driver to come from way back. What enabled him to do that but nobody else?

Decker came from 14th also

• Like 1

Is Sheppard the favorite tonight? Remember I said I wouldnt be surprised to see him win the next 2 in a row.  I believe the last 3 times he was at Weedsport he won from 4th, 5th and 7th.  If he doesnt start in first 3 rows can he win from further back? I bet he is riding high with a lot of confidence after last night.

1 minute ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Is Sheppard the favorite tonight? Remember I said I wouldnt be surprised to see him win the next 2 in a row.  I believe the last 3 times he was at Weedsport he won from 4th, 5th and 7th.  If he doesnt start in first 3 rows can he win from further back? I bet he is riding high with a lot of confidence after last night.

He needs good track if he has that he will be very competitive no matter where he starts if car is 100%  Sometimes new broom sweeps clean Remember when he rolled @ LOL few years ago and came out in new car and won 5 in a row ? .Lets hope Phelps gives racers and DIRT / Vision buyers a good track at beautiful Weedsport 

On 10/10/2020 at 3:56 PM, RJO said:

I’m talking about this week Leroy. He has only run one race under DirtCar rules this year so far. Didn’t say anything about before this week.

I was just busting nuts.  Because.......

You could not be any further off base

One.     not only are you wrong on the Dirtcar races run thing.  Matt has raced many  Dirtcar rules races this year  And has won at least five of them?

Two.   Dirtcar rules favor Sheppard.  They do not hinder him.   Time trials help the pro teams.  Not the part timers

So I have no clue where you were going?  ?

45 minutes ago, leroy said:

I was just busting nuts.  Because.......

You could not be any further off base

One.     not only are you wrong on the Dirtcar races run thing.  Matt has raced many  Dirtcar rules races this year  And has won at least five of them?

Two.   Dirtcar rules favor Sheppard.  They do not hinder him.   Time trials help the pro teams.  Not the part timers

So I have no clue where you were going?  ?

Thank you for all of your wisdom and fact findings Leroy I just don’t know what I would do without you.

• Thanks 2
22 minutes ago, RJO said:

Thank you for all of your wisdom and fact findings Leroy I just don’t know what I would do without you.

People keep asking the question what is wrong with Sheppard?.  😜. LOL

NOTHING

You do not need a college education to figure it out.  Half the 9s wins or better each season are normally DIRTcar.   

what percentage of the DIRTcar  schedule has been cancelled this year?  ?

duh

Deja Vu.... Sheppard turns back the clock and starts picking the front row again! Lol.   This reminds me of why he always had BIG WIN numbers.  I dont care who you are.. it always makes it much easier when you start up front! Will he make it two in a row?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Deja Vu.... Sheppard turns back the clock and starts picking the front row again! Lol.   This reminds me of why he always had BIG WIN numbers.  I dont care who you are.. it always makes it much easier when you start up front! Will he make it two in a row?

Sheppard started up front because of how fast he was in time trials and heat races which earned him the right to get into the redraw.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 10/10/2020 at 9:16 PM, DowntheBackStretch said:

So if this way a previous year you could plug Sheppards name in to replace Friesens. Lol. You have the BIG secret! Lmao!

Actually that would be true, Friesen dumped the experimental stuff and bought a tried and true car and had instant success. I have been playing this game a long time, I see things different than most, if you know what to look for you can see clues there on the 44, if he is thinking that in depth on stuff you can see then some of the stuff you cant see must also be well thought out, Stew is not just buying a car and putting it together with what comes in the box. 

Friesen 17th to 4th and would have been contending for the W if it were 100 laps. Mahaney 27th to 10th which I thought was pretty impressive.  He actually ran great all week long, just never drew that magic front row starting spot. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, ChrisAkulis said:

Friesen 17th to 4th and would have been contending for the W if it were 100 laps. Mahaney 27th to 10th which I thought was pretty impressive.  He actually ran great all week long, just never drew that magic front row starting spot. 

Watched Mandee video and it showed DIRT Tech breaking a tire down ?   Also Mahaney and SF had problems with Tech at Weedsport ? ....I didn't think SF putting the iron to Pat Ward was cool move .....I've seen that at different tracks this year by SF  so when payback comes don't be surprised ... ?

25 minutes ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Oh really? Lol.

Pretty simple best time starts on pole first heat second fastest pole 2nd heat if 8 heats 8th  heat pole would go to 8th fastest Yesterday they had 5 heats so they took 2 for redraw Because MS won first heat he had first chance at redraw and picked #1 had he picked 8 he would have started 8th in feature Redraw was shown live so no BS going on ....Mahaney finished  second in third heat so he should have been 8th driver to redraw but was disqualified for something and started last in Last Chance  Showdown  (15th ) resulting in 27th starting spot in feature   Max started 7th in feature in car built by MS so both MS built cars finished 1st and 2nd ...I would guess Max drives this car in big races coming up ?

I'm not a fan of Weedsport but I thought last night was the best race of them all. I kept waiting for Max to overdrive it but he drove a great race. And Friesen at the end was superb changing lines to gain some speed. 

• Like 1

Definitely the most entertaining big block race I think. Albany-Saratoga was pretty darn good too I think minus the guy who started on the pole winning...behind him, lots of great action. I thought Canandaigua was pretty good too behind the leader. 

3 hours ago, old racer said:

Pretty simple best time starts on pole first heat second fastest pole 2nd heat if 8 heats 8th  heat pole would go to 8th fastest Yesterday they had 5 heats so they took 2 for redraw Because MS won first heat he had first chance at redraw and picked #1 had he picked 8 he would have started 8th in feature Redraw was shown live so no BS going on ....Mahaney finished  second in third heat so he should have been 8th driver to redraw but was disqualified for something and started last in Last Chance  Showdown  (15th ) resulting in 27th starting spot in feature   Max started 7th in feature in car built by MS so both MS built cars finished 1st and 2nd ...I would guess Max drives this car in big races coming up ?

The Octoberfast SDS website shows a redraw for positions 1-12.  So according to the "rules" that were posted Sheppard could have started 12th in the feature. Another poster said he started on the pole in the feature because he set fast time during time trials. The only point I was making is that you dont necessarily start on the pole because you were fastest in TT.  Youcan end up starting 6 rows back if you dont have a good redraw no matter if you time trialed fastest.