I got Dirtvision for the 1st time ever to watch OktoberFast after streaming DTDTV all year & my opinion is that Dirtvision is nowhere near as good as DTDTV....constant video & audio interruptions & horrible on track coverage....I for one will stick with DTDTV from now on

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, racer80 said:

I got Dirtvision for the 1st time ever to watch OktoberFast after streaming DTDTV all year & my opinion is that Dirtvision is nowhere near as good as DTDTV....constant video & audio interruptions & horrible on track coverage....I for one will stick with DTDTV from now on

Thank you for the great opinion.  DTD.TV has worked hard with an experienced video crew for the last few years since Bill and Kim Shea offered us the opportunity at Utica Rome, along with Brett Deyo promoter of the STSS, and we are proud of the crew we have created with experienced motorsports people on the cameras and the production crew from FLX Media Group. This year has risen to new heights with the NO FANS in the stands concept to allow us to greatly expand our coverage to many other tracks and we thank those promoters for sticking with us for the event coverage on DTD.TV. 

• Like 1

I enjoy them all  just to see some racing but I will say DTDTV has an issue getting the running order to match whats actually on the track. And LoLtv needs to move their running order cause it blocks a third of the TV. Dirtvision has been pretty good but a few audio issues.

I'm just thankful we have the ability to purchase the different options to watch. I really like Shane Andrews and his knowledge of the sport. It's easy to tell he's been around and knows dirt racing. He has hands on knowledge of drivers and owners past and present and shares that information very well. Thank you so much to vision and dtd for helping us in a small way get through these tough times.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, robertmorris said:

I'm just thankful we have the ability to purchase the different options to watch. I really like Shane Andrews and his knowledge of the sport. It's easy to tell he's been around and knows dirt racing. He has hands on knowledge of drivers and owners past and present and shares that information very well. Thank you so much to vision and dtd for helping us in a small way get through these tough times.

He and Dan are a great broadcast pair, I've really enjoyed them this week. 

The main audio issues I've noticed seem to be related to cordless mic issues, and I don't think that's exclusive to DirtVision as they are consistently finicky. 

• Like 1

Give me $39 a month over a pay per race format any day. I haven’t had an issue this week either other than the aforementioned cordless mic issues which are certainly not exclusive to dirtvision. To each his own I guess though 

• Like 5
6 hours ago, jwin said:

The main audio issues I've noticed seem to be related to cordless mic issues, and I don't think that's exclusive to DirtVision as they are consistently finicky. 

True story, and you're also at the mercy of the tracks audio system with those wireless mic's and some tracks have better systems than others.

With the lack of fans we've actually switched sometimes to just our microphone for the broadcast when the wireless mic's get particularly difficult.  But when you do that the people at the track can't hear anything.  

• Like 1

I bought Dirtvision for this week but looking ahead there is 2 or 3 more modified shows this month along with Outlaw Sprints and Orange County. I cant believe they didn't change the price for this month.

9 minutes ago, macho said:

I bought Dirtvision for this week but looking ahead there is 2 or 3 more modified shows this month along with Outlaw Sprints and Orange County. I cant believe they didn't change the price for this month.

$39 a month every month...whether there is 1 race or 20. If you think about it though, it's a perfect marketing opportunity for DIRTvision to have all six nights of the mod week on the FASTpass. It gets a segment of the population that may or may not have it as the NY area is much heavier mod country over sprints and late models etc. 

It also opens up the northeast mod racing to the rest of the country that has the FASTpass for the sprints and late models.

Lastly, dirtvision has the 2021 SuperDIRTSeries as well so they can promote that and get people used to their coverage. I bet FASTPass subscriptions are up significant this week and will be again back in April from our aea.

12 minutes ago, macho said:

I'm skeptical that DirtVision is carrying Orange County - if you look, it doesn't have the WATCH | LISTEN on the right hand side like the others.  This is how past SDS races were listed when they were on Flo.  Also, the sites aren't totally accurate with everything being as fluid as it is... i.e. Flo's schedule still show's Oktoberfast from Weedsport today, which is going to be on DirtVision. 

With Orange County having their own streaming, I would be surprised if they partnered with another provider instead of keeping the whole pie to themselves, but, this is 2020 so it's entirely likely it'll be free on YouTube at the rate this year has gone 😉

7 hours ago, jwin said:

I'm skeptical that DirtVision is carrying Orange County - if you look, it doesn't have the WATCH | LISTEN on the right hand side like the others.  This is how past SDS races were listed when they were on Flo.  Also, the sites aren't totally accurate with everything being as fluid as it is... i.e. Flo's schedule still show's Oktoberfast from Weedsport today, which is going to be on DirtVision. 

With Orange County having their own streaming, I would be surprised if they partnered with another provider instead of keeping the whole pie to themselves, but, this is 2020 so it's entirely likely it'll be free on YouTube at the rate this year has gone 😉

Flo racing & Dirtvision both are covering Weedsport today. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, montess said:

Flo racing & Dirtvision both are covering Weedsport today. 

Yup, watching Weedsport on Flo right now.

Dirtvision is ok, they definitely need to get a damn app for Amazon Fire. Shane and Dan aren't a bad team. They do work together pretty good. Dan seems to have a good handle on the technical side and of course Shane has the history side covered. I don't know,  I think I was spoiled with Gary Montgomery and Doug Logan. For some reason Shane just bugs the hell out of me with his analogies or whatever. He has some really dumb sayings.

DTDtv I really like, I think they do better job with less. Plus they have a lot more content. When I'm watching DTDtv I feel more like I'm at the track. I don't know. There is just a closer feeling to racing for me when I'm watching DTDtv compared to Dirtvision. Mr. Mallet is just a better personality then Shane.

On 10/12/2020 at 2:05 PM, Jack Brady said:

DTDtv I really like, I think they do better job with less. Plus they have a lot more content. When I'm watching DTDtv I feel more like I'm at the track. I don't know. There is just a closer feeling to racing for me when I'm watching DTDtv compared to Dirtvision. Mr. Mallet is just a better personality then Shane.

For the price DTD TV is charging it better be the best. Lol

• Like 2

All of the broadcasters need to cut down on the graphics and show the cars and sponsors on the cars, instead of blocking the entire window with graphics.

I watched over 25 races this year and the excessive graphics was the most annoying part of every event.

Sponsors make racing cost effective. 

Spending more time showing the cars and talking about the sponsors will keep viewers coming back.

I would pay $30 for each race if they have a button to turn off the graphics. 

We all have race monitor on our phones.

The actual racing was great and all broadcasters did a good job all year, so I don't mind that I spent a lot of money watching.  

All it takes is one simple rule. 

Don't block any car that is on the screen with graphics.

14 hours ago, paulgarrow said:

Don't block any car that is on the screen with graphics.

That is why our graphics run across the top of the screen.  They very rarely (if ever) interfere with the view of the cars on the track.

As for everyone having race monitor on their phones, I'll tell you that one of the most requested items to be added to our broadcasts was the live timing and scoring.  You'll never please everyone, but I think the vast majority of people enjoy having the live timing and scoring on their TV screen instead of their phones. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, FondaFan16 said:

That is why our graphics run across the top of the screen.  They very rarely (if ever) interfere with the view of the cars on the track.

As for everyone having race monitor on their phones, I'll tell you that one of the most requested items to be added to our broadcasts was the live timing and scoring.  You'll never please everyone, but I think the vast majority of people enjoy having the live timing and scoring on their TV screen instead of their phones. 

Agree! I don't want to be staring at my phone while trying to watch a race.. I was initially against the side pylon scoring when NASCAR adapted it from F1 (in the beginning it was solid black background) but I think Flo and DV have done a good job bringing it into the broadcast.  

Like you said, you'll never please everyone! 

With both I feel like they spend to much the focusing on the lead cars especially when its a run away. Would look to see more battles throughout the field from each, but beggars cant be choosers at least we get to watch some form of racing from them. 

I like DTD rolling spot tracker much better though! 

• Like 3
41 minutes ago, Ric said:

OCFS Eastern States is no longer on the Dirtvision schedule.

Not shocking considering it's not a Super DIRTcar Series sanctioned event. 

To be honest, I've thoroughly enjoyed the vast majority of the broadcasts on all of the above venues this past season. Some of the issues that have been brought up here on this forum were definitely truthful but for the most part didn't take anything away from what I wanted to see. Not to rock the boat but to me it beat the network stuff of NASCAR big time. Diversity is one of the now prevalent "buzzwords". So my diversity was watching Street Stocks from Thunder Mountain, Pro Stocks from Albany-Saratoga, the Freedom 76 from Grandview, USAC Champ cars from Selinsgrove. WOO Sprints from Knoxville, Lincoln and Williams Grove, IMCA's from Penn Can and Dirt Modifieds and Sportsmen from just about everywhere. It just doesn't get any better that if you were actually there. For the most part the only thing I missed was the smell and the "tube steaks". Thanks and kudos to any and all the people involved in these endeavors. It was greatly appreciated.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mickey55 said:

For the most part the only thing I missed was the smell and the "tube steaks".

Say what???? 🤔

• Haha 1

A race track has it's own sense blasters such as sights, sounds and smells that you really can't experience fully when you're sitting in front of a television set, no matter how good it is. A "tube steak", well for those who have not heard is just another name for one of those delightful race track versions of a "happy meal". Oswego has the Hoffman's, Langhorne used to put them in a big kettle and boil them and Martinsville has one that's been characterized as "mystery meat". The slang name that has been bantered around for ages at race tracks far and wide is "tube steak". Hence the reference. 

3 hours ago, jumper12a said:

Say what???? 🤔

Come on, GT... You don't have nicknames for hot dogs? Any time I go into a 7-11, I make it a point to walk by the hot dogs on those rollers for a giggle. I refer to them as "Rotary Dinks." My brother used to call the Bob Evans breakfast sausage links "Possum Peckers." And any track that scorches frozen hot dogs on a hot plate - those are "Grizzle Dicks."

• Like 1