• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another stupid rule.....you can stack springs, use spring rubbers, have 2000 dollars worth of shocks on your car....but you can’t have too tall of a bump stop. Another cheap piece of technology that h

Yes , at the scales    , they went to the right rear of the car ,  no , to my knowledge , no other cars were checked and we have a good idea who bitched , but rather not say . Mike was under the assum

Could have checked all the qualified cars following the heats and consis  instead of singling out one car.

Another stupid rule.....you can stack springs, use spring rubbers, have 2000 dollars worth of shocks on your car....but you can’t have too tall of a bump stop. Another cheap piece of technology that has been around for decades...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, zzz said:

oh cool,as long as EVRYONE ELSE was checked too? dont be a hater lol,

Absolutely. ;)

1 minute ago, Gevo`s Rears & Gears said:

nope

John... were they waiting for him at the scales to make that call?   any idea who bitched about it? were they looking for it on other cars? 

thanks 

44 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

Another stupid rule.....you can stack springs, use spring rubbers, have 2000 dollars worth of shocks on your car....but you can’t have too tall of a bump stop. Another cheap piece of technology that has been around for decades...

like I have aiways said......just another SDS Shitshow

• Like 1

at the end of the day most of the good guys are traveling with spring smashers in the trailer now...  just one more high tech tool to have...

17 minutes ago, Outlaw Photos said:

John... were they waiting for him at the scales to make that call?   any idea who bitched about it? were they looking for it on other cars? 

thanks 

Yes , at the scales    , they went to the right rear of the car ,  no , to my knowledge , no other cars were checked and we have a good idea who bitched , but rather not say . Mike was under the assumption that it was legal. He went from 28th to 10th without it , so i guess he didn`t need it  , but the rules are the rules . 

• Like 7
45 minutes ago, Gevo`s Rears & Gears said:

Yes , at the scales    , they went to the right rear of the car ,  no , to my knowledge , no other cars were checked and we have a good idea who bitched , but rather not say . Mike was under the assumption that it was legal. He went from 28th to 10th without it , so i guess he didn`t need it  , but the rules are the rules . 

Gotta limit those parts that cost 20 bucks or less, but take a bit of knowledge to understand how they work. If not the price of big block racing will get out of hand. LOL. Absolutely no way we will create rules to actually drop costs, like no siping or grooving of tires, no oxygenated fuel for the 358s, a 7000  rpm limit for big blocks. These rules make zero sense.....to those who make the rules.

• Like 4

Mike just posted a video on his FB page explaining what happened.  I guess the most surprising thing to me is that according to Mike, the bump stops come stock from the supplier at 3 inches.  They need to be trimmed to fit DIRTcar rules (2.25 inches maximum). 

Clearly an oversight on Mike's part, but in his defense, who would have thought you'd need to modify a part in order for it to be legal.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

A clear oversight for sure.  But man, why do we need such dumb rules for Big Block Modified racing?  Spring smashers are here to stay... sorry DIRTcar, you can't save us from the big bad spring smasher.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, matt_s86 said:

A clear oversight for sure.  But man, why do we need such dumb rules for Big Block Modified racing?  Spring smashers are here to stay... sorry DIRTcar, you can't save us from the big bad spring smasher.

Until the day they tell us what spring to run where......

Mike got the BONE!   would seem they knew he had it.. they could have come over and looked before the heat and told him to get it off...  They chose not too... Instead they waited and did him dirty...  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, racer80 said:

like I have aiways said......just another SDS Shitshow

When are you going to get over your personal vendetta against WRG? It was of your own doing lol.

34 minutes ago, Outlaw Photos said:

Mike got the BONE!   would seem they knew he had it.. they could have come over and looked before the heat and told him to get it off...  They chose not too... Instead they waited and did him dirty...  

I disagree 100%. They didn’t do him dirty, they just didn’t stop him from breaking a rule before he actually broke it. If officials were expected to investigate every complaint that they receive saying this guy or that guy is breaking a rule they’d be busy as all hell. It’s not practical to expect that from them. Do I think they should have said something to him prior to going out there with it on his car? Hell yes I do, he is/was a platinum driver (before COVID) and has raced in all of the OctoberFast races. Did they do him dirty by not telling him about it ahead of time? Nope, he’s a big boy he is responsible for his own actions.  

Oh, p.s. Mike is my favorite racer so no bias here. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
59 minutes ago, jumper12a said:

When are you going to get over your personal vendetta against WRG? It was of your own doing lol.

no vendetta....just think their series suck because they cater to the big money guy

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, racer80 said:

no vendetta....just think their series suck because they cater to the big money guy

Oooooook lol

• Haha 1
46 minutes ago, jsw14886 said:

I disagree 100%. They didn’t do him dirty, they just didn’t stop him from breaking a rule before he actually broke it. If officials were expected to investigate every complaint that they receive saying this guy or that guy is breaking a rule they’d be busy as all hell. It’s not practical to expect that from them. Do I think they should have said something to him prior to going out there with it on his car? Hell yes I do, he is/was a platinum driver (before COVID) and has raced in all of the OctoberFast races. Did they do him dirty by not telling him about it ahead of time? Nope, he’s a big boy he is responsible for his own actions.  

Oh, p.s. Mike is my favorite racer so no bias here. 

i see it another way...  Someone went to DirtCar and told them Mike had it on his car. As you said he was a platinum driver. why not just pull him aside and say you can't run that...  instead in the last night of a big series the decide to make an example out of him... 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

so now go to port royal and win the 50 plus k money.this guy has more class and style than anyone else out there,,.and hes a pretty damn good racer too.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Outlaw Photos said:

i see it another way...  Someone went to DirtCar and told them Mike had it on his car. As you said he was a platinum driver. why not just pull him aside and say you can't run that...  instead in the last night of a big series the decide to make an example out of him... 

If they were told prior to the event I agree.....if he rolled out and they tipped off the tech guy then tech did what they had to. If they let it go and tell him after the heat, then they look worse. It’s a dumbass rule which should be the main complaint. 

• Like 1