2 hours ago, zzz said:

Being run,,?with orange countys ''increase''[see town of bloomingrove,monroe area] in the china virus,,? I hope so 

That is a very good question.  Looking at todays tracker there are 3 county's with a high percentage of positives.  Westchester County is now at 5.2%, Rockland County is at 8.6% and Orange County is at 7.0%. Compare that to Saratoga County at 1.0%, Montgomery County at 0.8%, Onondaga County at 1.7%,  Cayuga County at 0.6% and Yates County at 0.7% and it makes you wonder?

Yeah well it's basically being caused by a certain body of religious people who have always thought the laws don't apply to them. That and they are one of the largest groups of Democrats in the state. There schools get 10's of millions of dollars for their schools every year while other's get cut. They control almost every school district they are settled in. And control who gets the money. The mayor of NYC and the Governor have little to no control over them. And aren't coming down on them because they need those votes.

I'm hoping this doesn't cause ESW to be canceled.. As the majority of the people in the area are doing what they are suppose to be doing. 

1 hour ago, Jack Brady said:

Yeah well it's basically being caused by a certain body of religious people who have always thought the laws don't apply to them. That and they are one of the largest groups of Democrats in the state. There schools get 10's of millions of dollars for their schools every year while other's get cut. They control almost every school district they are settled in. And control who gets the money. The mayor of NYC and the Governor have little to no control over them. And aren't coming down on them because they need those votes.

I'm hoping this doesn't cause ESW to be canceled.. As the majority of the people in the area are doing what they are suppose to be doing. 

You mean to tell me some people in NYS aren’t following the Governor’s orders? How dare they!

• Haha 2

I hear Brett Hearn's interview with Doug Elkins and he said they are all set to race. I dont think they will cancel even with the rising numbers. I read what Jack posted about a large group being responsible for the big numbers.  Nobody in the stands and the drive-in is all marked for each spot so I think they are good to go. He said the track is in real good shape too from all the work they did on it.

4 hours ago, jumper12a said:

You mean to tell me some people in NYS aren’t following the Governor’s orders? How dare they!

Ya think? 😆

If they were to test everyone each day?  The numbers might be 30-50 percent positive.  Perhaps more !!!

average joe does not get tested each day .

Testing positive for COVID is not a death sentence.  Ask the Titans.  

People do  have the virus    So what.......?  ?

the whole COVID shutting businesses down and crushing peoples income because  some of the people have a virus and even fewer are actually sick ?   .What a Bull Shitt  shammmm!

Headed to normal town PA Saturday early AM

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Jack Brady said:

I think you’re referring to the orthodox jews. They’re the guys dressed in black trench coats with the big furry hats and long side burns that are all curled up.

I’ve heard they are big Matt Sheppard fans. That’s why he chose to race at OCFS this past year. Big fan base! You see ‘em a lot sitting in the fourth turn there. Very respectful citizens and proud Americans. Can’t say enough good things about them!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
4 hours ago, leroy said:

Ya think? 😆

If they were to test everyone each day?  The numbers might be 30-50 percent positive.  Perhaps more !!!

average joe does not get tested each day .

Testing positive for COVID is not a death sentence.  Ask the Titans.  

People do  have the virus    So what.......?  ?

the whole COVID shutting businesses down and crushing peoples income because  some of the people have a virus and even fewer are actually sick ?   .What a Bull Shitt  shammmm!

Headed to normal town PA Saturday early AM

Eh...just today, one of the most prominent Republicans in the country had a come to Jesus moment after being in the ICU for a week. This is a big-name Republican who seems to be saying that being in the ICU for a week kinda sucks.

Chris Christie is not some far-left libtard.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/new-jersey/2020/10/15/chris-christie-wrong-not-wear-mask-prevent-covid-19/3671439001/

Zombie Herman Cain says it is no big deal.

https://politicalwire.com/2020/08/31/zombie-herman-cain-tweets-virus-not-as-deadly/

• Like 1
1 hour ago, FightForTheRail said:

Eh...just today, one of the most prominent Republicans in the country had a come to Jesus moment after being in the ICU for a week. This is a big-name Republican who seems to be saying that being in the ICU for a week kinda sucks.

Chris Christie is not some far-left libtard.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/new-jersey/2020/10/15/chris-christie-wrong-not-wear-mask-prevent-covid-19/3671439001/

Zombie Herman Cain says it is no big deal.

https://politicalwire.com/2020/08/31/zombie-herman-cain-tweets-virus-not-as-deadly/

Why drag politics into it?

I do not give a crap what those two people said.^^  Care even less what political party anyone belongs too.     Not sure what that has to do with the price of milk.

My opinions are my own.  

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, zzz said:

A family member that works in orang. co govt health div. said its not all in hasids,community,,a lot surprisingly is in newburgh area,,.of course how accurate are hassy's at reporting! ?

Do those areas have colleges or jails\prisons?  Some towns in the Northeast are saying their current uptick in positive rates are coming from those. 

There are hundreds of thousands of false positives that have been counted across the country. It’s still happening in the NFL and at colleges. The testing procedures are flawed and nothing about this deal is accurate. What is accurate is that hundreds of scientists and Drs. from across the world are now stating that continuing lockdowns, school closures and business closures, is more dangerous than the virus itself. Healthy people should have been back to normal months ago. And as far as racetracks and fans go, if the media was correct every racefan in PA would be dead. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I’m calling Jack Brady’s post (and blowinblackboogers’s) bigoted at best, anti-semitic at worst, and completely based in ignorance. Is this what we have reduced ourselves to … even on a racing board? WTF!?

FBI Hate Crimes Report (latest available data, 2018) “Hate crimes motivated by religious bias accounted for 1,550 offenses, and the majority of those were anti-Jewish”

New York Times, February 18, 2019 “Anti-Semitic Attacks Fuel Continuing Rise in Hate Crimes in New York

Washington Post, December 30, 2019 “Acts of anti-Semitism are on the rise in New York and elsewhere, leaving Jewish community rattled”

NBC News, January 3, 2020 “It's not just New York: Anti-Jewish attacks are part of a wave of 'more violent' hate crimes”

1) Jack, where is your evidence that this ‘ body of religious people who have always thought the laws don't apply to them.’ You’re just repeating the same drivel that deBlasio and other Anti-semites like him spew. You make no mention of other religious groups. You make no mention of the BLM protests. You simply single out one group for derision. Overly simplistic conclusions based on univariate “analysis” are based in ideology, not on what can be proven. You then go on to claim, without evidence and as if it matters at all, that they are largest groups of Democrats in the state, and so on and so forth - yawn. You DO realize that COVID can get anyone, right?

2) blowinblackboogers – Nice way to paint a target on people who are different than you. Well done!

Tablet Magazine, July 2019 [Jew-hatred in New York] noted " the victims are most often outwardly identifiable, i.e., religious rather than secularized Jews...."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

My evidence is my eyes and dealing with them, and the news. Call me what you want but it's all true. At a grocery story in Liberty, NY in Sullivan County I watched a woman of said religion walk up and take things out of my mother's cart. When working for a hotel/resort in the Catskills I had to drive people to the "camps" where many of them stayed. Garbage piled 5ft high in the brook's. Multiple news reports of them locking up their teenage girls in unsafe environments. And a lot worse. I've personally dealt with these types of people. So yeah.

My wife was Jewish and she had the same feelings about that certain religious group too. No one is supporting violence against them on here. If you take what I said as anti-sematic. You should hear my thoughts on the creation of the Jewish State stolen from the people who actually lived there and being turned in to second class citizens. It's an opinion. 

The facts are the facts, call me anything you want. But I treat every person as an individual not part of a group. But the facts are this group is creating hot spots.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Jack Brady said:

My evidence is my eyes and dealing with them, and the news. Call me what you want but it's all true. At a grocery story in Liberty, NY in Sullivan County I watched a woman of said religion walk up and take things out of my mother's cart. When working for a hotel/resort in the Catskills I had to drive people to the "camps" where many of them stayed. Garbage piled 5ft high in the brook's. Multiple news reports of them locking up their teenage girls in unsafe environments. And a lot worse. I've personally dealt with these types of people. So yeah.

My wife was Jewish and she had the same feelings about that certain religious group too. No one is supporting violence against them on here. If you take what I said as anti-sematic. You should hear my thoughts on the creation of the Jewish State stolen from the people who actually lived there and being turned in to second class citizens. It's an opinion. 

The facts are the facts, call me anything you want. But I treat every person as an individual not part of a group. But the facts are this group is creating hot spots.

Jack I agree with you 1000% and living in the area and dealing with them as well I could tell story's for days as well. Granted Not every single one of them are bad like in any particular group , but going bye my personal experiences the majority ive personally  delt with are. Unfortunately when ever you bring to attention of their ill behavior your labeled as an Anti Semite or a racist  and they use that  as a shield for their horrible behavior. I know its a natural reaction in any crisis to point fingers and blame one group or the other but they have flaunted their disregard. Weirdly as much as I hate the governor something tells me i think he knows were the problem groups are and maybe why he has  backed off the racing community a tiny  bit and let this show go on

• Like 1

Jack, any serious discussion uses verifiable evidence to strengthen one’s argument. Using your eyes as evidence is nothing more than a subjective standard that you set up for yourself. If you judge anything based on that standard, it’s simply limited to your interpretation, because no one else would be able to see it from your POV. That’s not to say that your eyes have been deceiving you, I’m simply pointing out that your eyes offer no proof that anyone else could judge as right or wrong.

The same applies to dealing with “them” (when you create group ‘us,’ by default you create group ‘them’)* and the news – Denzel said it best ‘read the news and get misinformed. Anything you practice you’ll get good at – including BS.”

*I’m not at all suggesting you’re a Nazi by saying the following: This ‘othering’ is exactly the same tactic the Germans used to convince the masses that the Jews needed to be killed. Don’t call them people, call them a disease, a rodent, an insect … because who doesn’t want to get rid of a disease right?

I’m not calling you what I want, I’m calling it the way it is. You cannot deny that you what you’re writing is anti-semitic; it’s the very definition of anti-semitic. And for the record, I’m not Jewish. However, I most definitely see the world differently than you do.

We’ve all got stories of people behaving badly and I suppose we’ve all personally dealt with ‘these type of people’ – whomever they are.

You said at the end of your post that you treat every person as an individual but it is clear you do not (as least based on what you posted here on the forum). You lumped all Jews together into a group, declared that they think they are above the law (and so on and so forth) and then singled them out while ignoring other groups doing the same thing.

Having a former wife who is Jewish is not a license for you to act anti-semitically toward all other Jews. I could say, “I once had a black girlfriend”, yet … does that give me the right to go around spewing racist garbage? No sir, it does not, anymore than your previous connection to Judaism gives you the right to be anti-semitic.

You may not be pushing for or supporting violence against Jews, but by singling them out, it has the same effect.

Again, though you haven’t said it, it seems to be that one could summarize your argument thusly, “Get rid of the Jews and the hot spots of COVID will go away.” You and I both know that simply is not true.

“You should hear my thoughts on the creation of the Jewish State stolen from the people who actually lived there and being turned in to second class citizens. It's an opinion.”

I’d rather not hear it because, judging from the wording you use, I can surmise that it's a false argument that has no basis in historical fact. But yes, it’s your opinion and I WILL defend your right not only to have the opinion but to say it.

At the same time I cannot just let the challenge go without giving some rebuttal. Over the past 3,000 years, there were only two independent states located in what is called Israel. Both were Jewish states, and invaders destroyed both. No Arab or Muslim or any other country ever existed in that land, which was only named Palestine by the Romans to remove all memory of the Jewish state they destroyed, in the year 70. One out of five Israelis isn’t a Jew. These Israeli citizens, mostly Arab Muslims, have the exact same rights as Jewish Israelis (they’re not treated as 2nd class citizens).

I wonder why you didn’t mention Pakistan (actually I don’t because I already know why you didn’t). A few facts: In 1947, nine months before the establishment of Israel, India was partitioned into a Muslim state—Pakistan, and a Hindu state—India. Where there is a historical precedent for the existence of Israel, Pakistan never existed, before it was created. Unlike Israel’s founding, which created about 700,000 Jewish refugees from Arab lands and about 700,000 Arab refugees from what became Israel, the founding of Pakistan created about 7 million Muslim refugees from India and about 7 million Hindu refugees from Pakistan. The highest estimate of Arab deaths in the fighting that took place when Israel was established is 10,000, while the number of deaths as a result of Pakistan’s creation is around 1 million.

'If historical injustices and persecution were useful explanations of group disadvantage, Jews would be some of the poorest and least-educated people in the world today. Few groups have been victimized down through history as have the Jews. Despite being historical targets of hostility and lethal violence, no one can argue that as a result Jews are the most disadvantaged people.' Dr. Thomas Sowell

Jack, if you want to continue the discussion, let’s do it in a pm.

Moderators, the discussion isn’t really car racing related … if you want to delete anything, though you certainly don’t need it, you have my permission.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
On 10/17/2020 at 7:44 PM, BV/DV fan said:

I’m calling Jack Brady’s post (and blowinblackboogers’s) bigoted at best, anti-semitic at worst, and completely based in ignorance. Is this what we have reduced ourselves to … even on a racing board? WTF!?

FBI Hate Crimes Report (latest available data, 2018) “Hate crimes motivated by religious bias accounted for 1,550 offenses, and the majority of those were anti-Jewish”

New York Times, February 18, 2019 “Anti-Semitic Attacks Fuel Continuing Rise in Hate Crimes in New York

Washington Post, December 30, 2019 “Acts of anti-Semitism are on the rise in New York and elsewhere, leaving Jewish community rattled”

NBC News, January 3, 2020 “It's not just New York: Anti-Jewish attacks are part of a wave of 'more violent' hate crimes”

1) Jack, where is your evidence that this ‘ body of religious people who have always thought the laws don't apply to them.’ You’re just repeating the same drivel that deBlasio and other Anti-semites like him spew. You make no mention of other religious groups. You make no mention of the BLM protests. You simply single out one group for derision. Overly simplistic conclusions based on univariate “analysis” are based in ideology, not on what can be proven. You then go on to claim, without evidence and as if it matters at all, that they are largest groups of Democrats in the state, and so on and so forth - yawn. You DO realize that COVID can get anyone, right?

2) blowinblackboogers – Nice way to paint a target on people who are different than you. Well done!

Tablet Magazine, July 2019 [Jew-hatred in New York] noted " the victims are most often outwardly identifiable, i.e., religious rather than secularized Jews...."

The middle of October and already the first “snowflake” flies.

The FBI - Is this the same FBI that sits on Hunter Biden’s computer back in December of 2019 with evidence of Joe Biden’s corruption while a President gets impeached for questioning such corruption, gets a FISA warrant based on the phony Steele Dossier and whose director says Antifa is an ideology, not an organization?

The NY Times - Denied the Holocaust for years.

Washington Post - Biased garbage.

NBC News - Home of Brian Williams.
And so on and so forth.

No target painted on anyone. That’s how “people like you” (without a sense of humor) think.

Really I think the orthodox jews display much more about what it means to be a man and an American by cutting the locks off they’re kids playground and bucking the anti constitutional restrictions imposed by DeBlasio and Cuomo than many of the fearful, thumb sucking basement crawlers on this forum. 

So no, I’m not just poking fun at how different the orthodox jews look, I’m positive you’re a goofy looking son of a b!tch too!

I shouldn’t reply, but I can’t stop myself.

You might be surprised that my thinking is probably not all the different than yours with the obvious exception of not being anti-semitic in what I write. Or in what I say.

Question – doesn’t your post equally reveal that you are as much of snowflake as I supposedly am? Or maybe it’s that neither of us is a snowflake ….

Yep … some of the FBI stuff looks bad, but not all agents are bad.

Yep … a lot of what the NY Times posts is bad, but not all of it.

Yep … the Washington Post is biased, but sometimes gets the story right.

Yep … for the most part NBC news is unreliable, but don’t most other media outlets do the same?

Why throw the baby out with the bathwater, so to speak? [We, Americans, would ALL do well, to increase the size of our echo chambers, maybe we wouldn’t be so divided.]

You couldn’t possibly know whether I have a sense of humor or not. I do. And it was triggered by you writing that I don’t. I just don’t think making fun of people who are different is funny. If that make me humorless, … guilty as charged, I guess.

If you really think what you claim to think, why the crack about how they look? I could post the headlines of a few articles demonstrating the same actions by other groups of people around the country, but judging from your disdain (which I basically agree with) for the MSM, you are likely to dismiss those examples.

Oh, you’re not JUST poking fun at how they look (but you are poking fun, right? And this is funny to you?) you’re poking fun at me!

THAT is hilarious! I confess to looking pretty goofy, so you got me there.

The whole point of my posts is … given the history of injustice and persecution Jews have faced through out history, when you single them out, while ignoring the many other groups of people doing the exact same thing the Jews are doing, it’s anti-semitic. Calling me names and directing your angst at me doesn’t change that.

• Like 2