2 minutes ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

In other news, Timmy Peters finished 7th in Friesen’s 52 Truck today at Kansas.

Very good run.

40 minutes ago, macho said:

I read he was taking a provisional.

Probably better off, but he could easily qualify. Aren't they taking 6 cars from each?

7 minutes ago, Jack Brady said:

Probably better off, but he could easily qualify. Aren't they taking 6 cars from each?

Yes, 6 out of each of the Consi's

Wouldn't shock me if he ended up taking at least a couple of laps in the B-Main just to shake things down again after the earlier warm up session. 

Don't know about Stew, but DAMN!!!! Did Jessica put on a show or what? Did Stew say something to get her mad or something? I personally have never seen her drive like that in a modified. She is typically a bottom feeder when I've seen her race. But she was passing top bottom middle.  For a minute I thought Stew had jumped in the car for her.

Hats off to her, she didn't qualify but she put on a great show in that B-Main.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Jack Brady said:

Don't know about Stew, but DAMN!!!! Did Jessica put on a show or what? Did Stew say something to get her mad or something? I personally have never seen her drive like that in a modified. She is typically a bottom feeder when I've seen her race. But she was passing top bottom middle.  For a minute I thought Stew had jumped in the car for her.

Hats off to her, she didn't qualify but she put on a great show in that B-Main.

Apparently you’ve never seen her run on the regular. She’s as aggressive as anyone and a force to be dealt with. Sometimes your setup is off and things don’t go your way....period.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Stew 39th to 6th in 50 laps.

Yes and used 360 motor with 200 lb weight break ? .....Because easy on tires with less power he pitted lap 87 and took tires  and did not take tires at at half resulting in restarting ahead of top runners then as track probably slicked up he almost won it .....Smart thinking ......Williamson running Clements power outa South Carolina ( late models ) ......Hard to beat big money and big tech ......Same top 3  finish as OC $100k last year ....

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, leroy said:

One thing about Stew he leaves nothing on the table.   Bounced off the walls several times  during those last dozen to twenty er so laps

He didn't give up the truck race for nothing...he wanted that $53K. 

Gave it everything he had, that's for sure. He was a treat watching come through the field from 39th to sixth in 50 laps. 

Originally his pit strategy looked brilliant, but being he was up to 4th and basically the whole field pitted at half, the extra 10-12 laps on tires proved to be the difference and he didn’t gain a ton of track position on the good guys. I was amazed at the restart that Mat made the pass. My only guess at the time was the bottom of 1/2 maybe started to rubber....Williamson was super strong there and stew hadn’t been using the bottom. Good drivers will see that under yellow, none the less Stew blasted it into one and missed the bottom anyways and gift wrapped it for Williamson. Idk if he could have held him off either way but that was never going to work. Great race/minus the red. Glad billy was ok, it was scary. 

That was one of the best 200 lap races I have ever seen. Great racing the whole show. But man that Pauch Jr. crash made the hairs on the back of my neck stand straight up. Even at slow motion it look bad, can't imagine what the people who saw it live thought. That was a very mean hit.

I really thought Perrego was going to have it, but Williams and Behrent just have a great combination. Since Jeff Behrent built the first car a few years ago they have been running those motors. I heard Harry put the deal together for the engine. And when you have the head of Bicknell's son driving the car, and Harry and Jeff's experience. Just a ruthless combination. This guy can drive a race car and he understands them inside and out.

Did anyone notice in the first 100 laps Alan Johnson's charge to front? I think he was up to six at half way. But whatever they changed in the pits just didn't work. Seemed like he was sitting outside the top 10 the rest of the race. I was actually getting excited to see if he was going to make a charge back to the front. But never happened.

Also how long did it take Matt Sheppard to get to the top 6 after he spun out? The cautions after his spin must of really helped him because for someone who would of had to go to the back, seems like it took very very few laps to pass 20+ cars compared to Stew's charge in the first hundred laps. Because didn't they put a bunch of cars back on the lead lap during the break? It definitely sucks when your not there to watch in person. But I think DTD did a pretty damn good job.

• Like 1

I didn't realize Alan had climbed that much. I knew he was running well in the first 100 like you sad and then yeah, complete non-factor the rest of the way.

Agreed on the DTD coverage...I thought they did an excellent job. $40 was a lot of money to spend on one race, but given the specialty of 53K to win and 200 laps...I was happy with my purchase and I'll still pick and choose an event here and there next year to support DTD.tv.

But, I'll most likely use up most of my budget having FASTPass monthly subscription, especially now that the SDS will on there.

$35 at the gate for general admission, $40 for reserved and you didn't have to stand in the endless line at the bathroom or freeze to death. You got a better deal. Plus Mallett had to keep the food vendors going so the extra money was for a good cause. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jack Brady said:

Did anyone notice in the first 100 laps Alan Johnson's charge to front? I think he was up to six at half way. But whatever they changed in the pits just didn't work. Seemed like he was sitting outside the top 10 the rest of the race. I was actually getting excited to see if he was going to make a charge back to the front. But never happened.

According to his post on the fan page, it was a change of tire compound that didn't end up working.