I've heard about 2 or 3 different ages for young Tanner Van Doren 12 to 14. But the other night Lazzaro interviewed him and she asked if he had his license to driver yet. And he said no, I have a long time before I get that, like six years. 

Could he really be only 10 years old?

9 minutes ago, Jack Brady said:

I've heard about 2 or 3 different ages for young Tanner Van Doren 12 to 14. But the other night Lazzaro interviewed him and she asked if he had his license to driver yet. And he said no, I have a long time before I get that, like six years. 

Could he really be only 10 years old?

Tanner Van Doren didn’t race like a rookie en route to the Short Track Super Series Crate 602 Sportsman South win at Delaware International Speedway in Delmar. He led from green to checker, holding off several challenges from previous champion Scott Hitchens. He also didn’t appear to be a 12-year-old until you saw him emerge from the car in victory lane.

Everything you stated is fact, just doesn't answer my question. Can't deny the kid can  drive. Watching him now and  he has backed off while the other guys pound on each other for the lead. I'm expecting him to come back on the end.

But is it possible that he is only 10 years old?

Tanner is 12 years old.  He was very impressive all weekend at Port Royal. I had a chance to talk to him for a bit, he is wise beyond his years and very humble despite his age and early success. It’ll be fun to watch him climb the ranks. 

• Like 1