Jump to content



Recommended Posts

Because it's just a 2017 design, its had multiple front and rear clips put on over the years and I'm sure other changes. Brandon is a great driver, but that is the Rocket House car and it has Richard's brain turning on it every day. Originally if you remember Kid Rocket left the house car originally because he was moving up to NASCAR. Which didn't work out for one reason or another. When he came back Brandon was in the car, his dad was putting money in to it and they basically kept going where Kid Rocket left off and that was dominating WoO. Josh you would know more about that if it's true or not. But I thought that was the reason Fuller didn't get the ride. 

But one thing I'm sure of is Owens races much tougher competition each night then what Sheppard does. If Sheppard raced with Lucas Oil Late Models for the season he would be a contender for the championship no doubt. But it definitely wouldn't be guaranteed or be dominant like in WoO.  

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

is not that what the SDS and STTS is?    Besides who gets to decide which teams are 'professional'?   or not?? And as a track owner, are you going to tell Sheppard,  Friesen or whomever they

People who play the money card don’t understand how this stuff works anymore. Nearly every car in attendance these days has the best equipment you can get. The only difference is the teams with more m

I disagree. You’re only as good as the people you race with. The only way to improve your program and get on those guys level is to race with them and beat them. The best thing that ever happened to m

19 hours ago, Jack Brady said:

Because it's just a 2017 design, its had multiple front and rear clips put on over the years and I'm sure other changes. Brandon is a great driver, but that is the Rocket House car and it has Richard's brain turning on it every day. Originally if you remember Kid Rocket left the house car originally because he was moving up to NASCAR. Which didn't work out for one reason or another. When he came back Brandon was in the car, his dad was putting money in to it and they basically kept going where Kid Rocket left off and that was dominating WoO. Josh you would know more about that if it's true or not. But I thought that was the reason Fuller didn't get the ride. 

But one thing I'm sure of is Owens races much tougher competition each night then what Sheppard does. If Sheppard raced with Lucas Oil Late Models for the season he would be a contender for the championship no doubt. But it definitely wouldn't be guaranteed or be dominant like in WoO.  

Brandon did bring Valvoline with him. That was a factor. Fuller wasn’t ever going to last in the car though. That whole deal was Mark doing what he could to keep a guy on tour, because Fuller was struggling to keep on tour pretty hardcore that year. 

The frame itself has never been clipped, they just weld the cracks. It does get new components every so often and new body panels if they have even the slightest scuff on em. Brandon absolutely loves the feel they have in that particular car, so that’s why keep using it. 

People always see these pics of the blue shop and see six cars and assume they’re all new and they cycle through them. They only ever really use two cars, the aforementioned 2017, and whichever brand new to that year car they have that year ( they only get one new one a year) The new car gets set up for speedweeks and generally runs the only laps it’s gonna run all year during speed weeks and then becomes the backup car in the hauler and is generally sold after every year. There are at least 5 ex-house cars running crates around my way. Another car is an R&D car with data acquisition that they use to improve the Rocket product in general. Another one is basically a show car. The other cars aren’t anywhere near ready to go,  it could be put together in a day or two in an emergency. 
 

If he’s not going to dominate Lucas the same way, then why does he leave Florida with the orange spoiler every year? Why is he the third leading winner on tour, despite running not even 1/4 of the races? 

This idea that the Lucas tour is this immensely better tour should have been thrown out the window when Josh Richards left the house car and won the Lucas title  in an unfamiliar car his very first year on tour. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I take your word for everything you just said about Brandon and the Rocket cars. You' definitely have been following Late Model racing closer and longer then I have. I liked to watch them when I was a kid in the  late 70s and early 80s when we would go up north. The in the 90s I followed Hav-a-Tampa Late Model results. I didn't get in to late models big till WRG created the WoO and then Timmy and Vic, then Billy Decker and Tim Fuller started racing more. I really thought Billy and Fuller were going to really move up to the series full time. Fuller had a lot of great runs from the back. Billy I thought was consistent I saw him get a bunch of top 10s. Vic could run with the regulars but a lot depended on where he started.

Ok now back to Sheppard.

How many different winners did WoO Late Models have? How many did Lucas Oil Late Models have? That is why Sheppard would not be as dominant. And Tim McCreadie was right next to him in points when they left Florida and Timmy was leading the points at one point before the series was shut down. I really think Timmy would of had even more wins if they didn't shut down and he came back to New York while Owens and Sheppard and other's traveled where ever they could to keep racing. But I say again, Sheppard would not dominate Lucas like he does the Outlaws. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.. lol

If you noticed I didn't say he wouldn't win the title. I'm not a total idiot. ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jack Brady said:

I take your word for everything you just said about Brandon and the Rocket cars. You' definitely have been following Late Model racing closer and longer then I have. I liked to watch them when I was a kid in the  late 70s and early 80s when we would go up north. The in the 90s I followed Hav-a-Tampa Late Model results. I didn't get in to late models big till WRG created the WoO and then Timmy and Vic, then Billy Decker and Tim Fuller started racing more. I really thought Billy and Fuller were going to really move up to the series full time. Fuller had a lot of great runs from the back. Billy I thought was consistent I saw him get a bunch of top 10s. Vic could run with the regulars but a lot depended on where he started.

Ok now back to Sheppard.

How many different winners did WoO Late Models have? How many did Lucas Oil Late Models have? That is why Sheppard would not be as dominant. And Tim McCreadie was right next to him in points when they left Florida and Timmy was leading the points at one point before the series was shut down. I really think Timmy would of had even more wins if they didnG't shut down and he came back to New York while Owens and Sheppard and other's traveled where ever they could to keep racing. But I say again, Sheppard would not dominate Lucas like he does the Outlaws. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.. lol

If you noticed I didn't say he wouldn't win the title. I'm not a total idiot. ;)

Give it up buddy, Josh is by far the most knowledgeable late model poster on this forum by far. Sheppard would easily dominate the lucas tour just like he does the WOO

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps I read this out of context....but the Rocket house car had Valvoline (with Josh Richards driving) before Sheppard ever got there.   

Interesting info about the Rocket house cars on this thread. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Ric said:

Perhaps I read this out of context....but the Rocket house car had Valvoline (with Josh Richards driving) before Sheppard ever got there.   

Interesting info about the Rocket house cars on this thread. 

 

It wasn’t on the car until Sheppard’s first tilt in the car. He’s been in it three different times now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2020 at 6:31 PM, scottnorwood said:

Are you counting hot laps? I came up with 21,216 laps counting hot laps.

There are some videos on Facebook where they interview Mark Richards and the crew chief for the 1 car.  They really do know exactly how many laps are on each of their cars.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ferg3298 said:

Give it up buddy, Josh is by far the most knowledgeable late model poster on this forum by far. Sheppard would easily dominate the lucas tour just like he does the WOO

Come on... 

Would he be an instant contender for a championship, absolutely... But to say he would "easily dominate the lucas tour" is kind of crazy. 

I'd argue that any of the top 4 on the Lucas Tour (Owens, McCreadie, Davenport & Richards) would have just as much success on the WoO if they traded places with Sheppard.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Josh Bayko said:

It wasn’t on the car until Sheppard’s first tilt in the car. He’s been in it three different times now. 

Thanks for the info.  I wish I could find more older info and stats on B Shep.   Heck, I didn't know until a few days ago that he ran his own #5 a few times this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, FondaFan16 said:

Come on... 

Would he be an instant contender for a championship, absolutely... But to say he would "easily dominate the lucas tour" is kind of crazy. 

I'd argue that any of the top 4 on the Lucas Tour (Owens, McCreadie, Davenport & Richards) would have just as much success on the WoO if they traded places with Sheppard.

Davenport has fallen off a rock this year. Rumor has it he might be moving on again. 

McCreadie and Richards have already won WoO titles before they decided to switch tours. 

Owens has flirted with switching tours the last couple years. Would be seriously interesting to see him and Sheppard to go head to head for a season. I don’t doubt that if Jimmy and Brandon switched tours that they’d both dominate the other tour. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ric said:

Thanks for the info.  I wish I could find more older info and stats on B Shep.   Heck, I didn't know until a few days ago that he ran his own #5 a few times this year.

He won 9 of the 15 races he ran in his grandpa’s car this season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Josh Bayko said:

Davenport has fallen off a rock this year. Rumor has it he might be moving on again. 

McCreadie and Richards have already won WoO titles before they decided to switch tours. 

Owens has flirted with switching tours the last couple years. Would be seriously interesting to see him and Sheppard to go head to head for a season. I don’t doubt that if Jimmy and Brandon switched tours that they’d both dominate the other tour. 

I'd love to see Owens run the WoO Tour for a year and as you said go head to head with Sheppard. I'd love to see McCreadie run the WoO Tour again at some point.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

I'd love to see Owens run the WoO Tour for a year and as you said go head to head with Sheppard. I'd love to see McCreadie run the WoO Tour again at some point.  

The head to head stats with Jimmy and Brandon on the few races they actually run together every year are pretty even. Brandon is slightly ahead, but it’s very slight. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FondaFan16 said:

There are some videos on Facebook where they interview Mark Richards and the crew chief for the 1 car.  They really do know exactly how many laps are on each of their cars.  

I don't find that part surprising since I do the same on my race cars. What I find amazing is that Josh knows the lap count.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Josh Bayko said:

Davenport has fallen off a rock this year. Rumor has it he might be moving on again. 

Hadn't heard about him moving on, that would be interesting.  I always thought even though McCreadie was more of the Longhorn house car, that Davenport's team had a lot more overall funding so I'm not sure where he could go that would have the same resources, unless he was going to start racing for his own team again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, FondaFan16 said:

Hadn't heard about him moving on, that would be interesting.  I always thought even though McCreadie was more of the Longhorn house car, that Davenport's team had a lot more overall funding so I'm not sure where he could go that would have the same resources, unless he was going to start racing for his own team again. 

Up until this year Davenport did have more overall funding. Now that Timmy is with this new team he is very well funded. Probably as good as anyone in Late Model racing. 

3 hours ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

I'd love to see Owens run the WoO Tour for a year and as you said go head to head with Sheppard. I'd love to see McCreadie run the WoO Tour again at some point.  

You can't take anything away from Brandon's ability he is an amazing driver, but how many of those wins would he still have if he was driving for someone else and not the Rocket house car? Kid Rocket was ridiculous in his dad's car. And when Brandon got in it he excelled in the car even further. But since Josh has been in other cars, he has been a contender but no where near the dominant driver he was in the Rocket 1. Brandon is one of the best drivers to ever get in a Late Model no doubt. But he is easily on the best team of all time. I think you can put almost any great driver in that Rocket 1 and they will also be dominant. (depending on team chemistry of course).

But I will also admit, for a long time I wasn't much of a Sheppard fan. A lot had to do with me being up set that Fuller didn't get to keep the ride. I seriously think Fuller would of become a championship caliber driver with that team. But obviously not like Brandon did. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, FondaFan16 said:

Hadn't heard about him moving on, that would be interesting.  I always thought even though McCreadie was more of the Longhorn house car, that Davenport's team had a lot more overall funding so I'm not sure where he could go that would have the same resources, unless he was going to start racing for his own team again. 

McCreadie is the official house car, and has been for a few years now. Before  T-Mac, the official house car was Justin Labonte. Davenport was never the official house car driver. 
 

McCreadie’s current team owned by Donald Bradsher has substantial resources. It’s probably not quite as big budget as the  Landers team, but they’re certainly not hurting for anything. The big difference, in my opinion, is that Kevin Rumley shifted from Landers to the House car two years ago. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ferg3298 said:

Give it up buddy, Josh is by far the most knowledgeable late model poster on this forum by far. Sheppard would easily dominate the lucas tour just like he does the WOO

1. I think I stated that Josh was more knowledgeable then me. But what we disagree on is more opinion. If you noticed I accepted his facts. I don't ever feel the need to fact check him. 

2. You are so wrong. But again this is just my opinion against yours's. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

MEGA MONEY MAT🏁💰🇨🇦
CONGRATULATIONS ON HIS VICTORY at EASTERN STATES 200 FROM ALL 3 of his HOME NIAGARA TRACKS: RANSOMVILLE, MERRITTVILLE & HUMBERSTONE!  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fran said:

MEGA MONEY MAT🏁💰🇨🇦
CONGRATULATIONS ON HIS VICTORY at EASTERN STATES 200 FROM ALL 3 of his HOME NIAGARA TRACKS: RANSOMVILLE, MERRITTVILLE & HUMBERSTONE!  

After seeing Matt quite often in Cornwall this year, I can tell ya this guy is the real deal.And I've never seen a guy help so many guys in the pits, well deserved.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

If big money is on the line lately, it’s just best to put Mat Williamson’s name on the check.

Man that Behrent’s 3 car is something else lately.

He just flat out is hooked  up better on slick ......  MS was fasted on track first half and  passed SF to get lap back but was to many laps down. And I don't get that deal ? They counted his laps under caution on pit road  but didn't count at least 50 laps in other caution periods  WTH was that ?.... Is there anyone in USA out of 328 million people  that can build a dominate chassis  to win in DIRT style mods ? These guys are kicking USA asses  Troyer , Teo , HIG , DKM   what the hell are you doing ?  Great people north of the border but this is a disgrace  to team USA......

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

All other modified teams should move down to sportsman. Absolutely no way that any of them have the money or resources to compete with the limited schedule super team. 
 

Congrats Mat & team!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.
















×
×
  • Create New...