Anybody remember  all the complaints last year at Oswego for the 200 on the number of caution flag laps ?

SDS officials said they tried the procedure of only counting the first 3 laps but they failed at that because they never opened pit row until those 3 laps were run , it was a disaster and the SDS boys excuse was it took that long to sort out the cars.

Interestingly enough last night at Port Royal they also used the 3 lap rule and there was no problem what so ever opening pit road right away .

Hat's off to Mr. Deyo , hoping the SDS boys can learn from you .

That was nuts last night.   Guys came in whenever and wherever.  Stayed in the pits for Laps at a time and never lost position.  Then if someone else decides to do it while other cars were in there already.?  Even more laps went off.   Complete shtt show .  people piled on top of each other 

multiple caution laps on top of other cautions because another team sees a car in there  they come the next lap   And so on    .  So now waiting 3 laps turn into 5? 9?   All depends what lap another team hits the road  , how many more laps the same yellow gets extended    .  Wtf

if anything there should at least be a rule where you actually need to have a flat

The racing that actually went off on track was great.   Two three wide.  Guys splitting the middle.   Multi groove 👍  Possibly the best surface I have seen modifieds race on

Must be a matter of perspective , your calling it a shtt show and I thought it was run very well . It was not perfect but very well run considering they put the event together in just a few weeks. I am sure improvements will be implemented if they do this again. No complaints from me , loved it !

• Like 1

Great place, great racing. The pit "road," was certainly a cluster fnck! I think they'll look at it and change a few things before next year. Imo they need to limit the number of people with each car to 5. There were literally people sitting in chairs on pit rd while guys were trying to stop. Just need a bit more space and a bit less confusion and it would be fine.  

Next year it will probably be back at Fonda?  That is part of the reason I did the ride yesterday.  Port Royal is a great facility.  Awesome racing.  
I was 50/50 on going hunting.   But lots of days left for that. 

Like I said . The racin on the track was great.

but I never have been a fan of deliberately causing a yellow or yellows

to each their own

Funny how the Lucas Late Models run a 100 lap, all green flag lap race. Cautions do not count.extra distance races maybe run 70% of the race under green in most cases with mods.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Rangers94 said:

Funny how the Lucas Late Models run a 100 lap, all green flag lap race. Cautions do not count.extra distance races maybe run 70% of the race under green in most cases with mods.

I owned a 94 Ford Ranger. Great little truck. How many did you own?

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, leroy said:

Next year it will probably be back at Fonda?  That is part of the reason I did the ride yesterday.  Port Royal is a great facility.  Awesome racing.  
I was 50/50 on going hunting.   But lots of days left for that. 

Like I said . The racin on the track was great.

but I never have been a fan of deliberately causing a yellow or yellows

to each their own

The race is staying at Port Royal. At least this 1 is. Plans are already in the works for next yr. I'm sure Fonda will still have a big race though. 

27 minutes ago, robracer said:

The race is staying at Port Royal. At least this 1 is. Plans are already in the works for next yr. I'm sure Fonda will still have a big race though. 

They did announce the over the PA last night that the March STSS race is back on again for 2021

I just kind of figured the 200 would go back to Fonda?  if fans allowed back in 2021?

we shall see I guess

12 minutes ago, leroy said:

I just kind of figured the 200 would go back to Fonda?

How long will Brett Deyo be at Fonda?

• Like 1
14 hours ago, jumper12a said:

How long will Brett Deyo be at Fonda?

If I could predict the future I would be a billionaire. 😊

The deal between Brett and the fair board was for 2019-2021 seasons when it got signed.   I suppose one side or the other might not be happy ?  Hard tellin not knowin 

You really have to throw this season out the window. It's impossible to gauge anything with how it went. 

Hope to see it back for 2021 robracer. Tracks good for the mods. Fast and racy. 

10 minutes ago, westracing01 said:

You really have to throw this season out the window. It's impossible to gauge anything with how it went. 

Hope to see it back for 2021 robracer. Tracks good for the mods. Fast and racy. 

For sure. It certainly doesn't race like a half mile. We loved our entire time there.  

3 hours ago, leroy said:

If I could predict the future I would be a billionaire. 😊

The deal between Brett and the fair board was for 2019-2021 seasons when it got signed.   I suppose one side or the other might not be happy ?  Hard tellin not knowin 

I’ll predict a new promoter in 2022.

21 hours ago, Rangers94 said:

And the Lucas Late Model race sucked. Before half way the track took rubber on the bottom and locked down.

• Like 1
On 10/18/2020 at 5:54 PM, robracer said:

I highly doubt this race returns IF Fonda Speedway is open for fans, the announcement made was that the STSS was returning in March to Port Royal.

1 hour ago, Harry Meeks said:

I highly doubt this race returns IF Fonda Speedway is open for fans, the announcement made was that the STSS was returning in March to Port Royal.

Yes, we heard the announcement. I'm going from what STSS posted on their website that plans are already in the works for the Speed Showcase to return to Port Royal next yr.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

I wouldnt be surprised to see Deyo work his magic and have 2 big races in the fall.... one at each track. Plus the big one at Afton. He knows what he's doing.

That would be great, but it will make an already busy Fall schedule more saturated. Everyone will be scheduling against each other dividing up the fields between tracks. There are only so many weekends in the Fall to schedule. Maybe try Spring time instead for this race weekend ?  

25 minutes ago, jodyr said:

That would be great, but it will make an already busy Fall schedule more saturated. Everyone will be scheduling against each other dividing up the fields between tracks. There are only so many weekends in the Fall to schedule. Maybe try Spring time instead for this race weekend ?  

That would make sense to me.  If I have to pick and choose. I am still going to choose Port Royal.

I do wonder if Oswego had raced?.  Would Port Royal still of had 64 mods register?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, jodyr said:

Big race in Spring would be great. Have a couple Big ones!

• Like 1