Kyle Larson is reinstated to NASCAR starting Jan1 2021 so thats that.  YUNG MONEY is again wanted in NASCAR.  Makes me laugh considering they are going to put Cup Cars on Dirt at Bristol.  How dumb is that??  Cup Cars are either going to be so slow they cant get out of their own way and crash, or they are just not going to be able to turn due to lack of HP and crash.  So lets bring the best this Country has to offer in Dirt Racing (LARSON) and that may make a better show.

My God NASCAR is really reaching now, how much more desperate can they get.  The DIRT RACE is all FOX SPORTS pushing NASCAR to do this and NASCAR has no idea how its going to work at Bristol

• Confused 1
46 minutes ago, NODOORS said:

Kyle Larson is reinstated to NASCAR starting Jan1 2021 so thats that.  YUNG MONEY is again wanted in NASCAR.  Makes me laugh considering they are going to put Cup Cars on Dirt at Bristol.  How dumb is that??  Cup Cars are either going to be so slow they cant get out of their own way and crash, or they are just not going to be able to turn due to lack of HP and crash.  So lets bring the best this Country has to offer in Dirt Racing (LARSON) and that may make a better show.

My God NASCAR is really reaching now, how much more desperate can they get.  The DIRT RACE is all FOX SPORTS pushing NASCAR to do this and NASCAR has no idea how its going to work at Bristol

Nobody has any idea how it will go. Could be great,could suck balls. 

5 minutes ago, Mike Coleates said:

Nobody has any idea how it will go. Could be great,could suck balls. 

Its going to suck CUp Cars do not have the HP to Drive Dirt.  It is going to be a total crash fest 

3 hours ago, NODOORS said:

Its going to suck CUp Cars do not have the HP to Drive Dirt.  It is going to be a total crash fest 

If you say so lol! I can’t wait to see the first Cup race on dirt since 1970, the year I was born. Already got my tickets ordered, it’s gonna be fun.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, NODOORS said:

Thank you Debbie Downer!  Honestly, I think it will be an awesome show.  If nothing else.....interesting.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, NODOORS said:

CUp Cars do not have the HP to Drive Dirt

They’re using the 750 HP engine on dirt. I’m not sure HP in the Cup short track package will be the issue.

Weight, tire, and aero will lower speeds compared with the dirt headliner divisions, but still, I think it will be a fun show to check out.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Pinesol said:

Larson = Sellout. He's probably good for a couple wins next year, if that.

Sellout for moving back up to the top level of racing in the U.S were he raced at  the start of the year?

that comment sounds about as dumb as the original post

• Like 4

Larson a Sellout?  He's going to be in cup but will still do dirt races, just like he did before he said the N word.  

Bristol with dirt stupid because cars will be slow?  Yes, compared to sprint cars they'll be slow, I still believe the show will be entertaining though.  I'd like to see someone approach Friesen with a quality ride.  

• Like 2

For those that care, Stewart Haas just signed Chase Briscoe to drive the SHR 14 car. One less ride available for Larson. Perhaps the Hendrick 5 car is still the best bet for him? 

1 hour ago, jsw14886 said:

For those that care, Stewart Haas just signed Chase Briscoe to drive the SHR 14 car. One less ride available for Larson. Perhaps the Hendrick 5 car is still the best bet for him? 

Looking like one of the few options left, I think he’s down to a 4th hendrick car, the 32 or the 96 as Jones appears headed to the 43. Maybe Larson does a year in xfinity 

Just a couple of thoughts...

I'm not sure what speed has to do with the excitement level in racing. Street Stocks just about anywhere are often the slowest cars on the card and almost always produce entertaining races. Maybe not so much this year, but last year at Dundee and the 2 or 3 years prior, the 4 Cylinders were sometimes the best show of the night.

Do we think guys like Kenny Schrader, Jeff Gordon and Carl Edwards might try to be a part of this history?

Are they racing a traditional Cup car? Or are they going to allow dirt late model chassis with Cup bodywork?

Windshield or no windshield?

• Like 2

Hopefully nascar pushes for teams to field extra cars, so that it’s easier to try and persuade Edwards, Gordon, Stewart  etc to come out of retirement and try it. I also hope they let the teams do whatever to the cars, give them height and weight requirements much like a traditional dirt race and allow the smart guys to build dirt cars out of a cup car. If they keep them in the current box then it will be nothing more than a gimmick.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, BobMiller said:

Just a couple of thoughts...

I'm not sure what speed has to do with the excitement level in racing. Street Stocks just about anywhere are often the slowest cars on the card and almost always produce entertaining races. Maybe not so much this year, but last year at Dundee and the 2 or 3 years prior, the 4 Cylinders were sometimes the best show of the night.

Do we think guys like Kenny Schrader, Jeff Gordon and Carl Edwards might try to be a part of this history?

Are they racing a traditional Cup car? Or are they going to allow dirt late model chassis with Cup bodywork?

Windshield or no windshield?

I'd be shocked if no windshield.  The trucks use them at Eldora (and I always enjoy the in car shot of the contraptions the guys have to wipe the insides down with).  I think Bristol is longer distance than Eldora will be, but I can't see them not using a windshield. 

Personally, I'm more excited to see what other divisions will get the opportunity to run on it while it's laid down.  I hope the Cup cars will be entertaining and will certainly watch, but I'd rather see Lucas LM rip around it. 

5 hours ago, jwin said:

Personally, I'm more excited to see what other divisions will get the opportunity to run on it while it's laid down.  I hope the Cup cars will be entertaining and will certainly watch, but I'd rather see Lucas LM rip around it. 

I think there is no way they would allow Lucas LM because they would be so much faster than the cup cars. 

21 minutes ago, Darrell Welty said:

I think there is no way they would allow Lucas LM because they would be so much faster than the cup cars. 

I am with you Darrell. I don't think NASCAR will add any class to the program that will make the cup cars look slow.

15 hours ago, rpm72x said:

Hopefully nascar pushes for teams to field extra cars, so that it’s easier to try and persuade Edwards, Gordon, Stewart  etc to come out of retirement and try it. I also hope they let the teams do whatever to the cars, give them height and weight requirements much like a traditional dirt race and allow the smart guys to build dirt cars out of a cup car. If they keep them in the current box then it will be nothing more than a gimmick.

NASCAR is trying hard to keep cost down for teams so I can’t imagine them letting these teams do a ton of stuff that will increase the cost for this race.

edwards has said he can’t go to the track or really be involved because it will make him wanna come back so I don’t think we’ll see him for one race

8 hours ago, BobMiller said:

I am with you Darrell. I don't think NASCAR will add any class to the program that will make the cup cars look slow.

I don’t think Bristol would add them because that’s an extra series that will just tear the track up. I don’t think nascar cares how slow or fast the cars look given they talk with Indy car about double headers and slowed the cup and xfinity cars down a ton on the 1.5 mile tracks

Original poster makes it seem like just because they let Larson back in and he has been outstanding on dirt that they decided to do dirt?  Whether it turns out to be a good show or not, it's something different. Could just stay with the follow the leader only action is on pit road cookie cutter tracks.

2 hours ago, PatsJags14 said:

NASCAR is trying hard to keep cost down for teams so I can’t imagine them letting these teams do a ton of stuff that will increase the cost for this race.

edwards has said he can’t go to the track or really be involved because it will make him wanna come back so I don’t think we’ll see him for one race

NASCAR is ruining itself with trying to keep the cost down, innovation and racing go hand in hand, they no longer allow it. If they put the over regulated, over engineered, over aero dependent, under powered cup cars on dirt without allowing them to go outside the box, it will be a horrible race. They may not care how fast they are going, but if the highest level if American racing look like 4 cylinders bouncing around on a dirt track it’s not good for them or dirt racing. They can lie with the fake speedometer on the side of the TV screen, but most race fans know shit when they see it, hopefully it goes well but I’m skeptical. 

It's getting really hard to tell WWE and NASCAR a part these days.

Dont get your hopes up for Jeff Gordon to get back in the Cup car for Bristol. He might be in one of the cars in Tony Stewarts new series once or twice. 

Now Tony Stewart I can definitely see him try to qualify for the Bristol Dirt Race, and I'm sure a couple "ringers" will be brought in. But it will be a regular like possible Larson or Kyle Busch will win.

On 10/21/2020 at 10:34 AM, rpm72x said:

NASCAR is ruining itself with trying to keep the cost down, innovation and racing go hand in hand, they no longer allow it. If they put the over regulated, over engineered, over aero dependent, under powered cup cars on dirt without allowing them to go outside the box, it will be a horrible race. They may not care how fast they are going, but if the highest level if American racing look like 4 cylinders bouncing around on a dirt track it’s not good for them or dirt racing. They can lie with the fake speedometer on the side of the TV screen, but most race fans know shit when they see it, hopefully it goes well but I’m skeptical. 

Fans have been asking for a cup race on dirt for decades. NASCAR is giving it to them. I think/hope the majority Of fans know it will look more like the truck race then a WoO sprint car race 

• Like 2