I remember people really grilling OCFS earlier this season on their broadcast streaming. Has anyone purchased recently? has it gotten better? I'm getting cabin fever already on race season and was considering purchasing Saturday's event, but I also don't want to waste my time with a terrible product.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

wow.. John...  one homer calling another homer a homer...  

Seems there is absolutely no contact between the Race Director and the Video Production Director/Producer.  That was all just junk. I can honestly say that without a doubt, the video production people

Good thing Cuomo didnt cancel the race or I wouldnt be able to sit back and read all the bitching about it all. Lol.

Wow! I thought I was the only one experiencing this diifficulty. Seems like they have a problem on their biggest weekend of the year. Lots of races and nobody to watch it. Wow. Has this happened previously this year? 

I think they are still using Spectrum which has given them almost all their problems since they started streaming their events. It's also consistently rated one of the lowest Internet Service Providers. 

Double whammy since that's what I have...

So, on my computer, it's damn near flawless. If I try to play it from my phone to my TV, it's garbage. So I just dialed up an adapter at Best Buy so I can hook my work computer to my TV and play it that way.

10 minutes ago, racer80 said:

My experience this years has been this: If it's not streamed by DTDTV, then it's not worth the trouble

I purchased a couple of events from Land of Legends TV that went pretty well. I also had great luck with DirtVision. I did enjoy the handful of DTD.TV purchases I have made. Their pre-race coverage last week for the Speed Showcase 200 was outstanding as well as the video and feed from the actual race. Wish Mallett was calling the race, but ah well.

• Like 1

Giant Bummer.....makes me feel kinda bad for them cuz ya know they arent doing it on purpose. Lol. I havent ordered any events at all yet but from what I hear DTD is great and I know I've heard Land of Legends runs some pretty cool coverage with their setup and they interview drivers live right in the car after they have turned some laps.

Actually, as long as you're running it on a computer and not trying to cast to the TV from another device, OCFS stream is working pretty well. 

The director leaves a little to be desired and Pitts is over the top with his call, but the actual stream is not bad. 

I give OCFS a lot of grief because I don't like the place, but I will also call it fair and this is working pretty well now.

BB Time Trials going out now.

Once it started, it’s been perfectly fine on my end. Streaming through the Silk App on the Stick of Fire thing.

On a side note, Tims Pitts & the dude commentating next to him, are awful!!! Fonda is “The Land Of Legends”. Vic Coffey is in the 32c, Mike Perrotte is in the 35, Tim Spears Jr has made an appearance with the 62s. Hasn’t Pitts been announcing NE Modified racing for over 30 years???

🤦🏽‍♂️🤷🏽

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Pitts is trash and so is this other baffoon.

LOL. It's like amateur hour. Why does OCFS have this aura of having to be different? Like, it's a sickness out there where they just can't seem to do things that are proven and have to do it their way even when their way is clearly not optimal.

This whole broadcast would be hilarious if it weren't so sad. Whatever. They have my money and I'm being entertained one way or another.

• Like 2

This is borderline intolerable. They're coming to green, so they switch to the pit reporter for the interview with the previous heat winner. In doing this, they miss the first two laps of a live race... Every... Single... Heat.

The camera guy in the half covered stands can't find the front stretch to save his life.

I swear, for a place that makes noise about being professional and wanting bigger races, they've got a LONG way to go before they're in that conversation.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
Just now, westracing01 said:

This is borderline intolerable. They're coming to green, so they switch to the pit reporter for the interview with the previous heat winner. In doing this, they miss the first two laps of a live race... Every... Single... Heat.

That was horrible. Who cuts away from the green flag drop for every heat to interview a GD heat race winner.

By the time they returned to the races the field is all strung out and not one car passes in any heat while we watched.

And leaving the hot mike as we were waiting for the sportsman heats and the crew swearing about the graphics guy.

BTW you can take the sun filters off of the cameras after dark.

• Like 3