• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

wow.. John...  one homer calling another homer a homer...  

Seems there is absolutely no contact between the Race Director and the Video Production Director/Producer.  That was all just junk. I can honestly say that without a doubt, the video production people

Good thing Cuomo didnt cancel the race or I wouldnt be able to sit back and read all the bitching about it all. Lol.

I hope tomorrow’s production is better. That was the worst broadcast coverage I’ve ever bought. The constant changing of the camera views, majority of the coverage was from a stationary camera in the corner. It was horrible!!!

• Like 1

This whole scenario makes us appreciate more in what other opportunities we had this past season for watching streaming races at other tracks. There are a laundry list of things that we are used to seeing that were very good with other broadcasts that don't seem to be very good with this one. Once they got the startup issue fixed, the quality of the feed was good. That being said, I watched with great disdain the debacle of the time trials in the 358's and Modifieds. It seemed as though, other than announcing car numbers and names, the rest of it passed them by so they just gave up. Shame it would have been nice to have an actual synopsis of the times as they went. The positive to this is that it's half over. Hopefully one tends to learn from one's mistakes. 

Seems there is absolutely no contact between the Race Director and the Video Production Director/Producer.  That was all just junk. I can honestly say that without a doubt, the video production people have no clue how to produce a racing program. You tell they have no script, no organization, the camera guys have absolutely no idea what they are doing. I could grab 3 kids from the video club at a high school and make look like the damn Indy 500 compared to these morons. Larsen needs to fire these morons and never let them near the track again.

I know Chris wants to give people the best. And he has tried his hardest to do that, I really think that. I'm so happy for everything Chris has done and tried to do. But he has to cut his losses on these morons and connect with DTDtv or someone who has experience in racing. Just because you can point a camera at a kid's football game or your cousin's wedding doesn't mean you actually know anything about Racing Video Productions.

• Like 6

The sad part about this thread is that it is completely preventable. (SMH)

• Like 3

Given they've had both connection issues in the past and criticism of the broadcast direction, I'm surprised they didn't partner with DTD or even DirtVision (especially since they cancelled WoO Late Models this weekend, they could have used the equipment) and seen if there was a way to do PPV via DirtVision instead of including in the FastPass. 

Sometimes trying to keep the whole pie to yourself leads to less pie overall anyways... already a few folks in this thread passing on buying the PPV based on what they've read.  Like Bob said above, completely preventable. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Jack Brady said:

But he has to cut his losses on these morons and connect with DTDtv or someone who has experience in racing. 

We connected, but in the end could not come to an agreement between both parties.  It's business... it happens... 

• Like 3

I like your f book pic bob its cool. you gotta remember this place is not internet compatible,crappy old wires from 64 worlds far, army surplus gen for power, act they have now a modern gen i think,what do you expect i think mandee even mentioned,she cant upload stuff there forget the buffoons in charge,thats another issue lol

• Thanks 1
58 minutes ago, Uncle tom said:

Agree with Wheels Up...had every intention of buying tonight’s broadcast, but now am gonna pass as the issues and complaints seem to never end.

Worked god for few hrs then went blank for hr but it could be on my end I missed all BB heats with it freezing up and a few 358s heats but I had same issue watching regular shows on Sat nites ......Last week Port Royal was good and most all Deyo shows ....I bought both days but doubt  I will see features today without freezing up But I think part of issue is my end Very good track but not alot of passing .....BH knows what he is doing and  he will do all he can for good show today  When broadcasting works it is great and unreal job owner has done with that property 

30 minutes ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

What kind of shape was the track in yesterday? Was there any passing with drivers coming from the back?

The only time there is any passing at that place is when it rains just before the races start.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, zzz said:

I like your f book pic bob its cool.

Thanks. I've had a few people ask me to change it, but I won't until the executive powers are taken away and we return to life as we knew it in 2019.

as in any business you can have all the best equipment in the world. If you don't have good people to run it you're screwed... 

• Like 6

$40 for both days wasn't a bad deal. We'll see what we get today. If nothing else, laughing at it is like MST3K.

Track conditions were a solid meh. Despite Pitts and dingbat 2's optimism, it was dusty and virtually no passing unless you were Wight or Decker. The pole race had more passing, but not a lot. It was mostly Larry on the top and everyone else making mistakes and slipping up the track.

Stewie even said track is slick bottom to top and pretty even, just the top is a longer way around so the bottom was the ticket.

1 hour ago, westracing01 said:

$40 for both days wasn't a bad deal. We'll see what we get today. If nothing else, laughing at it is like MST3K.

Track conditions were a solid meh. Despite Pitts and dingbat 2's optimism, it was dusty and virtually no passing unless you were Wight or Decker. The pole race had more passing, but not a lot. It was mostly Larry on the top and everyone else making mistakes and slipping up the track.

Stewie even said track is slick bottom to top and pretty even, just the top is a longer way around so the bottom was the ticket.

The sad part is last week they knew they had a problem and reached out for help. Yet they chose to stay with what they had. This could have been so much better...

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, westracing01 said:

Yeah well, staying with what they had probably put more cash in their pocket. Short sighted for sure since they're losing out on more potential customers.

They’re losing this one after tonight is done. I won’t make this mistake again. $40 wasn’t a bad deal for the 2 days, which is why I purchased it. Had I known ahead of time that the production would be a -2 on the 1-10 scale, I may have thought twice. The track has historically sucked, and the 200 always sucks, so shame on me for thinking the PPV would be different. You live & you learn.

• Like 1

OCFS and Chris Larson really turned me off last year at the centennial race debacle.

After wrecking all those cars because they started the race in the rain they left us spectators hanging for over 2 hrs  with no communication if they were going to restart or wait until the next day .

Just watched Mandee's video from yesterday where she stated trying to find info for race lineups was like pulling teeth .

I really thought with Brett taking over , things were going to improve , doesn't sound like it . 

Glad I went to Port Royal last week for a well run awesome weekend .

• Like 1