The track has historically sucked, and the 200 always sucks

Absolutely untrue 100%. Their has been a long history of great races at OCFS and some very exciting 200's. Heotzler passing Hearn with only a few laps to go comes to mind. Last year there were some really good races. Believe it or not at one time it was common to see 3 wide racing at OCFS. They did have one decent ppv race earlier before the shut down. (race wise, not so much video production).

I admit the last few decades haven't been great for OCFS but I still think Chris and Brett can turn things around. I just want them to listen to us and get rid of the people doing the video production. And as for Pitts I think he is great at the actual job he is hired for. And that is announcing the races to the fans at the track.  Unfortunately that really doesn't automatically mean you can do TV commentating. I don't think he would be that bad if he had someone with experience doing tv to help him a long.  Maybe.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

wow.. John...  one homer calling another homer a homer...  

Seems there is absolutely no contact between the Race Director and the Video Production Director/Producer.  That was all just junk. I can honestly say that without a doubt, the video production people

Good thing Cuomo didnt cancel the race or I wouldnt be able to sit back and read all the bitching about it all. Lol.

The handful of times we took the racecar to OCFS, other than costing more money, nothing was different with Brett in charge.

OCFS blows. I have never liked the place and nothing I've seen the last few years has changed my mind. I basically bought this damn thing because my buddy wanted to watch it and now I'm not sure he's even coming over.

• Haha 1
23 hours ago, racer80 said:

My experience this years has been this: If it's not streamed by DTDTV, then it's not worth the trouble

You're missing some great stuff on FLO, which is streamed very well.

• Like 3

Lucas Racing TV was great this year too.

Wow... This has got to be the least professional, hokiest bunch of hillbilly horseshit commentary I think I've ever heard. Larson should be embarrassed his name is associated with this farce in any way.

Oh, and somehow the boobs directing this managed to miss a crash that literally involved 1/3 of the field and blocked the track.

Does Pitts suffer from multiple personalities? One minute he's talking normally, the next he switches to West Virginia hill folk mid sentence.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, westracing01 said:

Wow... This has got to be the least professional, hokiest bunch of hillbilly horseshit commentary I think I've ever heard. Larson should be embarrassed his name is associated with this farce in any way.

Oh, and somehow the boobs directing this managed to miss a crash that literally involved 1/3 of the field and blocked the track.

Does Pitts suffer from multiple personalities? One minute he's talking normally, the next he switches to West Virginia hill folk mid sentence.

Would you like some cheese with that whine Nancy?  

4 hours ago, Jack Brady said:

Absolutely untrue 100%. Their has been a long history of great races at OCFS and some very exciting 200's. Heotzler passing Hearn with only a few laps to go comes to mind. Last year there were some really good races. Believe it or not at one time it was common to see 3 wide racing at OCFS. They did have one decent ppv race earlier before the shut down. (race wise, not so much video production).

I admit the last few decades haven't been great for OCFS but I still think Chris and Brett can turn things around. I just want them to listen to us and get rid of the people doing the video production. And as for Pitts I think he is great at the actual job he is hired for. And that is announcing the races to the fans at the track.  Unfortunately that really doesn't automatically mean you can do TV commentating. I don't think he would be that bad if he had someone with experience doing tv to help him a long.  Maybe.

I disagree. I’ve been going to that dump since the late 80’s. It sucked then, and it still sucks today. As for Tims Pitts, there’s no helping him, he’s awful!

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, DaRooster said:

Would you like some cheese with that whine Nancy?  

That would be delightful Karen. Swiss if you please. It'll go nicely with the holes in the front stretch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Jack Brady said:

I admit the last few decades haven't been great for OCFS but I still think Chris and Brett can turn things around. 

Hearing rumors that half of that duo might be backing out.

29 minutes ago, farklek7 said:

I just watch it on mute with John Prine in the background...much better.

That’s exactly what I’ve been doing today. Muted while I watch Flo & DV!

55 minutes ago, farklek7 said:

I just watch it on mute with John Prine in the background...much better.

43 minutes ago, no rain said:

John Prine very good choice. To bad for COVID 

Wow! I'm not the only John Prine fan here. COOL!

19 minutes ago, no rain said:

Vodka Ginger ale 

When you're dead... 🤣

This may be the very first John Prine tune I ever heard at almost exactly the same time frame. Made me an immediate fan. Awful audio quality, but I like this version.

This is a typical boring ESW 200 tonight. I’ve seen better competition from the Aardvark chasing that dam Ant. He never could catch that little bastard!

Just now, Racerfan2003 said:

Running Lots of caution laps here what’s going on 🤨

That’s normal there. This race always has more yellow laps than green.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, jumper12a said:

That’s normal there. This race always has more yellow laps than green.

You will be consistent and rip DIRTCar when much of an extra-distance race gets eaten away by caution laps, right? I don't recall your criticism when the same thing happened at Oswego, and posters on here were complaining about it.

IMO, some of the complaining about OCFS in this thread seems excessive.

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, FightForTheRail said:

You will be consistent and rip DIRTCar when much of an extra-distance race gets eaten away by caution laps, right? I don't recall your criticism when the same thing happened at Oswego, and posters on here were complaining about it.

IMO, some of the complaining about OCFS in this thread seems excessive.

This issue @ OCFS has been going on for many years. It happened @ Oswego 1 year, and an improvement was made the following year. OCFS has failed to recognize a major issue far too long. The place is awful!

6 minutes ago, jumper12a said:

This issue @ OCFS has been going on for many years. It happened @ Oswego 1 year, and an improvement was made the following year. OCFS has failed to recognize a major issue far too long. The place is awful!

I’ve been a huge critic of Dirtcar and caution laps at series races. OCFS tonight was brutal. Really needs to be addressed. 

• Like 3