8 minutes ago, jumper12a said:

This issue @ OCFS has been going on for many years. It happened @ Oswego 1 year, and an improvement was made the following year. OCFS has failed to recognize a major issue far too long. The place is awful!

9 plus hrs and 250 caution laps ....It's over  No sporting event in world is worth 9 hrs to watch to me....But last race was decent 

• Like 1
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

wow.. John...  one homer calling another homer a homer...  

Seems there is absolutely no contact between the Race Director and the Video Production Director/Producer.  That was all just junk. I can honestly say that without a doubt, the video production people

Good thing Cuomo didnt cancel the race or I wouldnt be able to sit back and read all the bitching about it all. Lol.

10 hours ago, jumper12a said:

This issue @ OCFS has been going on for many years. It happened @ Oswego 1 year, and an improvement was made the following year. OCFS has failed to recognize a major issue far too long. The place is awful!

To be fair....Oswego was a shit show with caution laps last year. So whatever they did to fix it, didn’t work.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Scott Friers said:

To be fair....Oswego was a shit show with caution laps last year. So whatever they did to fix it, didn’t work.

Maybe it's time for them to swallow their pride and ask Deyo for some advice 🙂

• Like 4

I did not watch the race.  But from the driver interviews, I read and listened to. Plus following updates and such. Seems as though drivers were able to pass on the surface. Especially with new tires.   After taking rubber during the 358's the track was dug up. I believe the reason for dust?  But I think most would take that over a rubbered up one lane? 

The drivers bringing cautions out on purpose always drive me nuts. But seems to happen in all the big  modified races.  No matter what track or sanction

11 minutes ago, racermurray said:

Yeah.  Because there were not many caution laps last week?  🤣

• Like 2

There was some passing, but not a lot and most of it was with guys on new tires later in the race. The dust calmed down after halfway and track started to shine back up after they tore it up. General consensus amongst my friends was the race was boring. I didn't think the race itself was too awful, usual long distance show. 

A lot of people I suspect were spoiled with last week. The scoring confusion didn't help.

Might be time to think about adding some of the banking back to OCFS. Tracks way slower than it used to be and it might help guys run the top a bit better.

The Eastern States 200 was always a daytime show, run on Sunday afternoons when I used to go every year. It was also the best daytime show of the season. There used to be a bunch of afternoon shows back then... Weedsport had a 150 lapper in the spring, Rolling Wheels had a 200 lapper to kick off the summer, Lebanon Valley had a daytime 200, Canandaigua's P&C Foods 200 was an afternoon show and the Syracuse 200 was an afternoon show.

Change isn't always good. Washing away the patina devalues an item every time. You don't fix anything that still works fine and isn't really broken. 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, BobMiller said:

The Eastern States 200 was always a daytime show, run on Sunday afternoons when I used to go every year. It was also the best daytime show of the season. There used to be a bunch of afternoon shows back then... Weedsport had a 150 lapper in the spring, Rolling Wheels had a 200 lapper to kick off the summer, Lebanon Valley had a daytime 200, Canandaigua's P&C Foods 200 was an afternoon show and the Syracuse 200 was an afternoon show.

Change isn't always good. Washing away the patina devalues an item every time. You don't fix anything that still works fine and isn't really broken. 

I think it may be better show if they stop at half way for 10-15 min because they at different times run same amount  of time under caution and I thought you didn't lose a lap or laps on pit road under caution ? So was Port Royal a better race last week with half way break ?  

2 hours ago, leroy said:

Yeah.  Because there were not many caution laps last week?  🤣

Don't have stats but I attended the 200 lap at Oswego last year and the 200 lap at Port Royal last week . My best guess is Port Royal had less than half the caution flag laps that Oswego had .

Sitting home in the comfort of my living room and watching the live stream gives the whole ESW a vastly different perspective. I wondered if I was there live as opposed to where I am would I feel differently about it. Would I be critical of the announcing glitches or the actual running of the show itself. My live experiences with this event dates back to the real early days when it was a one day show that featured triple digit Coupe and Coach car counts, a little short bald guy guy kicking butt and taking names and only one event for the other regular class (which were six cylinders). It was one of the races I annually looked forward to attending as the whole atmosphere rivaled that of Langhorne and later Syracuse. It was a great big race on a Saturday Night track and I loved it. I agree with Mr. Miller's post about "change isn't  always for the better" but as time went on and different people managed the event, change happened and some of it was good and some not so much. At times it seemed what brought us to this race in the first place got lost in the shuffle. We as fans can be anonymously critical as we have lots in today's world to compare to. Whether anything changes for the better, it will be a wait and see thing. It'll be a time to reflect on what happened on the management end of it and given the circumstances of 2020 we were probably very lucky this event was even held at all. 

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Scott Friers said:

Coming from 2 feet sticking out of the backside of BD, it doesn’t surprise me you would say that.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
20 minutes ago, jumper12a said:

Coming from 2 feet sticking out of the backside of BD, it doesn’t surprise me you would say that.

Typical reply from someone when they have nothing else to say. But I guess that’s to be expected from a dirt employee...:

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, jumper12a said:

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
51 minutes ago, mickey55 said:

Sitting home in the comfort of my living room and watching the live stream gives the whole ESW a vastly different perspective. I wondered if I was there live as opposed to where I am would I feel differently about it. Would I be critical of the announcing glitches or the actual running of the show itself. My live experiences with this event dates back to the real early days when it was a one day show that featured triple digit Coupe and Coach car counts, a little short bald guy guy kicking butt and taking names and only one event for the other regular class (which were six cylinders). It was one of the races I annually looked forward to attending as the whole atmosphere rivaled that of Langhorne and later Syracuse. It was a great big race on a Saturday Night track and I loved it. I agree with Mr. Miller's post about "change isn't  always for the better" but as time went on and different people managed the event, change happened and some of it was good and some not so much. At times it seemed what brought us to this race in the first place got lost in the shuffle. We as fans can be anonymously critical as we have lots in today's world to compare to. Whether anything changes for the better, it will be a wait and see thing. It'll be a time to reflect on what happened on the management end of it and given the circumstances of 2020 we were probably very lucky this event was even held at all. 

I agree with you 100%  mickey55. When it was a one day show it was the best. We would go to the show at 5 Mile Point the night before and head over to Middletown after that and sleep in the car on the parking lot and head inside early to get our seats. 

• Like 2

Good show...Bad show. To many caution laps...bad announcing....bad camera work...bad conditions...

In today’s world at least drivers were able to race for some good money and fans were able to watch.

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, Scott Friers said:

Typical reply from someone when they have nothing else to say. But I guess that’s to be expected from a dirt employee...:

First, I’m not an employee any longer. For personal family reasons, I stepped away a few weeks ago. Second, if you knew the real BD and how he’s been operating behind the scenes, you’d have someone grab those 2 little feet & yank’em out of there.

• Haha 2
6 hours ago, Outlaw Photos said:

When they’re your employer (the last 7-8 years), you aren’t a homer.

8 hours ago, racermurray said:

Why even ask him. It's really easy. Implement a 10% rule maximum cautions rule. 90% of the race will be green laps.

35 laps - 4 maximum caution laps. First caution lap counts of each caution then the lap counter gets frozen. This happens every caution until you hit the 4 max cautions then no more caution laps are counted.  

100 laps - 10 maximum caution laps. First 2 caution laps counts of each caution and when you hit the 10 maximum mark, no more cautions count. 

200 - 20 maximum caution laps. First 3 caution laps count and once you hit the 20 mark, no more caution laps count.

I think this would impact the drivers strategy too because if they bring out cautions for silly reasons, they could be causing a lot more laps and using a lot more fuel. Might see some cleaner racing this way.

8 hours ago, RJO said:

I agree with you 100%  mickey55. When it was a one day show it was the best. We would go to the show at 5 Mile Point the night before and head over to Middletown after that and sleep in the car on the parking lot and head inside early to get our seats. 

And, watching the teams come into the infield off turn 4 in their  open trailers was a treat because there was always some surprises.

1 hour ago, chas71 said:

And, watching the teams come into the infield off turn 4 in their  open trailers was a treat because there was always some surprises.

Plus being able to see almost all of the racetrack not blocked my high stacker trailers.

• Like 1

The first year I went someone named Hal Karcher won a heat race and I took a photo of Charlie Jarzombeck's square coupe and a driver from Canada named Bruce Van Dyke. Open trailers are an altogether different discussion which is lost on some today. That race track has a lot of history and if some of it were to be told today, it probably would not be believed. There were also football goal posts in the infield one year. Wish I still had that photo. I think the team was called the Mid-Hudson Knights or something like that. Starting to sound like a Don McLean song here.

Edited by mickey55
  • Like 1
On 10/25/2020 at 11:23 AM, racermurray said:

Don't have stats but I attended the 200 lap at Oswego last year and the 200 lap at Port Royal last week . My best guess is Port Royal had less than half the caution flag laps that Oswego had .

This has to be fact. Other than the Pauch Jr crash Port Royal went off fairly quick. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, robracer said:

This has to be fact. Other than the Pauch Jr crash Port Royal went off fairly quick. 

Just from looking at twitter updates. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 38 yellow flag laps counted at Port Royal.  A lot laps less than it seemed while sitting there. But consider they were freezing the counter after three yellow laps much of the time.  There was also the red you mention, and the 10-15 min break at halfway

18 minutes ago, leroy said:

Just from looking at twitter updates. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 38 yellow flag laps counted at Port Royal.  A lot laps less than it seemed while sitting there. But consider they were freezing the counter after three yellow laps much of the time.  There was also the red you mention, and the 10-15 min break at halfway

Port Royal took 24 min longer to complete than the 200 at Oswego. That's with a 67 minute red flag and a 10 min halfway break. 

• Like 1