Some tracks (I believe) like Fulton, Rolling Wheels, maybe Brewerton have been called the same exact thing for their entire existence...others change names. Thought it might be fun to compile the all-time names for speedways. I’ll start with four tracks I grew up around, but I know sure I’ll be missing names it was once called. I know Bob will come in clutch for Canandaigua. Please feel free to add tracks and names that it was called at one point.

Outlaw Speedway - Dundee Raceway Park, Black Rock Speedway, Yates County Speedway

Land of Legends Raceway - Canandaigua Speedway, Canandaigua Motorsports Park, Speedland, Ontario County Oval

Weedsport Speedway - Cayuga County Fair Speedway

Fulton Speedway - Milray Speedway, Fulton Raceway

Brewerton Speedway - Route 11 Speedway

Rolling Wheels Raceway - Rolling Wheels Raceway Park, Rolling Wheels Speedway

Utica Rome Speedway - New Utica Rome Speedway - New Venture Speedway

New Humberstone Speedway - Humberstone International Speedway, Gasport International Speedway

Genesee Speedway - Raceway 5

Can-Am Speedway - Caprara Bros. Can Am Motorsports Park, Winner's Circle RaceTrack

Afton Motorsports Park - Afton Raceway, I-88 Speedway

Mohawk International Raceway - Frogtown Speedway

Orange County Fair Speedway - Victory Speedway

Never changed
Fonda Speedway 
Merritville Speedway 
Woodhull Raceway

Utica Rome Speedway - New Utica Rome Speedway - New Venture(I think?) Speedway

Ransomville Speedway - I'm pretty sure it's only ever been Ransomville

Do you count Rolling Wheels as one if it's been both Rolling Wheels Raceway and Rolling Wheels Raceway Park?

I'm thinking Lebanon Valley and Five Mile also fall into the one name category?

28 minutes ago, leroy said:

I believe Dundee Raceway was actually Dundee Raceway Park.  

Yates County Raceway was actually Yates County Speedway

Weren’t Dundee, Black Rock, Yates County and Outlaw all the same track?

Just now, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Updated! Thanks.

When I say I am going to the races.  It is still just  I am going to 'Dundee" or 'Canandaigua'

• Like 4

2021 Merrittville Speedway will remain under the same name going into its 70th year tho Ownership has changed, the Name Has Not!!

4 hours ago, leroy said:

I believe Dundee Raceway was actually Dundee Raceway Park.  

Yates County Raceway was actually Yates County Speedway

Dundee was both. Between Mike Jackson as promoter under owner Dean Hoag and the sale of the track to Tyler Siri, Dundee ran a single year as Yates County Speedway with one of the Harpell's as promoter.

Yates-County-Speedway-logo.jpg

From 1957 until Steve Wetmore took over as Promoter in the mid to late 80's, Dundee was known as Dundee Speedway. I was also known as Dundee Raceway before becoming Dundee Raceway Park.

Canandaigua's original name was Canandaigua Speedway. It briefly became "Ontario County Oval" for a season of Midget Car racing around 1959 or 1960, and then "Speedland" in the early 60's under promoter Les Harrison when he brought in drag racing as well as oval track stock cars. The Speedland moniker was then given exclusively to the Drag Track under promoter Goodie Bianchi until drag races stopped in 1970, and Harrison promoted the oval track as Canandaigua Speedway from 1962 through 1964.

4 hours ago, RJO said:

Weren’t Dundee, Black Rock, Yates County and Outlaw all the same track?

Yes and no. The track has changed sizes and shapes over the years, but always on the same property.

Rolling Wheels opened in 1969 and advertised that year as Rolling Wheels Speedway. 

Woodhull raceway is the only name it's ever had in its 50 some years, and this year was only the 5th owner. 

Williams family

scott and Amy drake

vern wasson

ted and Brandi white

terry and Nikki brewer

• Like 2

Freedom Motorsports Park (current) - Tri County, Freedom Raceway, Arcade International Raceway, South Arcade Speedway, Freedom Speedway

Humberstone speedway used to be gasport I’m sure Fran knows if there’s more names for it. 

ever since i believe 1954 fonda was called fonda speedway . when  jim gage sr. and ed fueze promoted it was under the business name of thruway inc. i  believe then ralph and brother ron compani took over. rick lucia , then damistrious father and son. now it's promoted by bret deyo. always called the track of champions.