• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not one to comment but I had a little time here waiting to pick up my wife from her treatments today.  Just for the record, I did not hire John Baumes as my new accountant.  When I started in this

I think the most important difference between the SDS and STSS, is with the SDS, you only need one car and motor.  With the STSS you have some teams towing two or more cars to a race then decidin

They're 2 different brands altogether.  SDS is about star power and STSS is about pros vs joes. As a racer, I prefer the SDS format.  Both formats are kind of make or break at the start of the ni

8 minutes ago, Rmitchell said:

Considering they raced in NY only once that point isn't very strong 

Only NY races count?  STSS  did race plenty this season and still have more to go .   Point funds are also being payed out for the STSS I believe

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Rmitchell said:

Considering they raced in NY only once that point isn't very strong 

Considering they went to N.C. , SC, Headed to Louisiana and had a 53k to win show at a track that does not usually have modifieds, it’s a very strong point. Something tells me that any series could put up the money to race at these venues that do not have our cars.....only 1 did.

4 minutes ago, leroy said:

Only NY races count?  STSS  did race plenty this season and still have more to go 

Considering the SDS consists of mostly NY and Canada there is no argument 

2 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

Considering they went to N.C. , SC, Headed to Louisiana and had a 53k to win show at a track that does not usually have modifieds, it’s a very strong point. 

Helps when they can get a crowd where the STSS is racing 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Rmitchell said:

Considering the SDS consists of mostly NY and Canada there is no argument 

What argument?  STSS wanted to race.  They did.  And still are.  

A lot of STSS races were not at their normal tracks .  so?

44 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

Stss wanted to race this year. 

STSS has completed 16 races in 2020.

SDS has completed 11 races in 2020.

It appears both series did some racing.

4 minutes ago, Rmitchell said:

No kidding ,right     SDS could move races to other venues?  Or no. Only the STSS is allowed to do that.😴

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, leroy said:

No kidding ,right     SDS could move races to other venues?  Or no. Only the STSS is allowed to do that.😴

Looking at the orginal schedule. The SDS had 1 race outside of NY/Canada except for Florida before the pandemic and NC which just cancelled. The STSS have only changed 1 race on their both north and south schedule being Port Royal with most races being in states that allow fans. I am missing your point...

16 minutes ago, Rmitchell said:

It is nice when you schedule races.  AND let the fans in too.

7 minutes ago, Rmitchell said:

Looking at the orginal schedule. The SDS had 1 race outside of NY/Canada except for Florida before the pandemic and NC which just cancelled. The STSS have only changed 1 race on their both north and south schedule being Port Royal with most races being in states that allow fans. I am missing your point...

yes you are,    but however. 

races in NC, LA, and Penn Can were also added 

Deyo wanted to schedule races. And wanted fans obviously

I believe deyo ran 3 in Florida, 3 in the Carolinas, 12 in the northeast and is headed to Louisiana. 

He pushed to pay a point fund, and held a 53k to win show. 

1 series wanted to race. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

I believe deyo ran 3 in Florida, 3 in the Carolinas, 12 in the northeast and is headed to Louisiana. 

He pushed to pay a point fund, and held a 53k to win show. 

1 series wanted to race. 

STSS = 16

SDS = 11

4 minutes ago, jumper12a said:

STSS = 16

SDS = 11

Well I guess we are adding races differently than one another. With that said, if you want to stack 2 weeks worth of Effort and the 10 races that went on in those 2 weeks, against what Deyo did for teams all summer, go for it. I’ll stick to adding up the results from the stss website for the number of races run, and I’ll stick to my original opinion with an addition.

1 series wanted to race. 

1 series needed to save face so we had octoberfast. 

1 minute ago, leroy said:

OK yous two.  Count the races with fans allowed 😂

There’s no argument about which series put forth effort to race this season. No debating which did more for the drivers and teams. Races attempted is more accurate for 2020. It was a win if a track scheduled a race and Mother Nature cancelled it rather than Covid related reasons. The sds completed volusia, ran a race in Bridgeport, and held octoberfast. Certainly better than nothing, but there was no risks being taken by them. They were closed for most of the summer with no attempt to put races on. Deyo pushed and took some risks, but he provided good paying shows for the teams. He’s continuing to do so by heading south again. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

There’s no argument about which series put forth effort to race this season. No debating which did more for the drivers and teams. Races attempted is more accurate for 2020. It was a win if a track scheduled a race and Mother Nature cancelled it rather than Covid related reasons. The sds completed volusia, ran a race in Bridgeport, and held octoberfast. Certainly better than nothing, but there was no risks being taken by them. They were closed for most of the summer with no attempt to put races on. Deyo pushed and took some risks, but he provided good paying shows for the teams. He’s continuing to do so by heading south again. 

“Risks” is a bit much. Brett Deyo doesn’t put up his own $$$, he doesn’t have any. The Octoberfast deal was put up by WRG. My completed race counts are from both series websites. All you have to do is look’em up. Both series held non-point shows, included in the totals.