I'm thinking it's a pretty tight battle between Williamson, Perrego, and Mahaney. I'm not positive on the stats, but I think Mat won the most money, Ant had the best winning percentage, and Mike was the most consistently in the top 5.  

43 members have voted

1. 1. I'm thinking it's a pretty tight battle between Williamson, Perrego, and Mahaney. I'm not positive on the stats, but I think Mat won the most money, Ant had the best winning percentage, and Mike was the most consistently in the top 5.

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 01/01/2021 at 04:59 AM

I would have gone with Mike .but wins make a big difference. 

I'm sure with the way he ran at weedsport after being dq'd by some whine ass would have put him in a starting spot he could win with 

• Like 3

Being consistent does not make u Mr October, doing something special does. Williamson won the two biggest races of the year against the best of the best. That makes him Mr. October hands down, plus u can throw in the 96 lap 10.000 to win falls nationals victory in Brockville October 3rd. Williamson is the man

• Like 2

I'm a big Perrego fan, but it's Big Money Mat without a doubt.

10 minutes ago, premiumdiesel said:

will the winner get a candy bar named after them ? 

Like a Reggie Jackson bar?

• Haha 2
10 hours ago, RaceStatCentral said:

Thanks for the side by side comparison! Definitely nice to see all the data lined up right next to each other in the same spot.

Hard to argue against Williamson in that scenario but certainly all 3 had great Octobers. Perrego picked and chose a little more and had great success in less starts. Mahaney was the most consistent but Williamson got the big $$$ wins and was almost as consistent.

12 hours ago, HighPlainsDrifter said:

Honorable mention...Jimmy Phelps. 
3 wins

I should have included Jimmy. He definitely silenced some critics this month. 

• Like 1
On 10/28/2020 at 10:51 AM, racer80 said:

The Candy bar was named after Grover Cleveland's daughter Ruth....not Babe Ruth

Although the name of the candy bar sounds like the name of the famous baseball player Babe Ruth, the Curtiss Candy Company traditionally claimed that it was named after President Grover Cleveland's daughter, Ruth Cleveland.[4][5] The candy maker, located on the same street as Wrigley Field, named the bar "Baby Ruth" in 1921, as Babe Ruth's fame was on the rise, 24 years after Cleveland had left the White House, and 17 years after his daughter, Ruth, had died. The company did not negotiate an endorsement deal with Ruth, and many saw the company's story about the origin of the name to be a devious way to avoid having to pay the baseball player any royalties. Curtiss successfully shut down a rival bar that was approved by, and named for, Ruth, on the grounds that the names were too similar.

Is there really an argument against Big Money Matt?

I'll put it into perspective this way which just may change a couple people's way of looking at it. Would you prefer to be the best with your significant other this week and so so next week and then the best and then so so,  or would you think you may wanna be consistent Everytime?
Again, I'm going with consistent.😀

• Like 2
1 hour ago, dan dan said:

I'll put it into perspective this way which just may change a couple people's way of looking at it. Would you prefer to be the best with your significant other this week and so so next week and then the best and then so so,  or would you think you may wanna be consistent Everytime?
Again, I'm going with consistent.😀

Its Mr October , not Mr year round. I will take the 100,000 Williamson won in October and head to the bank. U can have your consistency and eat bologna sandwiches. Not to mention Williamson was every bit as consistent as Mahaney and won all the money. Then throw in the fact Williamson did it in Three different cars with different owners. This whole question is a no brainer

You have your way and I'll have mine. Don't exactly see where I even brought up year round. Fried bologna sandwiches are quite good as well.  Obviously you didn't see the point I was trying to make, much less the humor in it.  I probably should have thrown a reference to AC or DT in. Every other thread has one or both, wouldn't want this to be any different. 

3 hours ago, ferg3298 said:

Its Mr October , not Mr year round. I will take the 100,000 Williamson won in October and head to the bank. U can have your consistency and eat bologna sandwiches. Not to mention Williamson was every bit as consistent as Mahaney and won all the money. Then throw in the fact Williamson did it in Three different cars with different owners. This whole question is a no brainer

Hey ,  fried bologna  is great . And ya, seeing you brought up Mat having 3 teams   , Mike  mainly  used 2 cars , that he maintains , hauls ,and sets up himself  . The big block car is a 2017 and  the SB is a 2014 ( not making excuses , just stating facts ) . And yes  , I agree , $100,000 is a hell of a lot of cash to win on NE dirt tracks in one month ! Congrats to Mat Williamson .

• Like 1