Larson signs with Hendrick to run the 5 car

Wheels, most of the ones I know when they say it, regardless if they talking to a black or white guy it ends with er, and if it's said back to them it's taken in stride. No different than if they call me a cracker or honkey. Again it could be the group of people. No hard feelings either way

On 10/30/2020 at 3:30 PM, Jack Brady said:

Thanks, I just got done watching it and was upset they never mentioned it.

As for the discussion of words that are bad and arent or whatever..

What ever happen to Sticks and Stones will break my bones, but WORDS WELL NEVER HURT ME?

The world really has become much to sensitive. Not meaning that the word is ok to say, but seems like the people that are most offended by it are the ones that aren't associated to the word what so ever. And people being offended at something that wasn't directed at anyone but frustration is kind of pathetic. The apology should of been enough.

I don’t doubt that you and many others share this opinion. It scares the heck out of me - mainly because there are so many when there should be so few, if any. It’s 2020. That word shouldn’t be in anyone’s vocabulary. White, black, brown...N###ER is not a word anyone should use. If I used that word I would fully expect to lose my job. And rightfully so. 

• Like 1
On 10/30/2020 at 6:01 PM, dan dan said:

Wheels, most of the ones I know when they say it, regardless if they talking to a black or white guy it ends with er, and if it's said back to them it's taken in stride. No different than if they call me a cracker or honkey. Again it could be the group of people. No hard feelings either way

10 minutes ago, JohnyC said:

I don’t doubt that you and many others share this opinion. It scares the heck out of me - mainly because there are so many when there should be so few, if any. It’s 2020. That word shouldn’t be in anyone’s vocabulary. White, black, brown...N###ER is not a word anyone should use. If I used that word I would fully expect to lose my job. And rightfully so. 

🙄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, Pinesol said:

I watched the podcast on TV last night and they didn't show the part where he mentioned Super Dirt Week. Or maybe I fell asleep...

i listened to it. it came up in the discussion where they were talking about the nascar race next year and the length of race on dirt. He mentioned super dirt week being 200 laps and also mentioned port royal race a couple weeks ago that was 200 laps.

16 hours ago, JohnyC said:

Actually you would be surprised that a majority of people feel the world has become way to sensitive. The whole cancel movement is down right ridiculous. People becoming outraged over some of the dumbest things. Outrage over things that were done decades ago when it was acceptable, and now outraged morons want these people to lose their livelihood many years later. Or like with Larson, who immediately apologized for his mistake and lack of candor. The majority of people screaming for his firing wasn't his peers. It was people who had nothing to do with racing, and it wasn't coming from the African-American community. He didn't deserve to lose his job, and maybe just sensitivity training would of been enough. But no, NASCAR tried to immediately to get rid of him. Luckily he stayed in the spot light by doing what he does best, race and win races all over the Country. He took his overreaction punishment plus went above and beyond. And showed he was a good person. I never liked the kid, but at least now I respect him for not just going home and giving up.

But people on both sides need to lighten the F up. Week in and week out all over the internet (including here) and across our Country people are getting upset over the dumbest god damn things. We have a moron for a President with a republican party to scared to do something about it. And we have a Democratic party falling off the cliff because they have gone so far left they fell in to never never land.  Obama saved our economy and brought down the unemployment and got things moving in the right direction. Trump came in and made it grow further (I can't debate that its absolute fact that the economy and unemployment continued in a prosperous direction). I don't agree with his tactics on many other things though. At the same time these two president helped tear our Country in two. Never before have people been so divided in our Country. Because now both sides are so friggen sensitive about their damn opinions.

Politicians love this, because while we are at each other's throats they get away with all kinds of ridiculous bull$#!t. They use to work together to distract us with dumb $#!t like cleaning up baseball (while completely ignoring Football). Or directing our attention at other stupid stuff.  But now they found the OUTRAGE factor, and getting us to go after each other while they all pull their stupid little schemes to pass legislation that just screws us over and makes them money.

Companies pour multiples of millions in to politics because if they get certain legislation passed they know they will recover it. But why do Politicians spend multiples of millions almost billions of dollars to get elected for a seat in government that only pays maybe a few hundred thousand dollars? Don't tell me Mitch McConnell and Nancy Pelosi do it because they care so much for us. Mitch is the king of PORK, he gets more Federal Money for contracts in his state then any other person in all of Congress (a large majority to his backers). And Pelosi loves the power and has been caught multiple times using her station as Leader of the House to get many perks and favors in her state.

I understand we are all going to have opinions and we are going to get pissed at who ever becomes President after this week. And for the next four years after that. But what we need to realize is that we are still friends and don't need to get outraged over every damn little thing that happens these days. We keep arguing over the same damn things, just because you throw facts at someone doesn't mean your going to change their mind. We use to respect peoples' opinions. Now we just get pissed at everyone if they don't agree with us or get mad at what we are mad at. Everyone is TO GOD DAMN SENSITIVE!!!

Sorry for the rant.

We are all stressed with Covid, very limited racing, not being able to go to the races and be with family and friends. We are upset at some who have done nothing to try and stop Covid and others we think have gone to far. Our lives were turned up side down this year. We've lost family and friends. Our Country hasn't dealt with things like this since the Great Depression. But they still had it worse. But now we have become so self privileged any upset of our lives is an outrage. 

I'll shut the F up now.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Jack Brady said:

Actually you would be surprised that a majority of people feel the world has become way to sensitive. The whole cancel movement is down right ridiculous. People becoming outraged over some of the dumbest things. Outrage over things that were done decades ago when it was acceptable, and now outraged morons want these people to lose their livelihood many years later. Or like with Larson, who immediately apologized for his mistake and lack of candor. The majority of people screaming for his firing wasn't his peers. It was people who had nothing to do with racing, and it wasn't coming from the African-American community. He didn't deserve to lose his job, and maybe just sensitivity training would of been enough. But no, NASCAR tried to immediately to get rid of him. Luckily he stayed in the spot light by doing what he does best, race and win races all over the Country. He took his overreaction punishment plus went above and beyond. And showed he was a good person. I never liked the kid, but at least now I respect him for not just going home and giving up.

But people on both sides need to lighten the F up. Week in and week out all over the internet (including here) and across our Country people are getting upset over the dumbest god damn things. We have a moron for a President with a republican party to scared to do something about it. And we have a Democratic party falling off the cliff because they have gone so far left they fell in to never never land.  Obama saved our economy and brought down the unemployment and got things moving in the right direction. Trump came in and made it grow further (I can't debate that its absolute fact that the economy and unemployment continued in a prosperous direction). I don't agree with his tactics on many other things though. At the same time these two president helped tear our Country in two. Never before have people been so divided in our Country. Because now both sides are so friggen sensitive about their damn opinions.

Politicians love this, because while we are at each other's throats they get away with all kinds of ridiculous bull$#!t. They use to work together to distract us with dumb $#!t like cleaning up baseball (while completely ignoring Football). Or directing our attention at other stupid stuff.  But now they found the OUTRAGE factor, and getting us to go after each other while they all pull their stupid little schemes to pass legislation that just screws us over and makes them money.

Companies pour multiples of millions in to politics because if they get certain legislation passed they know they will recover it. But why do Politicians spend multiples of millions almost billions of dollars to get elected for a seat in government that only pays maybe a few hundred thousand dollars? Don't tell me Mitch McConnell and Nancy Pelosi do it because they care so much for us. Mitch is the king of PORK, he gets more Federal Money for contracts in his state then any other person in all of Congress (a large majority to his backers). And Pelosi loves the power and has been caught multiple times using her station as Leader of the House to get many perks and favors in her state.

I understand we are all going to have opinions and we are going to get pissed at who ever becomes President after this week. And for the next four years after that. But what we need to realize is that we are still friends and don't need to get outraged over every damn little thing that happens these days. We keep arguing over the same damn things, just because you throw facts at someone doesn't mean your going to change their mind. We use to respect peoples' opinions. Now we just get pissed at everyone if they don't agree with us or get mad at what we are mad at. Everyone is TO GOD DAMN SENSITIVE!!!

Sorry for the rant.

We are all stressed with Covid, very limited racing, not being able to go to the races and be with family and friends. We are upset at some who have done nothing to try and stop Covid and others we think have gone to far. Our lives were turned up side down this year. We've lost family and friends. Our Country hasn't dealt with things like this since the Great Depression. But they still had it worse. But now we have become so self privileged any upset of our lives is an outrage. 

I'll shut the F up now.

Larson was fired because the corporate sponsors (Credit One, McDonald's, Chevrolet, etc.) that back Ganassi Racing and provide the team with funding to keep the whole race team afloat did not want their name associated with Kyle. Chip's hands were tied, what was he supposed to do?

• Like 3

I'm willing to bet that Kyle's salary at Hendrick is nothing like what it was at Ganassi. Hendrick himself even said before all this stuff went down and Larson was going to be a free agent that he wasn't going to go into a bidding war with Chip. Now Rick was able to get Kyle at a bargain basement price.

37 minutes ago, Sicklajoie said:

I'm willing to bet that Kyle's salary at Hendrick is nothing like what is was at Ganassi. Hendrick himself even said before all this stuff went down and Larson was going to be a free agent that he wasn't going to go into a bidding war with Chip. Now Rick was able to get Kyle at a bargain basement price.

Forbes which tracks athlete's salaries claims his new salary is around $1m, down from what they claim was $8m. I never really believed the $8m figure but who knows? But it makes sense that his salary was cut way down, which led to his shuttering his sprint car team.

2 minutes ago, con7 said:

Forbes which tracks athlete's salaries claims his new salary is around $1m, down from what they claim was $8m. I never really believed the $8m figure but who knows? But it makes sense that his salary was cut way down, which led to his shuttering his sprint car team.

8 million might include all the endorsement deals with sponsors at Ganassi.

Winning far more races and actually competing for championships will take care of the financials over time. I’m sure that Kyle took a hit in the financials this year, but I’m guessing shutting down the sprint car team has as much to do with it being an enormous waste of money for an owner, and he doesn’t have to utilize it himself. I doubt his daily life changed a ton. If he starts raking in millions again maybe he starts a team back up, but for the time being I’m sure he feels that making sure he and his family live comfortably is more important than supplying a sprint car team for others. If he lost sponsorship on the sprint car side that probably played a role as well. Everyone would love to run a team, if sponsors are willing to foot the bill. 

2 hours ago, Sicklajoie said:

8 million might include all the endorsement deals with sponsors at Ganassi.

Correct. His salary from Ganassi was 5.5 million per year plus another 2 million in endorsements and 500k in personal service contracts and appearances. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, jsw14886 said:

Correct. His salary from Ganassi was 5.5 million per year plus another 2 million in endorsements and 500k in personal service contracts and appearances. 

8 million to 1 million is a pretty steep fall.

6 minutes ago, con7 said:

8 million to 1 million is a pretty steep fall.

I think the 5.5 million of the 8 million was salary + percentage of winnings from that season. The 1 million now is just salary and the winnings part is yet to be determined, so it'll pick up a little. Still will be a far cry from 8.

Hopefully they can find sponsors to support the team since they don't have any right now.

With the lessening interest in cup racing, the pandemic effect, and those companies that will not sponsor Larson, they could have some difficulty in this area. How much is it to sponsor a cup car for one race now, 350----500K?

12 minutes ago, chas71 said:

Hopefully they can find sponsors to support the team since they don't have any right now.

With the lessening interest in cup racing, the pandemic effect, and those companies that will not sponsor Larson, they could have some difficulty in this area. How much is it to sponsor a cup car for one race now, 350----500K?

They’ll be fine.

I’m also pretty sure the nascar salaries are no where near what they were 10-15 years ago when nascar was in its hay day with “popularity” and sponsorship, attendance and fan attraction.

isn’t that part of the reason why some veterans have moved on in recent years and younger guys have been given rides because they can be had for much cheaper?

• Like 1
11 hours ago, jumper12a said:

They’ll be fine.

No kidding right.

If the field fillers can fund a car.  I think Rick Hendrick can.
  after all, the guy has/had enough money to buy his way out of prison  

• Like 2
14 hours ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

I’m also pretty sure the nascar salaries are no where near what they were 10-15 years ago when nascar was in its hay day with “popularity” and sponsorship, attendance and fan attraction.

isn’t that part of the reason why some veterans have moved on in recent years and younger guys have been given rides because they can be had for much cheaper?

Of course, but Larson being the top free agent going in to 2020, he was going to make a ton. Alot more than $1 million if you believe that number.