Big moves in the sprint car world today as David Gravel will be joining the Big Game Motorsports team (replacing Kerry Madsen) and running the full WoO Tour in 2021, while Carson Macedo will slide into the JJR 41 for 2021. 

https://worldofoutlaws.com/sprintcars/carson-macedo-joining-jason-johnson-racing-in-2021/

https://worldofoutlaws.com/sprintcars/david-gravel-to-drive-full-time-for-big-game-motorsports-in-2021/

Right now 2021 WoO Tour looks like:

15 Schatz
41 Macedo
2 Gravel
49 Sweet
17 Haudenschild
1S Schuchart
1A Allen
83 Reutzel
2C W. Johnson
11K Kinser
33 Daniel
6R Rose
7S Sides
3Z Zearfoss

Will KKR field a 2nd full-time WoO car again? Will Shane Stewart be able to land a ride that has ambitions of following the full tour? He seems like he'd prefer to be on it if he had a ride that could support it. 

16 minutes ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Big moves in the sprint car world today as David Gravel will be joining the Big Game Motorsports team (replacing Kerry Madsen) and running the full WoO Tour in 2021, while Carson Macedo will slide into the JJR 41 for 2021. 

https://worldofoutlaws.com/sprintcars/carson-macedo-joining-jason-johnson-racing-in-2021/

https://worldofoutlaws.com/sprintcars/david-gravel-to-drive-full-time-for-big-game-motorsports-in-2021/

Right now 2021 WoO Tour looks like:

15 Schatz
41 Macedo
2 Gravel
49 Sweet
17 Haudenschild
1S Schuchart
1A Allen

Maybes?
11K Kinser
33 Daniel
2C W. Johnson
6R Rose
7S Sides

Will someone hop into the Roth 83 (Dominic Scelzi, Parker Price Miller, Shane Stewart, Joey Saldana?) and follow the full Tour? Will KKR field a 2nd full-time WoO car again? 

Wasn't Reutzel already announced to the 83?  

29 minutes ago, con7 said:

Gio Scelzi is also full-time in the 18 next year, not sure what schedule they are running.

Yes i saw Gio to the 18. Wasn't sure if they would follow the full Tour...I know they hit a lot of WoO and All-Star shows. Didn't hear Reutzel to the 83 but that's pretty sweet if true! I was always curious how Reutzel would fair on the full Tour.

The first year on the WOO tour is usually a little rough for guys but Reutzel could win his share. I could see him doing well in Cali if there’s a swing out there and other places where the tracks are “cowboy up”. But he’s also really impressive at Williams Grove, he was the first all star regular to win at the grove basically ever. 

6 hours ago, con7 said:

I wonder if Eliason will continue on the All Stars as he's definitely the top driver/team left or if he will move on to the WoO as well.

He was another name I was wondering if might land a WoO ride or potentially switch with the team he's currently on over to the WoO Tour. Be another great addition to what would be a stacked field of cars!

On 11/6/2020 at 6:55 PM, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

He was another name I was wondering if might land a WoO ride or potentially switch with the team he's currently on over to the WoO Tour. Be another great addition to what would be a stacked field of cars!

Eliason is staying with the All Stars for 2021. PPM looking to team possibly with Bernie in the 71 for the whole WoO tour.

3 minutes ago, con7 said:

Eliason is staying with the All Stars for 2021. PPM looking to team possibly with Bernie in the 71 for the whole WoO tour.

71 was stout pretty much every time it showed up to the track with Stewart. PPM followed the whole Tour this year pretty much anyways even without being a platinium driver. 

And just like that we’re back to 13 full-timers on the Tour for 2021 right now. Be interesting if anyone else jumps up. There seems to be a lot of momentum behind NOS right now. maybe they step up big to help sponsor another car on the Tour? Tyler Courtney has been doing a lot more winged 410 action lately...

Still be interesting if KKR went back to two full-time cars at some point and who would be in the seat if they did.

Has Rico Abreu ever had ambitions of following the whole thing or does he like to pick and choose his spots between Woo, all-stars and big races at Knoxville, Ohio and Pa too much?

47 minutes ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

And just like that we’re back to 13 full-timers on the Tour for 2021 right now. Be interesting if anyone else jumps up. There seems to be a lot of momentum behind NOS right now. maybe they step up big to help sponsor another car on the Tour? Tyler Courtney has been doing a lot more winged 410 action lately...

Still be interesting if KKR went back to two full-time cars at some point and who would be in the seat if they did.

Has Rico Abreu ever had ambitions of following the whole thing or does he like to pick and choose his spots between Woo, all-stars and big races at Knoxville, Ohio and Pa too much?

I think Courtney will want another year before going WoO, more likely 2022 but who knows? I wonder if James McFadden sticks around the US and runs 2021 here given the Australia season is cancelled. Could start the season with the WoO and if he's high enough in points, maybe they run the whole thing?

Rico runs the 'true outlaw' schedule and includes midgets in his schedule. The reason drivers want to the run the WoO despite the grind is that it pays a ton more than everyone else for the most part, but Rico is already loaded so it probably doesn't have the same pull. I think he'll want the challenge to do it once down the road but don't know what year that will be.

31 minutes ago, Fulbrew said:

Every one of them will.  They just won't run a lot of features.  

Rose and Daniel for sure unless they see a dramatic improvement but Sides and Kinser make more A-mains than not usually. But yes those 2 along with Wayne Johnson are certainly a tier below the big 7 or 8 above them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2020 at 8:44 AM, con7 said:

The reason drivers want to the run the WoO despite the grind is that it pays a ton more than everyone else for the most part, but Rico is already loaded so it probably doesn't have the same pull. 

I'd bet that Rico probably makes as much (or more) in T-Shirt and Mullet hat sales than the top prize for the WoO Tour.

(and that IS NOT a knock on the WoO tour prize money, its the best money out there by far.  I think its just insane how much merchandise Rico sells)

• 3 weeks later...