5 minutes ago, jumper12a said:

Brody Roa & AJ Hopkins are ready for the CB!

Do you ever stop to think how much more money is in racing compared to 25 years ago?

I can't tell if that means more poeple are interested in racing, everyones standard of living has improved, or everyone who races is in debt up to their ears. haha. probably a little of each.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We questioned the 25% all week. I do know that there were several people who only had pit passes, just as there are every year I've ever been there, getting into the stands. This has been an issue sin

The track build has begun!  

53 minutes ago, scottnorwood said:

Do you ever stop to think how much more money is in racing compared to 25 years ago?

I can't tell if that means more poeple are interested in racing, everyones standard of living has improved, or everyone who races is in debt up to their ears. haha. probably a little of each.

I’d say all of the above. But most importantly, I believe there are far more people in today’s world that are far better off than 40, 50, etc..... years ago. The amount of wealthy people in the world today compared to when I was a teenager in the 80’s is astounding!

56 minutes ago, PatsJags14 said:

Here’s a link for the list of NASCAR drivers competing, including cup series champ chase Elliot and xfinity champ chase briscoe 

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2021/01/04/nascar-drivers-chili-bowl-nationals-2021-chase-elliott-kyle-larson-christopher-bell/?fbclid=IwAR14Qt6zBMd0_5M3eD3ZfM--WSXS3LX48RTGjixdFYBzTFIFmW4La5dh5Z4

These articles drive me nuts.

Larson, Bell, Yeley, Newman are all USAC drivers who compete in NASCAR....not the other way around.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, scottnorwood said:

Larson, Bell, Yeley, Newman are all USAC drivers who compete in NASCAR....not the other way around.

Spin it however you want, they’re all drivers actively racing in NASCAR’s top 3 series running in the chili bowl. 

when some of them race the rolex 24 they’ll be advertised as nascar drivers

Then during the cup races they’ll commentate that bell and Larson are dirt drivers

52 minutes ago, PatsJags14 said:

Spin it however you want, they’re all drivers actively racing in NASCAR’s top 3 series running in the chili bowl. 

when some of them race the rolex 24 they’ll be advertised as nascar drivers

Then during the cup races they’ll commentate that bell and Larson are dirt drivers

A NASCAR driver is someone who came up through NASCAR tributaries. bandalaro, legends, asphalt late models. The Busch's come to mind.

When AJ Foyt drove and won in NASCAR...nobody called him a NASCAR driver.

2 hours ago, scottnorwood said:

I like how the article starts out by saying the group of NASCAR Drivers are headlined by Chase Elliott lol. Sorry folks, not in this realm. The headliners of this group are Kyle Larson & Christopher Bell. Followed by Ricky Stenhouse, Chase Briscoe, Ryan Newman, Kasey Kahne, Justin Allgaier & JJ Yeley. Lastly we’ll add in the field fillers of Brett Moffitt & Chase Elliott.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, scottnorwood said:

We making predictions on here or what...maybe just top 3 for Saturday's A-Main? (for pride purposes only of course)

Yung Money, Jonathan Beason, Sunshine

On the off chance someone knows someone or they themselves are looking for Chili Bowl tickets, looks like Dan Douville is looking to sell a pair of tickets on twitter.

Dan used to drive 360 sprints with the SCoNE series and also made some ESS trips.

DouvilleRacing on twitter.

3 hours ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

On the off chance someone knows someone or they themselves are looking for Chili Bowl tickets, looks like Dan Douville is looking to sell a pair of tickets on twitter.

Dan used to drive 360 sprints with the SCoNE series and also made some ESS trips.

DouvilleRacing on twitter.

Yes, he posted them on Twitter last night. I too, unfortunately, had a late cancellation in my group. I now have 1 seat for all 6 nights available if anyone may be or may know someone who would be interested. Face value.

Night 1 is in the books! Great night of racing. Night 2 is shaping up to be another fantastic show. If you aren’t here in Tulsa, be sure to tune in tonight on FloRacing.

Does anyone have the points earned list that set up the A-Main last night? I'm trying to figure out how Bell started 4th after only passing 3 cars. Do you get any bonus points for winning your Heat? And if I understand (maybe I don't) it says combined passing points. So are the heat and the qualifiers pts combined? 

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Jack Brady said:

Does anyone have the points earned list that set up the A-Main last night? I'm trying to figure out how Bell started 4th after only passing 3 cars. Do you get any bonus points for winning your Heat? And if I understand (maybe I don't) it says combined passing points. So are the heat and the qualifiers pts combined? 

Thanks.

Walkapedia is a great follow on Twitter for all those details if you have it.

I believe you get 100 points for winning a heat and either 5 or 10 points for every car you pass.

Ah ok.. that would explain things more.