18 minutes ago, Josh Bayko said:

I highly doubt there will be any racing with crowds in NY in 2021. 

Let's say the vaccine is widely available by March or even April which is conservative by most estimates. Wouldn't it stand to reason that with over 90% efficacy that you would eradicate the virus within a couple months?

I say there will be crowds in NY watching dirt racing in 2021. Might not happen until July or so but we will get there.

• Like 1
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Because i'm tired of reading a racing forum filled with political BS.   Any member of this forum is welcome to argue about their political views literally anywhere else but here.  This is a RACIN

Is this going to be one of those deals that when DIRT schedules a show 3 hours away from the Fonda 200, they're horrible people. But since Brett scheduled this show 4 hours away from Grandview Speedwa

For the record, when the moderator/owner says "Let's get back on topic" it means, let's get back on topic... Just cleared about 8 posts out of this thread going on and on about 'Snowflakes' and other

6 hours ago, KB19 said:

As for '21, hopefully these announcement continue! Here's what we've already got announced; 

Fonda 200; $53,000 to win
Speed Showcase 200: $50,000 to win
Super DIRT Week 200: $50,000 to win
Eastern States 200: $40,000 to win
Freedom 76er: At least $25,000 to win
Super DIRT Week 150: $20,000 to win 
Coalcracker '72: $17,000 to win 
Drummond 170: $12,000 to win

Per premiumdiesel's post on Bridgeport...they will be holding the Danny Serrano 100 race in September that will pay $10K to the winner next year. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, scottnorwood said:

Let's say the vaccine is widely available by March or even April which is conservative by most estimates. Wouldn't it stand to reason that with over 90% efficacy that you would eradicate the virus within a couple months?

I say there will be crowds in NY watching dirt racing in 2021. Might not happen until July or so but we will get there.

It depends. If the vaccine works like some flu vaccines have it may just lessen the effects if you get the virus. It may not stop transmission of the virus. Being that we apparently only care about positive cases, and if we continue to test hundreds of thousands of healthy people who are not sick....we may stay in lockdown forever. The stats that we were told were most important to get under control (death rate and icu patients) don’t matter anymore. They dropped dramatically months ago. Now we just test like crazy and keep the thumb on the general public. I just seen a story about a new strand of this virus popping up in Nevada I believe.....a new mutation.....that will be the next line of shit they feed the general public if they want it to be.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
4 hours ago, scottnorwood said:

This idea that states that have totally shut down are going to suddenly open back up after the vaccine is incredible naive, especially when that state in question is responsible for the majority of American COVID deaths. 

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, Josh Bayko said:

This idea that states that have totally shut down are going to suddenly open back up after the vaccine is incredible naive, especially when that state in question is responsible for the majority of American COVID deaths. 

Well my thought wasn't "suddenly"....

Vaccine widely available by March / April then 3 months to achieve a 50-70% vaccinated rate...

then racing with fans.

Hyperbole is a barrier to effective communication.

On 11/24/2020 at 7:05 PM, oilman said:

1) I still say there will be no more racing in NY with or without fans.

2) As far as dirtcar vs. Deyo's shorttrack series, the war is over, Deyo won.

I do think a second season of no fans or very limited fans, will be the end for many tracks. Maybe others take over in the future but many won’t even attempt to survive a second season of this. The one hope is

Cuomo will really hate to lose the money from the nationals and the state fair, so his games will certainly be harder for him to play. Add in the concert venues and there will be intense pressure from others in high places within the state to allow crowds. He couldn’t care less about pressure from track promoters or other small businesses. 

18 hours ago, rpm72x said:

I do think a second season of no fans or very limited fans, will be the end for many tracks. Maybe others take over in the future but many won’t even attempt to survive a second season of this. The one hope is Cuomo will really hate to lose the money from the nationals and the state fair, so his games will certainly be harder for him to play. Add in the concert venues and there will be intense pressure from others in high places within the state to allow crowds. He couldn’t care less about pressure from track promoters or other small businesses. 

well the people collecting tolls could not possibly be anymore social distance.  (by themselves in a booth with a mask).. 

but their jobs get cut anyway.   awesome. sauce.!!!        all while spending 350 million plus get rid of these jobs 👍

in a time where jobs are needed

• Like 1

The camera toll is gonna turn into a disaster.  I only use Thruway once maybe twice a year. However in NYC on bridge, can't remember name, thinking started with a t, in Sept I received a bill in mail for a toll. Picture was of a white Lexus SUV, with it appears the same exact plate number. I own a 08 grey equinox, which ain't moved since April cause frame broke and I was hanging on to plates til I got something else. Not to mention it's a plate the paint is falling off. Sept the bill was 9 and change. Disputed it, got another for like 15, disputed, got another for over 100$, disputed that and waiting for next one or license suspension.  Closet I've ever been to NYC is Poughkeepsie and it's been 15 years since then. Prolly shoulda paid the 9$ and forgot it. Which I think most are gonna do to avoid a hassle. 

they already have issues with the system . Companies that haul doubles hve to move compounds to re hook as it would seem the system can't track them. and wait until they struggle to get paid.

1 hour ago, dan dan said:

The camera toll is gonna turn into a disaster.  I only use Thruway once maybe twice a year. However in NYC on bridge, can't remember name, thinking started with a t, in Sept I received a bill in mail for a toll. Picture was of a white Lexus SUV, with it appears the same exact plate number. I own a 08 grey equinox, which ain't moved since April cause frame broke and I was hanging on to plates til I got something else. Not to mention it's a plate the paint is falling off. Sept the bill was 9 and change. Disputed it, got another for like 15, disputed, got another for over 100$, disputed that and waiting for next one or license suspension.  Closet I've ever been to NYC is Poughkeepsie and it's been 15 years since then. Prolly shoulda paid the 9$ and forgot it. Which I think most are gonna do to avoid a hassle. 

Now don't question DOMINION software NY uses for all things in NY Government  and 27 other states :drinks:

• Like 1
On 11/24/2020 at 5:26 PM, rpm72x said:

It depends. If the vaccine works like some flu vaccines have it may just lessen the effects if you get the virus. It may not stop transmission of the virus. Being that we apparently only care about positive cases, and if we continue to test hundreds of thousands of healthy people who are not sick....we may stay in lockdown forever. The stats that we were told were most important to get under control (death rate and icu patients) don’t matter anymore. They dropped dramatically months ago. Now we just test like crazy and keep the thumb on the general public. I just seen a story about a new strand of this virus popping up in Nevada I believe.....a new mutation.....that will be the next line of shit they feed the general public if they want it to be.

No need to wonder if.... Just go to the Pfizer website. They claim 95% effective in helping to prevent Covid-19. Also if it mutates they claim they can easily adapt and modify the genetic code to address any changes in the virus. Sounds like that means these vaccines will stop the transmission of the virus. 

1 hour ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

No need to wonder if.... Just go to the Pfizer website. They claim 95% effective in helping to prevent Covid-19. Also if it mutates they claim they can easily adapt and modify the genetic code to address any changes in the virus. Sounds like that means these vaccines will stop the transmission of the virus. 

i wouldn't question it either.. but they seem to struggle with the flu shot every year and they've only been doing that one for 30 years...   yeah.. they got this on figured out...lol

2 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

They won’t stop finding bunches of positive cases until they stop testing thousands of healthy people. Which is bullshit to begin with. I don’t get flu shots....I’m sure I’ve had it....I’m not gunna go get tested. The idiot governor can keep this going for as long as he wants. Rack up debt, give himself raises, write books and wait until the taxpayers bail him out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Outlaw Photos said:

i wouldn't question it either.. but they seem to struggle with the flu shot every year and they've only been doing that one for 30 years...   yeah.. they got this on figured out...lol

Two completely different vaccines. Lol. The flu shot is only 40% effective in preventing the flu. You obviously were not aware of that. Covid-19 is not the flu. And the vaccines for Covid are not the same as the vaccines for the flu. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, rpm72x said:

They won’t stop finding bunches of positive cases until they stop testing thousands of healthy people. Which is bullshit to begin with. I don’t get flu shots....I’m sure I’ve had it....I’m not gunna go get tested. The idiot governor can keep this going for as long as he wants. Rack up debt, give himself raises, write books and wait until the taxpayers bail him out. 

Ive never gotten a flu shot. I will get the Covid vaccine though. Hopefully Cuomo eventually gets voted out like the golfer who is hiding in the White House. This whole mess didnt need to happen. Too late now.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Ive never gotten a flu shot. I will get the Covid vaccine though. Hopefully Cuomo eventually gets voted out like the golfer who is hiding in the White House. This whole mess didnt need to happen. Too late now.

Well hopefully the republicans can figure out how to rig an election like the left. Maybe your wish would come true. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
12 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

I think maybe you might want to get  yourself three or four doses of that Covid vaccine .  Lol

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, John Williams said:

Get over it, snowflake.

Oh don’t worry, I’m not going to start the “he’s not my president” , “ your all nazis” whining we heard for the last few years.....I’m gunna sit back and watch most of the left supporters struggle and fail. Your retirements all go down the shit tubes and I’ll be smiling the whole time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, rpm72x said:

Oh don’t worry, I’m not going to start the “he’s not my president” , “ your all nazis” whining we heard for the last few years.....I’m gunna sit back and watch most of the left supporters struggle and fail. Your retirements all go down the shit tubes and I’ll be smiling the whole time. 

This aged well LOL

1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
30 minutes ago, leroy said:

I think maybe you might want to get  yourself three or four doses of that Covid vaccine .  Lol

It will be years before side effects from vaccine are known .....Also what strain will China release next ? Feb 2020 Border patrol seized enough China Fentanyl  and Meth to kill 229 million Americans ...October 2019  Ohio bust reveals enough China  Fentanyl to kill every person in Ohio many times over ...November 2020 Yuma , Arizona bust enough China  Fentanyl to kill 200,000 Americans ......I think between C-19 and China drugs coming thru borders someone in DC would say we need stronger borders and we may have a issue here and I would consider this a pattern ? .....A $3000 investment in China brings $1,5 million on US street  Fox news  November 2020  Chinese ( Government ? )  drug lords operating in Mexico......Fentanyl Inc  NPR from Chinese Labs ( government ? ) to U.S. streets  Sept .2019 ......How long are Americans going to allow DC swamp to turn there back on how this outfit is effecting our lives   40% of homeless use drugs , shutting us down , killing our people , bankrupting our businesses ? stealing our tech , stealing our jobs , buying up our country ? China manufactures 90 % of U.S antibiotics and 70 % of crucial drugs  China has bought  $120 billion in assets in 40 states  ( Smithfield Foods  NASCAR sponsor ? ) ... Now some say we need NORMAL relations with outfit killing us ?....Really ? Is this a racing subject yes it is The #1 subject effecting racing today is health of Americans and economy .....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, old racer said:

It will be years before side effects from vaccine are known .....Also what strain will China release next ? Feb 2020 Border patrol seized enough China Fentanyl  and Meth to kill 229 million Americans ...October 2019  Ohio bust reveals enough China  Fentanyl to kill every person in Ohio many times over ...November 2020 Yuma , Arizona bust enough China  Fentanyl to kill 200,000 Americans ......I think between C-19 and China drugs coming thru borders someone in DC would say we need stronger borders and we may have a issue here and I would consider this a pattern ? .....A $3000 investment in China brings $1,5 million on US street  Fox news  November 2020  Chinese ( Government ? )  drug lords operating in Mexico......Fentanyl Inc  NPR from Chinese Labs ( government ? ) to U.S. streets  Sept .2019 ......How long are Americans going to allow DC swamp to turn there back on how this outfit is effecting our lives   40% of homeless use drugs , shutting us down , killing our people , bankrupting our businesses ? stealing our tech , stealing our jobs , buying up our country ? China manufactures 90 % of U.S antibiotics and 70 % of crucial drugs  China has bought  $120 billion in assets in 40 states  ( Smithfield Foods  NASCAR sponsor ? ) ... Now some say we need NORMAL relations with outfit killing us ?....Really ? Is this a racing subject yes it is The #1 subject effecting racing today is health of Americans and economy .....

Have no fear. Our border will soon be secure 🤣https://news.yahoo.com/first-latino-chosen-head-department-190131091.html