2 hours ago, Sicklajoie said:

Per AARN:

358's will run weekly Saturdays.

Big Blocks will run some Saturdays and some Thursdays with expanded purse to entice outsiders (better night for PPV also)

Big blocks will be only DIRTcar sanctioned division.

Interesting to see what happens to the full-time drivers at OCFS with the non-weekly schedule.

Will Mahaney and Sheppard still tow down there or look for a different Saturday night track that will be running weekly?

8 hours ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Will Mahaney and Sheppard still tow down there or look for a different Saturday night track that will be running weekly?

I think what enticed those guys to go down there in the first place was the higher weekly purse money and championship point fund.  I think you have a better chance of seeing Mahaney there on Saturdays since he picked up sponsorship with Tony Monaco down that way, but I doubt Sheppard would make the tow for a 358 race.  

My opinion is both will have new Saturday night homes in 2021.  Sheppard will likely go back to Land of Legends, but Mahaney is a toss up. 

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, FondaFan16 said:

I think what enticed those guys to go down there in the first place was the higher weekly purse money and championship point fund.  I think you have a better chance of seeing Mahaney there on Saturdays since he picked up sponsorship with Tony Monaco down that way, but I doubt Sheppard would make the tow for a 358 race.  

My opinion is both will have new Saturday night homes in 2021.  Sheppard will likely go back to Land of Legends, but Mahaney is a toss up. 

Be interesting if Mahaney tried Fonda on Saturdays. I believe he’s run the Huttig 35 in a few of the STSS races over the last two years. I know he was at Port Royal in that car.

On the off chance Fulton didn’t open again in 2021, would be awesome watching Larry vs. Sheppard vs. Rudolph on Saturdays at LoL if they all ended up there again.

I'm thinking some of the reasoning to move to Thursdays is to get a more exclusive PPV audience.

But in order to do that, I think they need to improve the PPV product itself. And the most important thing is, it doesn't matter how good the PPV is, if you can't see the damn track because of the dust problem all this doesn't mean a damn thing.

• Like 3

OCFS don't know how this year would of been, but last year it still didn't pull much in on Saturdays. If the Big Blocks aren't there I can see even less showing up. Use to be the last few years the 358s were the group that only had like 8 shows. And the drivers liked it that way. Guys aren't going to be happy their Big Blocks are sitting in the garage most the time, and they are racing for less money every week. I'm not sure what Brett's thinking is on this. The Thursday shows might bring in more cars on a Thursday night, but you might want to raise that purse if you're going to do it.  But I don't think they are going to bring in more fans, might even see less. Because people will choose to go either Thursday or Saturday.

2 hours ago, scottnorwood said:

Thunder Alley (aka Evans Mills) tried this like 15 years ago. They started off with SDS show and the track was turned rough...it was crazy race.

Rough is an understatement! I think Vic Coffey finished 8th like 19 laps down. 

The weekly show at a lot of tracks, (even before the COVID 19) is not in good shape as far as the front gate. The fan of today, seems to respond better to the special event type of program, rather than the weekly show. 😎.