I've been a racer or fan my entire life but I have zero desire to go to any track with 6 or 7 or 8 classes. I've never been to Outlaw so I'm not singling them out but if a track has 6 or 8 classes I just don't care for at least 2 or 3 of them. Give me a 3 hour or so show and I'm happy. Don't care to sit for 4 or more hours weekly.

• Like 6
3 minutes ago, macho said:

I've been a racer or fan my entire life but I have zero desire to go to any track with 6 or 7 or 8 classes. I've never been to Outlaw so I'm not singling them out but if a track has 6 or 8 classes I just don't care for at least 2 or 3 of them. Give me a 3 hour or so show and I'm happy. Don't care to sit for 4 or more hours weekly.

Same here....even 4 classes is too much

• Like 3
50 minutes ago, leroy said:

Just leave early. ?

No one says you have to watch  all 7 features.   Thankfully Outlaw does not run the headline class last.  The mods or sprints race second or third much of the time

You still have to sit through 6-8 classes of qualifying!! Its not like they run mods, Sportsman and sprint car full shows then proceed to the next classes. ... 

• Like 4
8 hours ago, BobMiller said:

I was listening to Sirius radio the other day and the dj was saying that concert promoters aren't going to be scheduling any big concerts until atleast fall of 2021 and that was with a vaccine. So with that said its not looking good for any racing with fans in Ny for next year especially with Adolf Cuomo leading the state 

16 minutes ago, MRKLEEN said:

I was listening to Sirius radio the other day and the dj was saying that concert promoters aren't going to be scheduling any big concerts until atleast fall of 2021 and that was with a vaccine. So with that said its not looking good for any racing with fans in Ny for next year especially with Adolf Cuomo leading the state 

I disagree. I think you will see tracks opening and they will be at limited capacity. I sure hope I am right.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MRKLEEN said:

You still have to sit through 6-8 classes of qualifying!! Its not like they run mods, Sportsman and sprint car full shows then proceed to the next classes. ... 

for sure.  

There have been  times I do not even leave my house until an hour or more after the scheduled start time when going to Dundee.  With the thirty minute ride from home to boot.  

It is what it is.    

I could travel a longer distance to get to a track that runs less classes .  But then what am I saving?  More time on the road in my truck?

What bothers me more than the number of classes, at ANY track. Not just Outlaw.  Is the track crew still working on the tracks surface after the tracks scheduled start time,  and also through out the evening.   I am there to see racing

Still. for me most times a long night at the dirt track is better than staying home.   Especially if I plan on camping.   

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade here but I had this thought. Four of the most successful tracks in the Northeast survived for a long period of time with a single class. They are Williams Grove (with Stock Cars, 30X90 Bugs and finally Sprint Cars), Oswego (with the Super Modifieds), Danbury Racearena (with Flathead coupes and later Small Block Modifieds) and finally the legendary Reading Fairgrounds. They all prided themselves with running a no-nonsense first class quality show and it showed in the attendance figures. In today's world, running one class or even two for that matter is totally unfashionable. I agree with most everybody here that a majority of the racing fans don't like a long drawn out show. Three classes and 2 1/2 hour shows should be norm not the exception.  Just an old timer's opinion.

• Like 4
9 hours ago, mickey55 said:

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade here but I had this thought. Four of the most successful tracks in the Northeast survived for a long period of time with a single class. They are Williams Grove (with Stock Cars, 30X90 Bugs and finally Sprint Cars), Oswego (with the Super Modifieds), Danbury Racearena (with Flathead coupes and later Small Block Modifieds) and finally the legendary Reading Fairgrounds. They all prided themselves with running a no-nonsense first class quality show and it showed in the attendance figures. In today's world, running one class or even two for that matter is totally unfashionable. I agree with most everybody here that a majority of the racing fans don't like a long drawn out show. Three classes and 2 1/2 hour shows should be norm not the exception.  Just an old timer's opinion.

That's all because these so-called "Promoters" only care about loading the pits with as many teams as possible at $30 bucks piece for an average of $120 a team. They obviously don't care about fan attendance or they would get off their asses & actually "promote"

• Like 3
1 hour ago, racer80 said:

That's all because these so-called "Promoters" only care about loading the pits with as many teams as possible at $30 bucks piece for an average of $120 a team. They obviously don't care about fan attendance or they would get off their asses & actually "promote"

Any and all tracks can be bought for rite price so anyone who want's to show Promoters how to do it in these times go for it .....You are not allowed by law to have people in stands so what exactly are new wanna be Promoters going to promote ? Spell it out ....You have two  incoming revenue sources PITS & LIVE STREAM  Up or down in or out that's it so lets hear your business plan   Now there are track owners and other shut business  that will jump on your wisdom like a Hobo on a ham sandwich .....lets hear it 

• Like 3
32 minutes ago, old racer said:

Any and all tracks can be bought for rite price so anyone who want's to show Promoters how to do it in these times go for it .....You are not allowed by law to have people in stands so what exactly are new wanna be Promoters going to promote ? Spell it out ....You have two  incoming revenue sources PITS & LIVE STREAM  Up or down in or out that's it so lets hear your business plan   Now there are track owners and other shut business  that will jump on your wisdom like a Hobo on a ham sandwich .....lets hear it 

I'm referencing pre-COVID times.....These track operators have been focusing on back gate mentality for years....."to hell with the fans, let's pack the pits & pay the racers squat"

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Brockville tried crate sprints this year and it was a real shit show.In the fall race there was 3 red flags in the 1st 12 laps.The mods didn,t get out of there until 3 in the morning.The only reason they are running them is because 1 of there major sponsors wants them.At least run them last so everyone can go home.

On 12/1/2020 at 10:51 PM, mickey55 said:

Those one division shows were great and the stands were packed. Unfortunately, there just aren't as many fans and cars as there used to be so the promoters have to use the back gate to supplement the loss of fans.  The price to buy and run a modified has outpaced inflation since 1970 and the purses have not kept up with inflation.

On 12/2/2020 at 6:13 PM, hunter49 said:

Brockville tried crate sprints this year and it was a real shit show.In the fall race there was 3 red flags in the 1st 12 laps.The mods didn,t get out of there until 3 in the morning.The only reason they are running them is because 1 of there major sponsors wants them.At least run them last so everyone can go home.

I always find that I’m living in an extreme when I watch a sprint show; it’s either a 10 minute feature that goes off spectacularly or it’s a 45 minute stop and start situation. There doesn’t seem to be an in between. At their best it’s an amazing show and worth every penny, however more often then not you couldn’t pay me to sit there and watch. 

• Like 1

Wonder if anyone remembers when the 360 was the top class at Dundee? I made there on regular basis to see the 360's. I personally happy with the news of the 360's

rejoining Dundee (Outlaw) in 2021. I hoping as others that they drop a class or 2 as someone mention  the Bandits and IMCA mods. I love the IMCA stock class also. I also

think that having 2 sportsman classes is over kill.

On 11/28/2020 at 5:16 PM, Mike Coleates said:

Pretty cool I can go to The Hill for the night & catch the features at Outlaw on the way home. 

I race at The Hill. Being from the area, I pass through Dundee on the way back. I generally stay until the end of the program, stop for gas, stop and eat a sandwich at a convenience store, and every week this year except for maybe 2, they were still racing at Outlaw when I drove by. 

The Hill Speedway is about 1.5 hours south of Dundee.

I'm not trying to put down the track, I just don't understand why they operate like that. 

1 hour ago, DIRTCar97 said:

"If you need to push your race car to start it, it's already broken." - Unknown

At least they are adding real sprint cars... and not a crate sprint car class.

I hear fans complain about sprint cars not having starters but when I go to PA they have enough push trucks that the delays related to push starts are about a minute or two.

I always figured root cause was lack of push vehicles...not lack of on board starter.

• Like 5