Has anyone up in New York area heard  or read anything about  this track recently? It seems like press releases on this have gone silent was a lot of buzz around this track is it almost ready or has Glenn pushed this to the side ? 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

it's a done deal, has been. why keep beating the guy up. racing was in his blood he lives for it as well as it is in ours now. we all have a dream, some dream big, some small. i think he's been raked

Like him or not still have to respect the man for what he gave us. I didn’t agree with everything Glenn did but I have many great memories at super dirt week and other DIRT races!!  If it wasn’t for G

If I recall correctly it was tens of millions he said he needed as well to build the whole complex. I think most have realized this whole thing was a pipe dream from the start.

Posted Images

It’s not a track, it was never going to be a track. It’s always been & still is an empty lot. He’s better off selling the land, he’s wasting his time & money right now.

2 minutes ago, jumper12a said:

It’s not a track, it was never going to be a track. It’s always been & still is an empty lot. He’s better off selling the land, he’s wasting his time & money right now.

Wasting his time & money on what? He’s literally done nothing in 3 years. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mike Coleates said:

He’s been paying NYS taxes on that land for how many years??? Talk about a waste of money.

A lot of people say land is a good investment?

People do pay taxes on land every year.  Some of it  ,I am fortunate, my buddy lets me go hunting.

Why would anyone want to open up a business of ANY sort in NYS ?  ?

Let alone a race track?  NO WAY

You can be shut down tomorrow . And for doing nothing wrong

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, jumper12a said:

He’s been paying NYS taxes on that land for how many years??? Talk about a waste of money.

Same with the Rolling Wheels land?   And how many other vacant lots  and buildings across the world?

51 minutes ago, Mike Coleates said:

Every business needs a tax write off. 

Ya, if you have a business. What’s Glenn Donnelly’s business, besides selling nonsense? He’s a retired old man, it’s time people, and himself, face facts. It’s over Johnny!

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Outlaw Photos said:

Does He even still own the land?  lots of rumors had it changing hands...

According to the information on the county website, it hasn't changed hands since 2015.  Not sure how often that is updated.  

The assessment really jumped around 2017.  

4 hours ago, Mike Coleates said:

I think he is saying if your paying 82k/year in taxes with little to no income you are going backwards.

Now...maybe the value has increased on that property enough that he will make all that back with profit but in central New York thats a tough game to play.

Also, 82k for a tax write-off is OK for a company bringing in over a million in revenue each year...but something tells me if Glenn was bringing in that much money he would just be building the track on his own....just speculation on my part.

Thanks for the responses I was just wondering went to Syracuse all my life and was looking forward to this becoming reality .... guessing the way this sounds is it nothing but a grass covered property that won’t become more then a pipe dream 

1 hour ago, scottnorwood said:

https://rptsweb.oswegocounty.com/propdetail.aspx?swis=353289&printkey=29300000030060000000

You can just look it up on the county tax data base.

Looks like about $82k/year in county and school taxes.

$82k is a little misleading in that includes a school tax re-levy onto the county bill.  $52k would be closer to an annual number.  Still a large sum.  

14 minutes ago, Fulbrew said:

$82k is a little misleading in that includes a school tax re-levy onto the county bill.  $52k would be closer to an annual number.  Still a large sum.  

If it was $1000/yr, it’s a waste of money lol. It generates $0.

38 minutes ago, macho said:

Wow someone seems to have a real hard on for Glenn. He was never a favorite of mine but like him or not I dont think he's a dummy with money and investments. Who cares what he does with his money and land?

The guy strung race fans along with a mountain of bullshit that he would build this great big, beautiful racetrack and the state of New York would pay for it, When you continually play fans for suckers while not getting anything built, even the true believers eventually see it as a farce.

I doubt people would care what he does with his money and land if there weren't the continual claims that it was going to happen.

• Like 4
10 hours ago, Fulbrew said:

image.thumb.png.ad7b8750b1a4cae4bcae47d274ba04d8.png

I thought the re-levy would be itemized on this?

It looks like the last 3 years have been 76k, 76k, 80k.

9 hours ago, FightForTheRail said:

The guy strung race fans along with a mountain of bullshit that he would build this great big, beautiful racetrack and the state of New York would pay for it, When you continually play fans for suckers while not getting anything built, even the true believers eventually see it as a farce.

I doubt people would care what he does with his money and land if there weren't the continual claims that it was going to happen.

I don't think he was just stringing fans along. He made an announcement on his plans to build a top notch facility which was contingent on the state providing grants (which were promised after they demolished the mile) to help get it going. All of it fell apart when Cuomo's cronies got jammed up for misappropriating funds on other projects causing a lot of these grants to go away. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
39 minutes ago, scotty29 said:

I don't think he was just stringing fans along. He made an announcement on his plans to build a top notch facility which was contingent on the state providing grants (which were promised after they demolished the mile) to help get it going. All of it fell apart when Cuomo's cronies got jammed up for misappropriating funds on other projects causing a lot of these grants to go away. 

I agree. Right or wrong.  I think Glenn actually believed that the State would give him the money.  And I think he just may have actually got it. If some of the investigations in Albany you refer to had not taken place.

• Like 1