358's on Saturdays with a few big block races on Saturday. Thursdays' reserved for special events for big blocks. $25,000 to win point fund for big blocks. NO DEYO shows.

https://www.orangecountyfairspeedway.net/schedule?fbclid=IwAR2PEO00aRFB2LB5xH7vjoATamgeGM4L3rsE1y3_uRZFutMSPBVJRbThwo4

2 hours ago, Sicklajoie said:

The championship is a na$car style playoff format where the top 8 are locked in after 7 races then the top 4 locked in before last race. Then those 4 will race for the 25k.

👎

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Sicklajoie said:

The championship is a na$car style playoff format where the top 8 are locked in after 7 races then the top 4 locked in before last race. Then those 4 will race for the 25k.

I mean it worked so well for Nascar.....

• Haha 3

The only ‘playoff’ type system I ever thought was good was when Glenn had the old CAM2 series to determine the overall Champion. You ran your home track until Labor Day and got bonus points assigned, then had 10-12 high dollar specials at the end of the season with those points added in. So you got the best of both worlds as a fan - good solid weekly battles at your local track, and then a series of all star type races in Sept and Oct. Too bad they don’t just go back to that... (you reading this Dean?  Lol)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

There are a number of teams who run well at the track weekly, but have nothing for the Freisens and Sheppards of the world. OCFS Management is way too enamored with the big names and don't bother to care about their local guys who are long time supporters.

Also, what family of fans is going to go to a race on Thursday and then again on Saturday? I am happy with the improvements that have been made around the fairgrounds the last 4 years, but Management needs to understand what is affordable to the average family. They can't even do a Christmas drive through for a normal price. 

• Like 2

What about the BB guys that get 8 races? If they don't have a SB laying around then they have an expensive boat anchor. A lot of teams can't travel so please don't say "go race somewhere else." What are they supposed to do, shelve the BB motor program and go buy a SB to race Saturdays?

It's like they put a dart board up of bad ideas and just starting flinging to see what the next choice is. 

• Like 2

I've always thought promotion of auto racing and pro wrestling were similar. Usually when things are going well, there are lots of personalities and the weekly meat and potatoes shows are the backbone. Every so often you'd have a big event and that would do big business, but you can't have a gimmick or "big event" every week or it loses it impact.

This schedule seems to aim to make every event have a theme or be a big race. I think they should focus on car counts and building a local following by keeping ticket prices low. I know there are alot of extra costs to promoting there, but when every race has a nickname or is built as an "event", you can see races that pay alot of money going unnoticed.

17 hours ago, KB19 said:

Random thought, I realize that it's a major investment, but I'm always surprised when another year goes by without the lighting situation there being improved. 

Been told that they're putting in all new LED lighting this year. Awesome news!

• Like 3