Favorite Dirt Modified Paint Scheme (or vinyl...if you must)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my favorite

I always loved this car. I remember when it pulled in to Syracuse and it was almost the same look from everyone that the Batmobile got. There were a few complaints around. But like the batmobile I lov

Posted Images

Pat O’Brien’s red number 1. The Sheldon Legue car with Bear’s Den as a sponsor. Car always looked brand new. Could race 4 nights a week and the car also unloaded in mint condition, or so it would appear. Sorry I wish I had a photo to share. 

18 hours ago, scottnorwood said:

i saw  j.morovec race at woodhull a bunch- what a sharp car ! like to find a pic of todd mc mannis in his yellow # 77 at woodhull i.m.o. the coups & gremlins of the 70s were all awsome looking !

My favorites gave always been the simplest schemes. I can appreciate the talent of airbrushing and contrasting colors, and that kind of stuff is for mall car shows because you can stand still and see everything that was done. But it's worthless on the track when the car is going 100mph and you can't see any of the detail.

And speaking on behalf of the media members who shoot still pictures and video, any car with that highly reflective tape that causes mirror/ghost images is ugly and most of us won't shoot them.

Todd Stones cars were nice. So were Jack Johnsons cars. I liked Robbie Bellingers white/black/silver car from about 5 or so yrs ago. Billy Deckers cars were neat too. I liked that Rick Laubachs blue car. Different. Gary Tomkins has had some nice looking cars as well. There was a sportsman a couple yrs ago at Canandaigua, I think Nick Cooper was his name, that was really sharp.

On 12/19/2020 at 4:32 PM, scottnorwood said:

That was our 86' Showcar.  Paint scheme/color was borrowed from Carl Reynolds car.  I think are best looking car was our TEO car which we ran at Syracuse in 99/2000

17 minutes ago, Waterwagon said:

That was our 86' Showcar.  Paint scheme/color was borrowed from Carl Reynolds car.  I think are best looking car was our TEO car which we ran at Syracuse in 99/2000

Any chance you have some pictures you can link in? I loved the blue on blue look with the little water splashes.

23 hours ago, Pinesol said:

The Grant King 73's were the nicest gremlins hands down

Hands back up again. Some of us would argue that the Kenny Weld Gremlins were.