If I were an owner/promoter of a RACETRACK at this time, given what 2020 did to Racing in NY state, and all the Medical info put out about MAYBE the FALL of 2021 starting to get better I believe I would hesitate planning Races also !!!!!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looks like Utica Rome is going to be turned into a football stadium. 🙉🙊🙈

Utica Rome is 110 miles from brewerton?

Every single article written in every single magazine or online news outlet relating to short track racing continue to talk about the demise of short track pavement racing. Now tack on the fact that U

4 hours ago, zmahoney21 said:

I’ve also noticed that U-R isn’t on the ESS schedule either. This I find strange because Utica has been a staple on the ESS tour for as long as I can remember. Meanwhile Weedsport has all but 2 of the Sunday races, with Cornwall and the Ridge having the others. I’ll always have a special place in my heart for this track. We never missed a Sunday night as a kid, and I’ve been lucky enough to see some incredible racing there. Haven’t been in a few years because of the distance on a work night but I hope they have nothing but good fortune this year. Bill and Kim are good people and they deserve it.

I just checked out the ESS schedule and I noticed they will be at The Ridge in August. Dont wanna miss that one!

I honestly don't think there's enough cars to go around anymore to run on a Sunday night. I like the idea of them being the new Rolling Wheels. Specials only. Run them on Tuesdays Wednesday's Thursday's. Your not interfering with weekly programs for the most part. I also think they lost a lot when they combined the pro/pure stocks. I understand why but they bring a lot of families in. Jmo. O and beer doesn't need to be higher than $3😎😉. I went every Sunday in the mid 2000s. I miss those days. Hope it gets back on the right track. 

I told somebody recently that I thought a ‘specials only’ schedule like RW would work well there also.  It would make sense. But it’s not my money on the line either...either way wish them the best of luck. 

• 2 weeks later...

How about running DIRT small blocks, 602 crates, and pro stocks on Fridays.  Brewerton and Albany run big blocks on Fridays, so teams that run their small blocks at Fulton could run the same cars the night before.    

8 minutes ago, Mark06 said:

How about running DIRT small blocks, 602 crates, and pro stocks on Fridays.  Brewerton and Albany run big blocks on Fridays, so teams that run their small blocks at Fulton could run the same cars the night before.    

Can-am runs Friday's for small blocks. I think Sunday's are fine. JMO

On 12/27/2020 at 7:48 AM, Towman said:

Yes, weather hit  UR pretty bad last couple of years but thats not the norm there..

Ummmm.... I've got to disagree. There are several of these stories throughout the history of Gater Racing News - this one just in 1974.

140603727_10158383805667772_577824662167

when your in the dark about how your going to operate in 21 buying a race track isn't actually a good investment. You would be hard pressed to get financing too without a massive down payment.  Move off Sundays and race on Fridays. Yes its against someone else but its not like its close by its about 110 miles from each other. Id also think about racing crate sportsman. There are so many of them that they could certainly provide full fields each week. And if you pay them what your paying 358's you will have no problem attracting cars. 

IMO going against any other dirtcar track on fridays (Malta/brew/can am) would be tough. It’s going to divide the big blocks or small blocks. But, if you ran fridays with the deyo rules, same as Fonda, that could work. I’m sure there are a lot of weekend guys that stay away from Fonda being that it’s kind of on it’s own as far as rules to begin with. If those teams had friday/sat home tracks with the same rules, and then a series with the same rules, they may have a fighting chance. 

46 minutes ago, 4wheelin said:

Utica Rome is 110 miles from brewerton?

Sure, just stop by Pulaski on the way. 😀

17 hours ago, Orion56rs said:

That seemed short lived.... current owners haven't owned the track all that long

The Sheas had to be there at least five or so years I think? maybe slightly more...they had a brutal stretch of weather that always seemed to kill their chances of racing on sundays for a few years. Feel bad for them that the weather just never seemed to give them a chance to make any money. 

1 hour ago, Devin Willis said:

How would anyone with a job race Thursdays and fridays

I could be wrong but I believe its been done in the past. 

6 hours ago, WMR Racing said:

Don’t the speedsters race Thursday in PA 

Wednesday night at ActionTrack USA. When racers want to race they find a way to do it one way or another.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, WMR Racing said:

Don’t the speedsters race Thursday in PA 

Yup, but if the speedsters also raced on Friday’s and Saturday’s, at facilities that put on a better show with more talent and stronger car counts......the action track would be for sale also. 

8 hours ago, rpm72x said:

Yup, but if the speedsters also raced on Friday’s and Saturday’s, at facilities that put on a better show with more talent and stronger car counts......the action track would be for sale also. 

Shellhammers runs against Kutztown on Wednesdays with a small car program. granted they don't run Speedsters but they have cut into the slingshot car counts pretty good.