Jump to content



Recommended Posts

New for 2021.......If a SDS contract driver races, Spectates, looks at, or even thinks about participating in a Deyo show, they will be docked 1000 points, lose aluminum status, and dirtcar officials will ask all fans and vendors to burn anything they have with said drivers name on it. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rpm72x said:

New for 2021.......If a SDS contract driver races, Spectates, looks at, or even thinks about participating in a Deyo show, they will be docked 1000 points, lose aluminum status, and dirtcar officials will ask all fans and vendors to burn anything they have with said drivers name on it. 

The aluminum status will hurt the most!

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

I read if they lose their highly sought after Aluminum status they will have to spend a minimum of one full season at Steel status.  I doubt if any drivers want to jeopardize dirt racing's crown jewel.

They're better off @ "Steel" status than they are @ the "Steel Palace".....LOL

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, racer80 said:

They're better off @ "Steel" status than they are @ the "Steel Palace".....LOL

I realize they are trying to "promote" by labeling drivers with a status such as Platinum. But as a fan I personally dont buy into the Platinum status thing.  I just want to see good racing with some veteran names and some up and coming drivers with the fast cars coming from mid pack or the back.  Not up front.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, pdracing1 said:

Was hearing rumors of new dirtcar rule changes anybody know what they are?

 Certain distance between cars on track at all times ( 10,20 30 ft being discussed ) If leader is in bottom groove you must rim ride to pass or disqualified at pay window A lite on top of cars will come on if in violation and  officials will know .... Dominion has been hired to manufacture and install system ....This will be nation wide policy if a certain NY politician gets a  dirt style racing cabinet position in new administration :drinks:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

I realize they are trying to "promote" by labeling drivers with a status such as Platinum. But as a fan I personally dont buy into the Platinum status thing.  I just want to see good racing with some veteran names and some up and coming drivers with the fast cars coming from mid pack or the back.  Not up front.

Unfortunately, you'll never see that in SDS....they make sure the big money boys run away with the purses

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Josh Bayko said:

Acting like only the SDS caters to the big money drivers is hilariously naïve. 

I don't think they are catering to anyone at moment There Web site has no racing listed from April 24 th at Bristol , TN till Oct 6 , 2021 at Oswego , NY  IF?  NY opens up by then AND if NY pays part of purse ?  I doubt NY STATE  , which is flat broke will be doing that .....

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, old racer said:

I don't think they are catering to anyone at moment There Web site has no racing listed from April 24 th at Bristol , TN till Oct 6 , 2021 at Oswego , NY  IF?  NY opens up by then AND if NY pays part of purse ?  I doubt NY STATE  , which is flat broke will be doing that .....

New for 2021: complete flex schedules, dirtcar will adjust all dates to directly compete with the stss. Teams be aware schedule subject to change at any moment including race day. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rpm72x said:

New for 2021: complete flex schedules, dirtcar will adjust all dates to directly compete with the stss. Teams be aware schedule subject to change at any moment including race day. 

You are correct....instead of changing their biased & stupid race format, I guess it's just easier to try & compete against STSS instead of making their product desirable.....sad....wish Glenn had never sold out

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, old racer said:

 Certain distance between cars on track at all times ( 10,20 30 ft being discussed ) If leader is in bottom groove you must rim ride to pass or disqualified at pay window A lite on top of cars will come on if in violation and  officials will know .... Dominion has been hired to manufacture and install system ....This will be nation wide policy if a certain NY politician gets a  dirt style racing cabinet position in new administration :drinks:

Better not use the name Dominion on here cuz you will have a group of people believing  every word! Lmao.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, racer80 said:

You are correct....instead of changing their biased & stupid race format, I guess it's just easier to try & compete against STSS instead of making their product desirable.....sad....wish Glenn had never sold out

Glenn is the one that came up with the basic format now used by the SDS for qualifying.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, racer80 said:

You are correct....instead of changing their biased & stupid race format, I guess it's just easier to try & compete against STSS instead of making their product desirable.....sad....wish Glenn had never sold out

Glenn also was the one that penalized Series drivers for running other series races. So, to recap, you complained about DIRT penalizing drivers for running other sanctioned events (which DIRT hasn't done in a few years) and then wish for a guy back that used to do just that. Impressive. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gary tomkins said:

Any rule changes are usually announced in October or November, major ones are usually known before then. It would be tough to make rule changes after that as by then the build season for the following year has already begun.

You mean like the 4 link rule that came out Dec 14th last year. 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

When Glenn was in control, there wasn’t much of any opposing series. The fact that one has gained as much ground on dirtcar as the stss has, shows where the sds has been headed.

MODcar, USNA, RoC...I’m sure that there are more. It seems as if none of the previous owners/directors had the nonstop ability to garner and KEEP sponsorship the way that Deyo does. I enjoyed all of the previous series, but none have the enjoyment factor or the inherent knowledge that you don’t have to worry if Brett Deyo is gonna pull the plug early or cancel, as he has proven time and time again that unlike other tracks that seem to want to find a way to cancel a race, Deyo goes above and beyond to make sure that the advertised race actually happens, regardless of what the weatherman or local politicians says.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Uncle tom said:

MODcar, USNA, RoC...I’m sure that there are more. It seems as if none of the previous owners/directors had the nonstop ability to garner and KEEP sponsorship the way that Deyo does. I enjoyed all of the previous series, but none have the enjoyment factor or the inherent knowledge that you don’t have to worry if Brett Deyo is gonna pull the plug early or cancel, as he has proven time and time again that unlike other tracks that seem to want to find a way to cancel a race, Deyo goes above and beyond to make sure that the advertised race actually happens, regardless of what the weatherman or local politicians says.

A large part of those failures was Glenn as opposition. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/28/2020 at 10:58 AM, DowntheBackStretch said:

Better not use the name Dominion on here cuz you will have a group of people believing  every word! Lmao.

Maybe dominion does do some counting for dirtcar..... each year there are supposedly 20 aluminum drivers when in all actuality there is around 8. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.















×
×
  • Create New...