Jump to content



Recommended Posts

They're in the process of significantly widening the track (walls are all down right now), but it's not going to be all that much bigger when it's all said and done. I'll definitely be there to check this show out (and the USAC East Coast 360 sprint show on July 7th as well) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, scottnorwood said:

USAC midget show I went to at Kutztown in 2019 was awesome. I agree its a great scale racing track.

2019 was outstanding with Yung Money & Zeb trading sliders. 2020 was a very good show as well. The Micro’s are the show each week, why f*** that up???

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jumper12a said:

2019 was outstanding with Yung Money & Zeb trading sliders. 2020 was a very good show as well. The Micro’s are the show each week, why f*** that up???

I hear ya.

What a cool little track. The fairgrounds type food trucks, the racing is excellent, the view is good from most places.

 

The thing I was most shocked about when I pulled up was that the track is in middle of the borough. It is crazy how they pull that off. Look at Google maps if you have never been there:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Action+Track+USA/@40.5158631,-75.7852176,1042m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x4f07b3177dfe8260!8m2!3d40.5161961!4d-75.7832421

What a neat place.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Is it a 1/4 mile track or a little smaller? Ive read 2 different things.

It’s a Go Cart size track built for Go Carts, Slingshots, Micro’s etc....... If 5 Mile is truly a 1/4 mile track, Kutztown will fit in the infield!

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, RaceStatCentral said:

The existing track, as shown on Google maps measures 1/5 mile on the outside wall. Around the tires on the inside, it measures a tick over an 1/8 mile. Not surprisingly, measured in the middle it falls between those numbers.

 

A 1/4 mile outside wall would look like something below.

 

Capture.JPG

Unreal! Thanks for doing that. How in the hell do 410's race on that? lmao!

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, scottnorwood said:

I hear ya.

What a cool little track. The fairgrounds type food trucks, the racing is excellent, the view is good from most places.

 

The thing I was most shocked about when I pulled up was that the track is in middle of the borough. It is crazy how they pull that off. Look at Google maps if you have never been there:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Action+Track+USA/@40.5158631,-75.7852176,1042m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x4f07b3177dfe8260!8m2!3d40.5161961!4d-75.7832421

What a neat place.

 

There's been a vocal minority in that town that have opposed it since it opened in the late 90s. The people against it diminished as the crowds grew once Tobias/Rose took over a few seasons ago. They work relatively well with the Kutztown community, curfew of 10:00, work well with local businesses, and the Kutztown Optimist Club handles the food (which ends up being their biggest fundraiser every year.)

The Borough itself gives the track a bit of a hard time from time-to-time, but, as someone that owns a house and rents it out to friends in Kutztown, they kind of do that with everyone. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KB19 said:

There's been a vocal minority in that town that have opposed it since it opened in the late 90s. The people against it diminished as the crowds grew once Tobias/Rose took over a few seasons ago. They work relatively well with the Kutztown community, curfew of 10:00, work well with local businesses, and the Kutztown Optimist Club handles the food (which ends up being their biggest fundraiser every year.)

The Borough itself gives the track a bit of a hard time from time-to-time, but, as someone that owns a house and rents it out to friends in Kutztown, they kind of do that with everyone. 

After my visit I couldn't stop day dreaming about living in that borough....and just walking out my front door to a dirt track that attracts national talent....dang man.

I am about 10 minutes from Fulton Speedway and 15 minutes from Oswego Speedway and I consider that about as good as I can get.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scottnorwood said:

After my visit I couldn't stop day dreaming about living in that borough....and just walking out my front door to a dirt track that attracts national talent....dang man.

I am about 10 minutes from Fulton Speedway and 15 minutes from Oswego Speedway and I consider that about as good as I can get.

I'm a modified guy, so I'll trade ya! Haha, with work I actually live down near Philadelphia, now. Bridgeport Speedway is only about 5 minutes from my office, though, so still lucky to be so close to a track!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, scottnorwood said:

After my visit I couldn't stop day dreaming about living in that borough....and just walking out my front door to a dirt track that attracts national talent....dang man.

I am about 10 minutes from Fulton Speedway and 15 minutes from Oswego Speedway and I consider that about as good as I can get.

How about the people who own houses overlooking the backstretch in Port Royal 👍👍👍

My front porch would be converted into a deck for sure with barbeque/bar

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2020 at 11:57 AM, jumper12a said:

2019 was outstanding with Yung Money & Zeb trading sliders. 2020 was a very good show as well. The Micro’s are the show each week, why f*** that up???

9 times out of 10 I agree with do not fix what is not broken,   

I have not yet visited Kutztown. And still want to

So I hope they are not fckn it up

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

How does the size of Action Track compare with other small tracks where sprints run? Say Ventura in California? Wingless 360 sprints run there regularly nowadays. I’ve never been there, but it was on ESPN many times with midgets. 

The sprints run Ventura on the bottom whereas the midgets at Action Track run the top side. I guess the unknown variable is moving the wall out at Action Track, which would make the track bigger for higher HP cars riding the high line.

Ventura USAC West Coast 360s


Action Track USAC Midgets

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the jury is out to lunch on this one. A small track is a perfect place for wingless midgets to put on a great show, however put midgets on a large track and that can really stink up the show. I think the same thing with winged 410 sprints. On a large track they are good but put them on a small track and that could sure spoil the show.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, KB19 said:

I'm a modified guy, so I'll trade ya! Haha, with work I actually live down near Philadelphia, now. Bridgeport Speedway is only about 5 minutes from my office, though, so still lucky to be so close to a track!

Always thought during the Glenn days that I lived in perfect location for dirt modified fan. Fulton, Weedsport, Utica Rome, Rolling Wheels, NYS Fairgrounds, and Canandaigua all under an hour drive and Can Am is about 1h 20m.

The only thing is after watching modifieds for 32 years its kind of like I am on season 33 of the same TV show. In PA at least you can choose between modifieds and 410s.

I guess I get the supers at Oswego too.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, scottnorwood said:

Always thought during the Glenn days that I lived in perfect location for dirt modified fan. Fulton, Weedsport, Utica Rome, Rolling Wheels, NYS Fairgrounds, and Canandaigua all under an hour drive and Can Am is about 1h 20m.

The only thing is after watching modifieds for 32 years its kind of like I am on season 33 of the same TV show. In PA at least you can choose between modifieds and 410s.

I guess I get the supers at Oswego too.

Brewerton too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s going to be a shit show. Way too much for that little track. I feel as though they’re going to look really clumsy. Kind of how Late Models look at the Gateway Dirt Nationals. A stupid novelty, IMO.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zmahoney21 said:

It’s going to be a shit show. Way too much for that little track. I feel as though they’re going to look really clumsy. Kind of how Late Models look at the Gateway Dirt Nationals. A stupid novelty, IMO.

Agreed! The St. Louis deal, other than the Midgets, is not very good. Too small, constant yellows, just no room for full size cars.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember this experiment?

I got my dad all excited to watch this race and then after the first race he got and left the room...he just gave me that look where I know he is thinking "your an idiot"

On a side note. I miss TNN.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.















×
×
  • Create New...