• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's like saying Dick Trickle sucked because he had no NASCAR wins.

I’d say he’s proven time and time again he can drive on pavement: His first 2 career starts at New Smyrna were wins. Both in a Super Late Model. He’s also won there in a Midget, for a total of 3

You can’t be that delusional?

The first time I saw this.  But why not ?

Especially in this day.  

If what you do is race for a living?

Get every and any race in you can.   If you can   

Who knows what events will go on as scheduled?  and what events get cancelled?. 

I say the same as a fan.  If you are able to go.   GO

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

This is awesome! Great for Stew trying out something else. Has he pretty much given up on sprint cars? Feels like it’s been a couple years since he’s hopped into one of them.

Sprint cars are not the safest cars to race. Having a family now probably has something to do with it.  With Jessica flipping pretty bad at Utica then Stew rolling it pretty good at weedport just a few weeks apart probably shed some light on things. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, WMR Racing said:

Sprint cars are not the safest cars to race. Having a family now probably has something to do with it.  With Jessica flipping pretty bad at Utica then Stew rolling it pretty good at weedport just a few weeks apart probably shed some light on things. 

Certainly makes sense and I had a poor choice of words with given up. He definitely was very successful in the sprint car when he hopped into it. I get the family aspect and the safety 100 percent as reasons for not going in the sprints anymore. Quit would definitely be more appropriate.

11 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

I was there that night for that. One of the craziest flips I’ve ever seen and very thankful JZ walked away from that with no serious injuries.

She was so fun to watch race the sprint at Fonda. Would put the car in places others weren’t willing to go in 3 and 4.

• Like 1

Much more money to possibly be won in a late model than a sprint car over the course of a season if one is looking to spread their dirt wings, and Stew makes his living racing. 

Running speedweeks is a trial by fire for any driver, let alone one making his debut in a different division. The fields there are the most stacked they are all season outside of World 100. Even making the shows will be quite the accomplishment for Stew. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Josh Bayko said:

Much more money to possibly be won in a late model than a sprint car over the course of a season if one is looking to spread their dirt wings, and Stew makes his living racing. 

Running speedweeks is a trial by fire for any driver, let alone one making his debut in a different division. The fields there are the most stacked they are all season outside of World 100. Even making the shows will be quite the accomplishment for Stew. 

How are you calculating the "much more money"? Are you saying if he ignores the Truck Series and modified commitments and then travels to the highest paying late model vs sprint car events on off weekends?

Or are you saying if someone runs a true outlaw schedule in a sprint car vs a late model there is more winnings in the late model?

23 minutes ago, scottnorwood said:

How are you calculating the "much more money"? Are you saying if he ignores the Truck Series and modified commitments and then travels to the highest paying late model vs sprint car events on off weekends?

Or are you saying if someone runs a true outlaw schedule in a sprint car vs a late model there is more winnings in the late model?

There are far more 20k and up late model races between the two national tours and the Ultimate series to hit on potential off weekends than there are in ASCoC and WoO sprint cars. 

38 minutes ago, scottnorwood said:

Yup

3 hours ago, Josh Bayko said:

There are far more 20k and up late model races between the two national tours and the Ultimate series to hit on potential off weekends than there are in ASCoC and WoO sprint cars. 

OK; yea I guess I was looking at 2021 50k to win and bigger. I didn't think down to the 20-40k to win.

Next year is an outlier with 2 Kings Royals.

Knoxville - 150,000

Kings Royal - 175,000

Kings Royal - 175,000

National Open - 75,000

Nittany Showdown - 54,000

8 minutes ago, scottnorwood said:

OK; yea I guess I was looking at 2021 50k to win and bigger. I didn't think down to the 20-40k to win.

Knoxville - 150,000

Kings Royal - 175,000

Kings Royal - 175,000

National Open - 75,000

Tusc 50 not Nittany Showdown...sorry.

13 hours ago, Josh Bayko said:

The flip side is if he doesn't make any of the shows the idiots will be screaming how much he sucks and we told you so.  

11 hours ago, scottnorwood said:

Knoxville - 150,000

Kings Royal - 175,000

Kings Royal - 175,000

National Open - 75,000

2020  Lucas Oil Late Model  Champ earnings $376,950....  $75k was point money ......T-Mac 2nd place points total  $296,000 ....6th place point  earnings $128.450   IDK how many of the  50 plus  race schedule they ran but for amount of travel it's not big money  I would guess Owens tour champ first   place  gross earnings would not pay for  haulers he parks beside in pits  Maybe half the price of the newest exotic Haulers 

46 minutes ago, old racer said:

2020  Lucas Oil Late Model  Champ earnings $376,950....  $75k was point money ......T-Mac 2nd place points total  $296,000 ....6th place point  earnings $128.450   IDK how many of the  50 plus  race schedule they ran but for amount of travel it's not big money  I would guess Owens tour champ first   place  gross earnings would not pay for  haulers he parks beside in pits  Maybe half the price of the newest exotic Haulers 

Brandon Sheppard made 800k between the house car, his grandpa’s car and a couple modified races. 

34 minutes ago, Josh Bayko said:

Brandon Sheppard made 800k between the house car, his grandpa’s car and a couple modified races. 

Gross I assume. It’s the net that always has us guessing. On paper Matt Williamson killed it two years ago. Wonder what they actually end up with when it’s all said and done? 

On 12/30/2020 at 10:23 PM, DowntheBackStretch said:

Was there that night. Wild ride for her! The fuel cell came out of the  chassis and slid across the parking lot slamming into the doors to the Kane Entertainment building , never touched a vehicle in its path and didn’t come apart. Wild nite for sure! 

1 hour ago, JohnyC said:

Gross I assume. It’s the net that always has us guessing. On paper Matt Williamson killed it two years ago. Wonder what they actually end up with when it’s all said and done? 

It's like the saying she got the Gold mine ( driver getting 40 % to 50% to drive ) I ( car owner ) get the shaft ......, Investment cost, labor , time  and upkeep  but tax rite off if you need one ....

2 hours ago, JohnyC said:

I’m not sure of his percentages from either, but if it’s at industry standards, he made somewhere between 4-500k, considering I bet he makes a much higher percentage in his grandpa’s stuff.