7 hours ago, Josh Bayko said:

There are 11 events paying 20k to win or better on Lucas and 11 on WoO, and there are only a couple conflicts, a team unconcerned about following a tour could conceivably run all 22 of them. 

There will also be (potentially, of course), 2 Dreams and 2 Worlds. 

How much do those 22 pay in aggregate?

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's like saying Dick Trickle sucked because he had no NASCAR wins.

I’d say he’s proven time and time again he can drive on pavement: His first 2 career starts at New Smyrna were wins. Both in a Super Late Model. He’s also won there in a Midget, for a total of 3

You can’t be that delusional?

23 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

What did TMac do last year? Any idea on what he may have put in his pocket? Do you think Stew would have a better year than him if he went full time in the Late Model? 

According to the Lucas Oil site, his winnings were $296,200.  

He also won these races: 

DIRTcar Nationals UMP - $7,000

Dirt Late Model Stream - $50,000

Clash at the Mag - $12,000

WoO Last Call - $12,000

I'd say T Mac did pretty well for himself.

I like Stew, but to think that he'd have a better year than McCreadie in a Late Model is insane, especially right of the bat. 

• Like 3
On 1/2/2021 at 8:11 PM, rpm72x said:

If your talking about just how much money stew could make from solely driving a racecar.....it would be hard for him to make more driving anything other than the modified. Yes the purses don’t compare but neither will his results. If he solely focused on the mod deal, ran 3 nights weekly and every special he could, probably 100-120 starts a year weather dependent, he probably wins 50% of those, multiple track and series titles and a bunch of those wins would be larger purses. Far less travel as well. He will not do that in any other type of racecar, and this is why Sheppard doesn’t care to venture away from it. If your going to mix in popularity and marketing money, well of course you spread your wings, but actual purse money.....mods would be his bread and butter. 

Sheppard beat SF last 4 races  ( all wins ) they ran against each other and end of year in Mods  ....Did SF owner say it's  time try something else ? Before OC shut down Sheppard won 4 in a row at OC also a place he normally didn't win at and  without fuel pressure issues I think he would have run away with ESW BB and with little luck could have swept Port Royal weekend .....Way Sheppard finished year  ( new car ) SF will not win 50% of races in Mods in 2021 or DIRT or Deyo series sweep in my mind .....

59 minutes ago, old racer said:

Sheppard beat SF last 4 races  ( all wins ) they ran against each other and end of year in Mods  ....Did SF owner say it's  time try something else ? Before OC shut down Sheppard won 4 in a row at OC also a place he normally didn't win at and  without fuel pressure issues I think he would have run away with ESW BB and with little luck could have swept Port Royal weekend .....Way Sheppard finished year  ( new car ) SF will not win 50% of races in Mods in 2021 or DIRT or Deyo series sweep in my mind .....

Well fortunately for Stew and Matt most of the time they wouldn’t race against each other. They both get their own playground once a weekend (Dundee/Fonda), And easily are the best car the other night. That’s probably 20 wins a piece right there. Matt was very good at the end of the year, but the ups and downs will continue for both, one will get hot and then the other. When it comes to bigger races period, if Matt and stew both participate in each, between the 2 they will win 80% of them, and they will split that between them. I’ll stick to my opinion, if he ran 100 races he could win 50 of them. 

5 hours ago, rpm72x said:

Well fortunately for Stew and Matt most of the time they wouldn’t race against each other. They both get their own playground once a weekend (Dundee/Fonda), And easily are the best car the other night. That’s probably 20 wins a piece right there. Matt was very good at the end of the year, but the ups and downs will continue for both, one will get hot and then the other. When it comes to bigger races period, if Matt and stew both participate in each, between the 2 they will win 80% of them, and they will split that between them. I’ll stick to my opinion, if he ran 100 races he could win 50 of them. 

I tend to agree. Sheppard struggled at times this year but he along with Friesen are the class of the division. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to estimate a .500 winning percentage for either. The only thing preventing one or both from reaching 50 wins is the weather. 

• Like 1

Fans are so lucky that Sheppard and Friesen do not race the same track every single friday and saturday.

With the fifty percent theory

no other driver would ever win a race. 🙄🤣😂

Lmfao

• Thanks 1
20 hours ago, con7 said:

How much do those 22 pay in aggregate?

748k. 

if you add two Dreams  and two Worlds, the number is just over 1.1 million.

The majority of “regular” touring shows pay more than 10k anymore, too. 

3 hours ago, leroy said:

Fans are so lucky that Sheppard and Friesen do not race the same track every single friday and saturday.

Lmfao

Your right....stew wins almost every night at Fonda, same with matt at outlaw, put them together and no one else would win

4 hours ago, leroy said:

Lmfao

How many other drivers won races at Fonda or Dundee? If they raced together at each track nobody else would win. 

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, Josh Bayko said:

748k. 

if you add two Dreams  and two Worlds, the number is just over 1.1 million.

The majority of “regular” touring shows pay more than 10k anymore, too. 

Outlaws, a couple ASCoC, some PA shows and you get 968k for sprint carsnot counting shows 15k and under. (Kings Royal, Knoxville Nationals, Briston, National Open, Morgan Cup, Silver Cup, Ironman, Jackson, Devil's Bowl, Lincoln, Selinsgrove, etc.). Some overlap.

I didn't do a full on scrub of the internet but like I said I think it's pretty close between the two different types of cars. The sprint cars have the bigger single payout purses but there are many more late model shows in the "middle" pay.

9 hours ago, rpm72x said:

How many other drivers won races at Fonda or Dundee? If they raced together at each track nobody else would win. 

1 hour ago, scottnorwood said:

Outlaws, a couple ASCoC, some PA shows and you get 968k for sprint cars not counting shows 15k and under. (Kings Royal, Knoxville Nationals, Briston, National Open, Morgan Cup, Silver Cup, Ironman, Jackson, Devil's Bowl, Lincoln, Selinsgrove, etc.). Some overlap.

I didn't do a full on scrub of the internet but like I said I think it's pretty close between the two different types of cars. The sprint cars have the bigger single payout purses but there are many more late model shows in the "middle" pay. 

The other difference between lm and sprints is while lm guys follow a tour, they can go to all 22 of these shows. The top sprint car guys theoretically can go to all of the top 20 sprint shows, but none do. For example, no WoO guys race the Tusky 50. The point fund and tow money on the WoO tour is too good to drop off for 1 race.

Interesting discussion, thanks for the info.

1 hour ago, leroy said:

Were either of them in the field when these other 7 won? I remember seeing different winners at outlaw towards the end of the year but I believe I recall Matt not being present. 

51 minutes ago, con7 said:

The other difference between lm and sprints is while lm guys follow a tour, they can go to all 22 of these shows. The top sprint car guys theoretically can go to all of the top 20 sprint shows, but none do. For example, no WoO guys race the Tusky 50. The point fund and tow money on the WoO tour is too good to drop off for 1 race.

Interesting discussion, thanks for the info.

Yea I agree and I don't think any late model driver hit all 20 of the late model shows either. Probably Kyle Larson is the best example of an outlaw schedule.

So generally speaking I think the numbers are about the same.

On the cost side I am not sure how that would work out. There are so many variables.

7 minutes ago, JohnyC said:

Were either of them in the field when these other 7 won? I remember seeing different winners at outlaw towards the end of the year but I believe I recall Matt not being present. 

Matt was “beat” 2 times in 2020 at outlaw, by “beat” I mean he finished without being wrecked. The other races he either broke, crashed or was not there. If stew raced there weekly, I like my chances of them both not having a terrible night at the same time. Would 1 or 2 guys maybe sneak one out? Maybe, but this idea they have real competition at Dundee or Fonda is a joke. Everyone knows if either don’t break or crash, it will take something special for them to be beat. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, leroy said:

So if the 9s or the 44 break down,  The wins do not count.  

Give it up fer fck sake. 😄   

I done with this nonsense.

They absolutely count, but If they raced together, how many nights do you think they would both break down? And a few of your 7 Matt wasn’t at Dundee....if they are not in attendance then no I’m not counting them. You have a hard time reading stats apparently.....it’s quite easy to see they absolutely dominate those 2 places and if they both ran together at each.....most likely if one of them broke or crashed the other one wouldn’t. 

4 hours ago, scottnorwood said:

Yea I agree and I don't think any late model driver hit all 20 of the late model shows either. Probably Kyle Larson is the best example of an outlaw schedule.

So generally speaking I think the numbers are about the same.

On the cost side I am not sure how that would work out. There are so many variables.

Late model cars themselves are definitely  more expensive than sprint cars. The engines tend to be a little more affordable in late models.  

Not sure how you think 50% will happen. Friesen won 41%, 25%, 40%, 26% and 19% last 5 years.  Sheppard won 31%, 44%, 31%, 52% and 36%.  Sheppard had a lot of luck in 2017 to get 52%.   Neither of them were close in the last 3 years.  Im seeing 25% and 31% which is pretty far from 50.  Everything has to go right which is tough to do for the entire season.

9 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Not sure how you think 50% will happen. Friesen won 41%, 25%, 40%, 26% and 19% last 5 years.  Sheppard won 31%, 44%, 31%, 52% and 36%.  Sheppard had a lot of luck in 2017 to get 52%.   Neither of them were close in the last 3 years.  Im seeing 25% and 31% which is pretty far from 50.  Everything has to go right which is tough to do for the entire season.

Stew has not been focused 100% on mods the last 2 years, before that he wasn’t in a bicknell. He has only gotten better. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry I'm a little too lazy to look for myself but who knows where we can watch Friesen run the late model? I'm not sure what tracks or series he's running this week. Any help is appreciated. 

2 hours ago, macho said:

Sorry I'm a little too lazy to look for myself but who knows where we can watch Friesen run the late model? I'm not sure what tracks or series he's running this week. Any help is appreciated. 

All Tech on Friday appears to be the first

https://www.facebook.com/stewartfriesenracing/photos/a.458527294254747/3583264575114321/?type=1&theater

• Like 1
17 hours ago, leroy said:

Tonight is the night.  However, I'm still not 100% sure how to watch.  I think it's going to be live on the MAVTV PLUS facebook page or maybe even their website.  Make sure you've got the "PLUS" part.  And it's supposed to be free.  

I know that MavTV plus is going to have an app soon to get the Lucas races on.  But I guess it's not quite ready?

30 minutes ago, Ric said:

Tonight is the night.  However, I'm still not 100% sure how to watch.  I think it's going to be live on the MAVTV PLUS facebook page or maybe even their website.  Make sure you've got the "PLUS" part.  And it's supposed to be free.  

I know that MavTV plus is going to have an app soon to get the Lucas races on.  But I guess it's not quite ready?

I think the Lucas Oil Racing site\App still might work for showing MAVTV Plus free preview period.   I was able to watch the Saturday night portion of the Chili Bowl through the Lucas Oil Roku App.