It's on regular MAVTv starting at 7 if you have access to that channel. Supposed to be live, but I don't know if part of it is delayed from the MAVTv Plus like heat races or what the difference is.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's like saying Dick Trickle sucked because he had no NASCAR wins.

I’d say he’s proven time and time again he can drive on pavement: His first 2 career starts at New Smyrna were wins. Both in a Super Late Model. He’s also won there in a Midget, for a total of 3

You can’t be that delusional?

1 hour ago, In the Shadows said:

It's on regular MAVTv starting at 7 if you have access to that channel. Supposed to be live, but I don't know if part of it is delayed from the MAVTv Plus like heat races or what the difference is.

53 cars took practice laps last night.

Apparently some schmuck late model driver was spouting off about open wheel guys sucking because Larson just shows up and wins in sprints and midgets. 

Well, with less than 10 starts to his name in a late model he won by 15 seconds tonight. Pretty absurd. 

1 hour ago, con7 said:

Apparently some schmuck late model driver was spouting off about open wheel guys sucking because Larson just shows up and wins in sprints and midgets. 

Well, with less than 10 starts to his name in a late model he won by 15 seconds tonight. Pretty absurd. 

That idiot Erb kid, he’s a clown.

Larson was dominant tonight. The track looked like ice. As uneventful a feature as you might ever see. Biggest move of any competitor was 5 places. Friesen was a non factor. Will take time to adjust and these fields are absolutely stacked. T Mac was 20th. Looked good in the hot laps holding fast time through the first four sessions but seemed to go backwards all night. Coverage was very good. Thank you for the link; i will certainly watch more this coming week. 

7 hours ago, JohnyC said:

Larson was dominant tonight. The track looked like ice. As uneventful a feature as you might ever see. Biggest move of any competitor was 5 places. Friesen was a non factor. Will take time to adjust and these fields are absolutely stacked. T Mac was 20th. Looked good in the hot laps holding fast time through the first four sessions but seemed to go backwards all night. Coverage was very good. Thank you for the link; i will certainly watch more this coming week. 

Friesen was up to 3rd in his heat on that restart that was wiped out by the car spinning before they got a lap in. I think that would have put him in a transfer position to the feature if he could have held it.

He looked totally off in the B Main. Lost around 10 spots I think after starting 3rd in it and needing to just get to second to qualify.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, JohnyC said:

Jimmy Owens started 13th and finished 4th.

That was an ass whooping from Larson... 5 Starts, 2 wins... Amazing. I still root against him.

As was posted, MavTVPlus.com will broadcast ALL races up to Feb 02 FREE. The actual MavTVPlus app isn't up and working yet so they're giving everyone the chance to watch. 

Catch y'all at East Bay on Monday.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, RJO said:

Jimmy Owens started 13th and finished 4th.

I’d have to re-watch. The graffic on the broadcast said 5 places but truth be told I’m not really much of a late model fan. I’ll take your word Owens moved up 9 places. Either way, that was as boring a race as I’ve seen in a long time. Maybe I’ve been spoiled watching modifieds but on a big track that was essentially ice it was pretty uneventful. 

8 minutes ago, JohnyC said:

I’d have to re-watch. The graffic on the broadcast said 5 places but truth be told I’m not really much of a late model fan. I’ll take your word Owens moved up 9 places. Either way, that was as boring a race as I’ve seen in a long time. Maybe I’ve been spoiled watching modifieds but on a big track that was essentially ice it was pretty uneventful. 

Even Davenport started 18th and finished 8th and Larson started 6th and won. Race went nonstop no cautions to gain spots. Next stop East Bay.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Pinesol said:

Kyle has to prove to me this year that he can drive on pavement. No excuses this year, good equipment, good team. He has to win more than 1 or 2 races a year.

I’d say he’s proven time and time again he can drive on pavement:

His first 2 career starts at New Smyrna were wins. Both in a Super Late Model. He’s also won there in a Midget, for a total of 3 New Smyrna wins.

He has 1 win in the NASCAR K&N Pro West Series at Sonoma.

He won twice in the NASCAR K&N Pro East Series, at Gresham Motorsports Park & New Hampshire, on his way to the Championship.

He has 1 ARCA win at Pocono.

He has 20 wins in NASCAR’s top 3 series on pavement, including the Cup Series All-Star Race. He has 21 overall, including the Truck Series race at Eldora.

He’s won the IMSA Rolex 24 at Daytona, one of the World’s most prestigious races.

He’s won a NASCAR Whelen All American Series race at Daytona.

Enough said!

• Like 7
1 minute ago, Pinesol said:

Mostly minor league wins Jumper. 223 races, 6 wins in cup. Not very impressive to me.

I think the majority of Cup racing is a poor barometer at determining who's a good shoe and who isn't

Since they took away horsepower at most of the tracks and the drivers do nothing more than flat foot and point the cars, equipment is more important than driver ability. Kenseth is no slouch and he only had 2 top 10's in the 32 races he ran replacing Kyle.

Don't know if the next gen car will make the driver a bigger part of the equation.  

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Pinesol said:

Mostly minor league wins Jumper. 223 races, 6 wins in cup. Not very impressive to me.

Chip Ganassi has 19 cup wins total in how many years of competition? Larson has 6 of those and that leads all the drivers that have raced for a Chip. Ganassi is a 2nd tier team, we’ll see what he does with Hendrick equipment. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Pinesol said:

You can’t be that delusional?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1