• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's like saying Dick Trickle sucked because he had no NASCAR wins.

I’d say he’s proven time and time again he can drive on pavement: His first 2 career starts at New Smyrna were wins. Both in a Super Late Model. He’s also won there in a Midget, for a total of 3

You can’t be that delusional?

26 minutes ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Did Tony ever win a WoO Late Model race? I'm 99.9 percent sure he hasn't won a SDS race. 

I checked the win list and didn't see him there.  Did Blaney win a non points modified show? 

15 minutes ago, Fulbrew said:

I checked the win list and didn't see him there.  Did Blaney win a non points modified show? 

Yes.  Dave Blaney won an invitational race at Eldora.  20 lap non point event

I do not remember Dave or Tony winning an actual SDS points paying event.

2 minutes ago, racer80 said:

Tony Stewart won a Big Block race @ Lebanon Valley in 2001, but I don't remember if  it was a SDS or not

Pretty sure that was  a SDS 358 Series race. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, JMB said:

I was there...it was a big block race.....Stewart drove one of #87 team cars that Jack Johnson was driving for....Tony started on the pole 

12 minutes ago, JMB said:

That is what I got after doing a little research  .  Tony won 358 SDS   June 28 2001

1 hour ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Did Tony ever win a WoO Late Model race? I'm 99.9 percent sure he hasn't won a SDS race. 

He has not won a WoO LM race, he has won a few non-Prelude late  model shows over the years though.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, racer80 said:

I was there...it was a big block race.....Stewart drove one of #87 team cars that Jack Johnson was driving for....Tony started on the pole 

Definitely a 358 race. You're right that it was a Jack Johnson team car, but it was one of the 20 cars that Bryan Goewey owned, not one of the Dutchess 87 cars. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, KB19 said:

Definitely a 358 race. You're right that it was a Jack Johnson team car, but it was one of the 20 cars that Bryan Goewey owned, not one of the Dutchess 87 cars. 

Was is one of the GE sponsored ones?

The Tony Stewart race I remember was at Black Rock once he raced the Wynns #7 of Steve Paine. Sweet Looking Car.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, scottnorwood said:

Was is one of the GE sponsored ones?

Yes, it was. Like someone else said, started on the front row & was never touched. Everyone thought the fix was in.

https://images.app.goo.gl/YSRwDm78YNXuyKoo8

• Like 1
15 hours ago, leroy said:

That is what I got after doing a little research  .  Tony won 358 SDS   June 28 2001

Biggest crowd I ever saw at LV and correct me if I'm wrong but I think he ran  ( Bedell ) Chrysler  Power  And is that the  only Chrysler  Power motor that ever won a DIRT 358  SDS  race ?...I think TS started  on front row and lead all 100 laps ....I watched Jeff Gordon show and TS has that car in his car collection ...Black TEO #20 ..

4 hours ago, old racer said:

Biggest crowd I ever saw at LV and correct me if I'm wrong but I think he ran  ( Bedell ) Chrysler  Power  And is that the  only Chrysler  Power motor that ever won a DIRT 358  SDS  race ?...I think TS started  on front row and lead all 100 laps ....I watched Jeff Gordon show and TS has that car in his car collection ...Black TEO #20 ..

I believe it was a Chrysler motor..  I was told the motor ended up with Hearn's buddy Cross..  not sure if it ever ran again.

34 minutes ago, fiend540 said:

Well he's been confirmed to be at Bristol in the LM now

https://twitter.com/WoOLateModels/status/1364602069727014913?s=20

I think I’m looking forward to the NASCAR and WoO/SDS on Bristol dirt events about as much as any dirt race I have in my lifetime and I’ve been to two Knoxville Nationals.

51 minutes ago, Mike Warren said:

Ran a backup 115 car, all I can remember was he spun going into turn 1.  I was also 9 so my memory may be a touch fuzzy. 

Again correct.

"The caution came out on lap 111 for Will Cagle in turn one. The Tampa Terror came out of retirement to run this race, but his day ended on lap 111."

https://nemodfacts.racestatcentral.com/resultspressrelease.php?id=13332

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, WMR Racing said:

Anyone have the results for Sunday’s race. I see Stew got a top five but can’t find the run down. 

Overton, Davenport, Owens, Mitchell, Friesen, Ivey, Freeman, Strickler, Richards, Gustin.

McCreadie was 12th.  Pretty strong field.  

2 hours ago, Fulbrew said:

Overton, Davenport, Owens, Mitchell, Friesen, Ivey, Freeman, Strickler, Richards, Gustin.

McCreadie was 12th.  Pretty strong field.  

Not bad.   4th in the Vegas Truck race to boot 👍