What’s interesting is a track like Mohawk didn’t race in 2020 and now I see they don’t have a SDS race. I can’t imagine the track has closed permanently given the money that’s been into the place and the bankroll the former (not sure if he still owns it) has but maybe they are taking a wait and see approach on 2021? 

16 hours ago, JohnyC said:

What’s interesting is a track like Mohawk didn’t race in 2020 and now I see they don’t have a SDS race. I can’t imagine the track has closed permanently given the money that’s been into the place and the bankroll the former (not sure if he still owns it) has but maybe they are taking a wait and see approach on 2021? 

they havent had a BB SDS race in a couple years. Late season weather has always plagued them. Fulton also was off the SDS schedule last year which never opened either. A few drivers did practice at mohawk last season. With the Border being closed and the risk of the pandemic they stayed closed last season, i highly doubt it is closed for good

21 hours ago, racer80 said:

In my opinion, the tracks that ran "practice" only should be ignored completely when & if fans are ever allowed again......My reason is that they took advantage of the shutdown by charging everyone a minimum of $25 to enter the pits while not paying out any sort of purse & raking in a ton of money for between their outrageous amount to enter & running their concessions at an elevated price also.....I know of one track that ran them all the time & had at least 150 people there at $25 a pop to watch groups of 8-10 cars run about 4-5 laps at a time per each group....no racing or any reason to..... all gravy......I know I'm going to be beaten up on here for this post, but it's what I feel

Perhaps it also has something to do with reminding their neighbours that they live near a track. I could see tracks that had no on track action in 2020 having issues with neighbours if they decide to race in 2021. It's pretty easy to see how those neighbours could get used to no noise all summer long, especially those that aren't fans of racing to begin with. 

It's the same sort of logic as people who say the car counts will be down whenever weekly racing returns full time. By that time many weekly racers may have sold their racecar(s) for a boat or an RV or an ATV and may not return to racing once they see how much money they are saving by not racing. We all know that racing is expensive, but once you're out of it for a year (or two) and are saving some money or paying off debts, it may be a hard sell to go back to the way things were. 

And as per Charging for Practices, even if the gates do or don’t open , consider the high cost of Insurance All tracks have. Moneys got to come from somewhere! And Dirt tracks have to spend time for track prep and thats not cheap either.

14 minutes ago, leroy said:

plus👍

People need to have something to bitch about.   That is what makes the world go around.

I did not particularly like paying $40 vs the  $15 in 2020.

it is what it is

• Like 1
2 hours ago, leroy said:

plus👍

2 hours ago, sprintdaddy said:

All track owners still have to pay land taxes even if the gates remain closed for the season

Taxes plus plus and more .....business getting punch drunk from getting beat from all sides  Nine long months and no end in site ...Media news is flat out bad and getting worse  S@#%T getting old fast .....Teams heading South in these times are Brave souls to cross todays landscape  which is a Gauntlet  of troubles ......