The event details for the Short Track Super Series are now available on DTD Tv.  We are offering both single day, and week long packages for this event. 

Just click on the image below to be brought to the DTD Tv page: 

204747901_2021_BubbaRacewayPark_SunshineSwing_Generic_FacebookStory.thumb.jpg.3c31d0f980ee832db9b5dcd657c90b97.jpg

1 hour ago, scoobydoo3000 said:

I appreciate what you guys do for the sport, but this is ungodly expensive. It just seems greedy to me.

I don't understand comments like this, truly.  It's $24.99 a night, $29.99 on the last night and that's basically exactly the same as a grandstand admission.. except if you go to the track with your family you have to pay for each of you, whereas for $25, your whole family can watch from the comfort of you home. 

DirtVision/Flo have definitely spoiled folks for pricing, but it has been explained many times why the DTD price model is what it is. It benefits them, the track, STSS all this way. And it's not free for their folks to travel down there with their equipment and do all this?!  They don't have the subscriber base or infrastructure that those providers do.  Just be happy it's even an option, no one is forcing anyone to buy it.  But expecting to be able to get it for $10 or whatever you think is fair just has never made sense to me.  I know Utica tried a discounted rate a while ago, but why should they do that? Not only do they make no money from you on concessions/novelties, but you get it cheaper than the fan that shows up and supports the track?  I get why promoters wouldn't want to do that.  There have been interviews with others that stream for free, because they didn't want to deal with when there was tech issues and it didn't hurt their crowd.  Good for them.  It's just another option.  Would you walk up to the window at Can Am and try to haggle the ticket seller down in price? 

And I suppose the point could be made that lots of northerners might buy it who wouldn't travel to Florida for these shows if they did it cheaper... but we all know as soon as our season started back up and the price resumed at their normal models people would be screaming WELL YOU DID IT FOR ONLY $15 IN FLORIDA!?!!?!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I would say that if you don't want to pay $25 to sit in your comfortable recliner 10 ft from the bathroom passed a refrigerator packed with hotdogs & beer to watch better coverage than if you were there....then get an airline ticket & head down there & pay even more to watch it, eat cold $4 hotdogs & $5 beer after standing in a line to piss in a trough!!!!!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, racer80 said:

I would say that if you don't want to pay $25 to sit in your comfortable recliner 10 ft from the bathroom passed a refrigerator packed with hotdogs & beer to watch better coverage than if you were there....then get an airline ticket & head down there & pay even more to watch it, eat cold $4 hotdogs & $5 beer after standing in a line to piss in a trough!!!!!

I installed a trough in our downstairs bathroom. Best investment.

• Like 5
7 minutes ago, racer80 said:

to watch better coverage than if you were there

This is dead wrong.  No PPV coverage is better than being there in person.  Everything else you said is pretty accurate. 

• Like 5
On 1/7/2021 at 4:15 PM, Fulbrew said:

This is dead wrong.  No PPV coverage is better than being there in person.  Everything else you said is pretty accurate. 

Nothing will ever replace being at the races... All we can do is offer the race to you if you can't go..  

• Like 6

Anybody have any insight on which Drivers are making the treck down ???  I am thinking of heading down for this week. Georgetown was my last RACE and it seems like that was forever ago..besides it should be a bit warmer there....

3 hours ago, Towman said:

Anybody have any insight on which Drivers are making the treck down ???  I am thinking of heading down for this week. Georgetown was my last RACE and it seems like that was forever ago..besides it should be a bit warmer there....

The list of drivers heading down to Bubba's is a great one. Just to name a few: Matt Sheppard, Stewart Friesen, Billy Pauch Jr. Erick Rudolph, Billy Decker, Jeremy Smith, Michael Maresca, Jimmy Horton, Danny Bouc, Cale Ross, Mike Gular, Timmy Buckwalter, Rusty Smith, HJ Bunting, Danny Hieber, David Schilling, Anthony Perrego, Jojo Watson, Max McLaughlin are just some of the expected drivers to make the haul to Florida! Should be a heck of a week of racing!

• Like 1

Thats a very potent list.  where is it from?  Or that just an assumtion??

3 hours ago, Towman said:

It does say expected drivers nothing about confirmed. 

It's just me that goes to the races so the family argument doesn't really work with me. I could try asking my dog to watch it, but I have a feeling she would say no. DIRTVison/Flo have not spoiled anything for us. In fact, they are creating competition, however DTD doesn't see it that way. Sure they have a business model, it just doesn't work for me. I know there are others that feel the same way. It may work for you, DTD or others, it still doesn't change the fact that it's too much to ask IMO. I want DTD to succeed and I certainly appreciate them covering all the races that they do. If there was an affordable season pass for the Short Track Super Series, I would happily bite at it. For me, they need a different business model cause it just doesn't work for me. The prices they are charging will only keep going up as it's too expensive as less people will continue to purchase these broadcasts at that pricing model, in my opinion. I am from Canada, so those prices are even more expensive for me. I realize DirtVision and FloSports have been in the game longer and have a more extensive library to choose from. I may be way off base here but I'm only trying to help. It shouldn't be the same price as going to the track, it should be cheaper. No, the track isn't going to make money off the hot dog or beer that I may or may not purchase, but they are possibly gaining someone that may never be able to make it to their facility. I'm with you on the argument that Florida, or South Carolina, or wherever other than New York or even Pennsylvania is more expensive, and I would certainly pay more for that, for sure. However, that is not the case, it's the same pricing as upstate New York. I don't know DTD's numbers or figures and of course I realize it costs money to put a production together. If they make it work this way, good for them. I know lowering their price with an affordable season pass to the Short Track Super Series would definitely get me on board. It's just a little too out of reach for me. I'm sorry I'm being critical, I just want a happy medium.

• Like 2

The STSS has been posting CONFIRMED drivers to their Social Media sites the last few weeks, but I realize not everyone has access to those, so here is the list that the STSS has confirmed so far: 

Modified:
Rob Pitcher
Tim Buckwalter
Rusty Smith
Chris Ostrowsky
Jeremy Smith
HJ Bunting
Billy Decker
Ron Cartwright Jr
David Schilling
Jacob Dgien
Joseph Watson
Cale Ross
Brandon Hightower
Eric Rudolph
Stewart Friesen
Michael Maresca
James Hill
Brett Haas

Crate Sportsman: 
Scott Hitchens
Maverick Eldridge
Kyle Smith 
Josh Allen
Michael Dubois
Matt Scobiech
Michael Ballestero
Bobby Flood
Marty Kelly III
Greg Nailor
Paul Mancini
Michael Schane
Anthony Tramontana
Chas Wolbert
Craig Whitmoyer
Tommy Rascoe
Jeff Brown
Marshall Hurd
Addison Bowman

Driver names are being added to the list daily. 

On 1/5/2021 at 10:24 AM, FondaFan16 said:

The event details for the Short Track Super Series are now available on DTD Tv.  We are offering both single day, and week long packages for this event. 

I recall last year you did a test offering a low price on one of your PPV events to see if it resulted in an increase in the number of customers. You reported that it was a success yet your pricing remains very high.   Please explain  , Thank You

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but I don't agree with anyone who feels that DTDTV's prices are too high. $25-30 for a live PPV is more than reasonable when you consider that literally thousands of people pay $50-75 to watch a phony wrestling match....most of the ones complaining on here would spend $100 if The Super Bowl were to institute a PPV

• Like 3
20 hours ago, Towman said:

I have taken most of those names right from the STSS Facebook post regarding drivers heading down to Florida. The others are drivers I know who  have said they are heading down to race at Bubba's

2 hours ago, racermurray said:

I recall last year you did a test offering a low price on one of your PPV events to see if it resulted in an increase in the number of customers. You reported that it was a success yet your pricing remains very high.   Please explain  , Thank You

Our pricing remains in line with the admission price of the event.  Whether or not our price is "Very High" as you say is a matter of opinion. 

As for explaining myself, just because an event is successful, doesn't mean a change needs to be made. 

Thank you, 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, dirtracefan25 said:

I have taken most of those names right from the STSS Facebook post regarding drivers heading down to Florida. The others are drivers I know who  have said they are heading down to race at Bubba's

Thanks for your feed back...I do not nor want to be on FaceBook so I didn't see that entry..Again Thank You !!!!!

I agree. Way too expensive. Flosports is $12.50 a month or $150 a year. Speed51 is only $80 a year.  Why the hell would i pay $30 for one race when i can get nearly 3 months of racing action? No thank you. 

All of the people saying, well it costs them money to travel. Thats not our problem. Its their business, their problem. Speed51 Flosports and even dirtvision seem to have it figured out. 

"Just cause event was successful, doesnt mean we should change" in short means, we didnt make as much of a profit so we keeping the expensive model. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, djbamber said:

Did anybody get an e-mail from Dirtvision with an offer of $299 for a year? It's still twice what I pay for Flo. But, I am considering signing up! As it is over $200 savings per year.

Yes. Between DV at $300, Flo at $150, and MAVTV+ for $100 I'll have racing almost every night of the season, and save about $270 from what I spent last year (and it will include the Knoxville Nationals this year!)

1 hour ago, 80K said:

"Just cause event was successful, doesnt mean we should change" in short means, we didnt make as much of a profit so we keeping the expensive model. 

Maybe.  Or maybe it was successful, but they weren't convinced it was the right long term plan.  A lot of tracks have a reduced admission price event once or twice a year, but decide not to do it every week.  

• Like 1

With all do respect to dtd tv and everyone on there commenting. You have prospective customers telling you that its too expensive and citing other services as examples. Instead of compassionate understanding replies all you post is smug replies essentially saying too bad so sad. That right there will turn people off in the future even if you do drop the price. 

I guess it falls to supply amd demand. People cannot go to the races in person so theres an opportunity to gouge them to view at home. A more ethical company would see this as an opportunity to bring racing to those stuck at home at a more economical price. I feel this runs concurrent with a theory that some in my circle have. Sooner or later racing will be for the wealthy only. Viewing racing at home, for the wealthy only.

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, jwin said:

Yes. Between DV at $300, Flo at $150, and MAVTV+ for $100 I'll have racing almost every night of the season, and save about $270 from what I spent last year (and it will include the Knoxville Nationals this year!)

Since you are our resident source of information on streaming, I have a few questions you might be able to answer.

DV - are there any events that are not included in the annual package?  They specifically mentioned the Nationals, but we're there other events that were not part of the monthly package, like the Kings Royal?  Is the SDS on DV a done deal?  I noticed the races on the DV schedule without the watch link.  I know it's still months away, but that stood out from the other events.

MAVTV+ - other than the Chili Bowl and Lucas Oil LM, do they offer much else for live events?