1 hour ago, ChrisAkulis said:

Maybe it’s just me, but I liked the Clash better when it was a 15 minute, 20 lap sprint at noon on Sunday. The ultimate Dash for Cash. Last night was a 90 minute spectacle of caution laps and confusing pit rules. Teams went through 3 sets of tires for a race with no points?  How is that saving teams any money?  I don’t get it...

I kind of wonder how not letting the teams qualify for starting position saves people from the covid virus?  The team is already at the track no?  What does not running two more laps accomplish?   

Just me , but I think the teams should have to qualify same day as race.

• Like 1
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No amount of stereotypical nascar hate can spin this as a bad thing.  Whether you know them or not, all of these people are bigger celebrities on a global level than anyone in NASCAR currently is, or

Although I have a feeling you are being obtuse on purpose, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. And even though Scott did point out that the internet has lots of good information and google is pret

Some people will reach really far to try to be negative about something. Even if it makes them sound silly

3 hours ago, leroy said:

I kind of wonder how not letting the teams qualify for starting position saves people from the covid virus?  The team is already at the track no?  What does not running two more laps accomplish?   

Just me , but I think the teams should have to qualify same day as race.

Less personnel at the track. I think they said without practice,qualifying & no need to bring a 2nd car the teams bring 6 less people. 

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Mike Coleates said:

Less personnel at the track. I think they said without practice,qualifying & no need to bring a 2nd car the teams bring 6 less people. 

If Nascar say so I guess. 😆

Do not see why you could not run two qualifying laps on race day with the same crew and car you have there for the race?  Like other series actually do.    But that would make too much sense

1 hour ago, leroy said:

If Nascar say so I guess. 😆

Do not see why you could not run two qualifying laps on race day with the same crew and car you have there for the race?  Like other series actually do.    But that would make too much sense

So what if you wreck that one car?

2 hours ago, Mike Coleates said:

So what if you wreck that one car?

Pull a back up off the trailer? 

The truck is already there I assume?  I just do not follow how qualifying requires 6 more people or the need for a ‘special’ car and extra crew help.

Other series qualify and race same day across the entire USA with a back up car in the trailer . Safe to assume these racers pretty much have the same help each night?.  And do not need to bring in six extra guys just to qualify the car,

Why can not the same crew who works on the car during the race, work on the car during qualifying?   

I can agree with getting rid of all the practice sessions.  I wish Nascar would of gotten rid of the multiple practice sessions long before Covid.   

On 1/27/2021 at 10:41 AM, jumper12a said:

If anyone is interested.

Please join my NASCAR Pool. $60 Entry Fee. All picks due prior to Daytona 500 green flag. No Weekly Picks!! DICK DRAGONS Cup Series Pool 2021. Payout TBD after all entries received & paid. If interested message me your email, I'll send an invite. Or you can search it on the website.
nascarpoolsonline.com/index.php

Deadline to sign up is prior to the green flag at this Sundays Daytona 500.

15 hours ago, ChrisAkulis said:

Maybe it’s just me, but I liked the Clash better when it was a 15 minute, 20 lap sprint at noon on Sunday. The ultimate Dash for Cash. Last night was a 90 minute spectacle of caution laps and confusing pit rules. Teams went through 3 sets of tires for a race with no points?  How is that saving teams any money?  I don’t get it...

If you watch last years Busch Clash teams saved a TON of money by racing the road course

• Haha 2
18 hours ago, PatsJags14 said:

If you watch last years Busch Clash teams saved a TON of money by racing the road course

The race sucked however.  I normally do not mind road racing.  But the course laid out at Daytona pretty much sucks

Here is a good question.  All we hear is some how Nascar is trying to save teams money.    Who cares?

Why should the fans give a shtt  if multi million dollar car owners save money?   Besides,  Take one thing away, they will find a way to spend elsewhere.   Very few if any  of the team owners are hurting for money

And with the charter system that is in place?.  The field is pretty much set these days unfortunately.   It is like club racing now

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, leroy said:

The race sucked however.  I normally do not mind road racing.  But the course laid out at Daytona pretty much sucks

Here is a good question.  All we here is some how Nascar is trying to save teams money.    Who cares?

Why should the fans give shtt if multi million dollar car owners save money?   Besides,  Take one thing away, they will find a way to spend elsewhere.   Very few if any  of the team owners are hurting for money

And with the charter system that is in place?.  The field is pretty much set these days unfortunately.   It is like club racing now

Except I can't afford that club...lol

I live the SCCA life.

On 2/11/2021 at 12:16 PM, leroy said:

Here is a good question.  All we hear is some how Nascar is trying to save teams money.    Who cares?

Why should the fans give a shtt  if multi million dollar car owners save money?   Besides,  Take one thing away, they will find a way to spend elsewhere.   Very few if any  of the team owners are hurting for money

In the last 20 years a lot of things NASCAR has done under the "Save teams money" moniker is more beneficial to the France family then to the race teams.

Though things like trying to cut down on the big teams testing, multiple practices, and so forth were to a good benefit to the 2nd and 3rd tier teams.

Actually only a few teams in NASCAR aren't hurting to survive. It's like they say "How do you make a small fortune in racing? Start with a big fortune." 

The France family and board members who run NASCAR today, don't look at it like Big Bill and Junior did. France Jr. took his father's dream and took it heights even his father didn't dream of. Yeah he stepped on some toes and hurt some people's feelings. But he also tried to keep the fans that built NASCAR while trying to bring in others in different areas of the Country. When Jr. stepped down and Brian and others took over, all the rats boarded the ship. Brain was the biggest mistake Jr. could of ever made. A drunk and a coke head with a lot of privilege issues. 

On 2/11/2021 at 12:16 PM, leroy said:

The personal wealth of the car owners really means nothing in terms of the financial health of the race teams.  Those things are separate, just like any business is. These teams are a business venture that need to be able to finance themselves, and the current model isn't sustainable given the income the teams can actually make.     

• Haha 1