Short Track Super Series Sunshine Swing Modified Confirmed Drivers

There was a discussion in the DTD Tv chat regarding the confirmed drivers, so I figured I'd break it out into it's own thread so people can easily search.  Here are the list of confirmed drivers by the STSS as of this morning: 

Modifieds: 

Mike Mahaney
Nick Petrilak
Max McLaughlin
Peter Britten
Scott Ferrier
Mike Gular
Kyle Weiss
Kenny Hammond
Tyler Dippel
Danny Creeden
Matt Sheppard
Danny Hieber
Andy Bachetti
JR Hurlburt
Billy Pauch Jr 
Rob Pitcher
Tim Buckwalter
Rusty Smith 
Chris Ostrowsky
Jeremy Smith
HJ Bunting
Billy Decker
Ron Cartwright Jr
David Schilling
Jacob Dgien
Anthony Perrego
Joseph Watson
Cale Ross
Brandon Hightower
Erick Rudolph
Stewart Friesen
Michael Maresca
James Hill
Brett Haas
JR Heffner
Danny Bouc
Matt Stangle
Tyler Siri
Jordan Siri
Danny Johnson
Jimmy Horton

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, FondaFan16 said:

There was a discussion in the DTD Tv chat regarding the confirmed drivers, so I figured I'd break it out into it's own thread so people can easily search.  Here are the list of confirmed drivers by the STSS as of this morning: 

Modifieds: 

Mike Mahaney
Nick Petrilak
Max McLaughlin
Peter Britten
Scott Ferrier
Mike Gular
Kyle Weiss
Kenny Hammond
Tyler Dippel
Danny Creeden
Matt Sheppard
Danny Hieber
Andy Bachetti
JR Hurlburt
Billy Pauch Jr 
Rob Pitcher
Tim Buckwalter
Rusty Smith 
Chris Ostrowsky
Jeremy Smith
HJ Bunting
Billy Decker
Ron Cartwright Jr
David Schilling
Jacob Dgien
Anthony Perrego
Joseph Watson
Cale Ross
Brandon Hightower
Erick Rudolph
Stewart Friesen
Michael Maresca
James Hill
Brett Haas

Pretty stout and diverse list of names. Looking forward to following along with the action next week!

21 minutes ago, Rmitchell said:

40+ modifieds is a great turnout 

Brett does a terrific job recruiting cars to his shows in remote areas for big block/small block modified popularity. 

Hope they have a good swing and then some of the guy stick around for DIRTcar Nationals at Volusia. Looks like there are 10 or 11 days between the two though right? So i would imagine, most if not all will head home and then would have to come back?

2 hours ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Brett does a terrific job recruiting cars to his shows in remote areas for big block/small block modified popularity. 

Hope they have a good swing and then some of the guy stick around for DIRTcar Nationals at Volusia. Looks like there are 10 or 11 days between the two though right? So i would imagine, most if not all will head home and then would have to come back?

That would be nuts to go home and come back IMO.  It is a two day ride each way.?(for me it is anyway).   So to do that then you are home for six days and drive back?

Maybe I am wrong. But I think anyone planning on doing both series is staying

36 minutes ago, leroy said:

That would be nuts to go home and come back IMO.  It is a two day ride each way.?(for me it is anyway).   So to do that then you are home for six days and drive back?

Just feel like 3 weeks down there would be awfully costly, but given the quarantine requirements for NY, maybe they do. 

35 minutes ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Just feel like 3 weeks down there would be awfully costly, but given the quarantine requirements for NY, maybe they do. 

I figure traveling 1000 plus miles four times instead of two would be a wash with staying an extra week?  How many do camping vs hotel?  I  really do not know.

Maybe one or two guys stay and watch the equipment?  Others on team fly back n forth?

The quarantine BS I believe to be a non issue for most.   Many race teams and fans have already proven that this past season

3 hours ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Last time I went to Florida for racing it was just short of three weeks and I stayed in hotels. It isn’t cheap and they know when you are coming and rates change for those weeks. But its the only vacation some people take all year. 

15 hours ago, leroy said:

I watched Mahaney's vlog with Mandie and he is coming back north and then going back for Volusia. The thing is STSS alot are running the open small block so that car is not able to run Volusia and with American Racers they have to unload and reload with Hoosiers for Volusia. 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, GoFast39Fan said:

I watched Mahaney's vlog with Mandie and he is coming back north and then going back for Volusia. The thing is STSS alot are running the open small block so that car is not able to run Volusia and with American Racers they have to unload and reload with Hoosiers for Volusia. 

That's surprising that he's heading back north then back to Florida, but if you don't have a crew available to swap out a motor and space in the hauler to carry the extra tires then I certainly get it.

I wonder if they are bringing stuff down to the Pauch shop to swap there...  If they can do that it would save them time on the road.

40 minutes ago, Uncle tom said:

Does anyone know if Max McLaughlin will be in the Norm Hansel 357 car down in Ocala ? 

Pic on Facebook shows the Sweeteners Plus ride ready for STSS action

On 1/22/2021 at 9:09 AM, FondaFan16 said:

That's surprising that he's heading back north then back to Florida, but if you don't have a crew available to swap out a motor and space in the hauler to carry the extra tires then I certainly get it.

I wonder if they are bringing stuff down to the Pauch shop to swap there...  If they can do that it would save them time on the road.

Listened to it again. Not so sure mahaney is running the dirtcar races at Volusia. Might just be running Deyo races

• Thanks 1
On 1/22/2021 at 8:43 AM, GoFast39Fan said:

Beginner question here... So the “open” small blocks are not legal for the big block super DIRTCar series? Or did you mean that they aren’t legal for the DIRTCar 358 series?  Regarding the tires, do teams go through enough sets on a 4-5 day race weekend that they couldn’t bring both Hoosier and American Racer?

You can only run Hoosier tires at DIRTcar events and VP fuel. Traditional 358's would have to weigh what a big block weighs and you would get eaten alive if track were to be heavy. There is no love from DIRTcar for STSS. Completely different rules for engines. 

On 1/22/2021 at 9:09 AM, FondaFan16 said:

when your car owner has 2 car dealerships money isn't an issue for diesel fuel and tolls. 

To further answer your question, the big small blocks are not legal at DIRTcar events. 358 motors are legal on all tours (but DIRT legal 358s definitely aren't the engine of choice outside of the 358 DIRTcar Series itself) 

Saw Eric Williams is heading down, haven't seen his name confirmed on here, yet.