OCALA, FL – After a rain washed out racing on Wednesday night the Short Track Super Series Modifieds and Short Track Super Series 602 Crate Sportsman are back and ready to kick off the Sunshine Swing on Thursday night!

An extra $1,000 is on the line tonight for the Modifieds in their 35 lap; $5,000 to win feature event while the 602 Crate Sportsman will again battle for 25 laps and a $1,750 top prize.

Our broadcast is set to get underway at 7pm EST along with the racing action and can be purchased via the link below for $24.99 via the link below

179062816_2021_BubbaRacewayPark_SunshineSwing_Thursday_E-Mail.jpg.0074e43a4c516c5355ddba0f3a5cf121.jpg

With Wednesday night’s cancellation we are now offering three day passes for $74.99

Much much better racing once it started to dry out, both lanes would come and go. Exciting race up front Rudolph was good in traffic he could certainly move around the track better than anyone 

• Like 1

The feature last night was fantastic! 

This is the first time i've ever been to Bubba Raceway Park but people tell me that if it gets too dry it gets very abrasive and takes rubber quickly.  If that is the case then it's a bit of give and take because if they don't keep it super wet early it'll take rubber in the feature, and no one wants that to happen. 

Ok I've come to the conclusion that dirt races like these need split screen. There was just to much action going on, it was impossible for them to show it all. We were watching one battle going on while the announcers switched to another battle going on. Or they need a no passing rule unless you are on camera. ;)

In the sportsman passes were happening up front so fast in the first 12 laps we missed two passes for the lead. And I don't fault the production. 

i heard it reported Rudolph had a Big Block under the hood. After watching practice personally i thought Bouc and few others with spec small blocks were gonna be the choice to have. see what the next 2 races bring. 

In the heats the specs did good, but in the feature it was about the Big Block power. 

44 minutes ago, GoFast39Fan said:

i heard it reported Rudolph had a Big Block under the hood. After watching practice personally i thought Bouc and few others with spec small blocks were gonna be the choice to have. see what the next 2 races bring. 

Originally I thought Erick had a BB under the hood, but I think it was a spec small block. 

55 minutes ago, FondaFan16 said:

Originally I thought Erick had a BB under the hood, but I think it was a spec small block. 

that could be. i only was posting what they said on the coverage but you could be correct. 

2 hours ago, GoFast39Fan said:

that could be. i only was posting what they said on the coverage but you could be correct. 

Big block or small block Erick could move around the racetrack. Stew was stuck on the bottom and absolutely could not get going around the top, when lap traffic became a factor, he was in trouble. The shape of the track seemed to throw guys quite a bit, not horribly when in line but it made things interesting while they were side by side. The back schute is so circular that it seemed a lot of guys had to lift or use some brake to start rotating back towards 3 which would kill anyone that was that tight off of 2. It was certainly exciting up front. Feel bad for Britten, finally gets out of a troyer and into a bicknell and destroys it lap 1. Bummer for him, hopefully he can continue on down there.

4 hours ago, FondaFan16 said:

Impossible. either way

In order to win a STSS event , You must race with a big small block

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, leroy said:

Impossible. either way

In order to win a STSS event , You must race with a big small block

Go build a 358 or a big block, race all the stss races, let us know how you do. Not to mention, if Deyo is going to continue to skew the weights to benefit other options then they will be the optimal package. I believe the weight now for a spec small block is 2275.....according to the announcers last night. 

16 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

Go build a 358 or a big block, race all the stss races, let us know how you do. Not to mention, if Deyo is going to continue to skew the weights to benefit other options then they will be the optimal package. I believe the weight now for a spec small block is 2275.....according to the announcers last night. 

As a fan of small engines I would love to see a W16 win just once an STSS race.  Deyo has them listed as a legal engine combination but I have yet to see one compete .

13 minutes ago, racermurray said:

As a fan of small engines I would love to see a W16 win just once an STSS race.  Deyo has them listed as a legal engine combination but I have yet to see one compete .

Well maybe they will get a 500 lb weight break and they would then be the engine of choice. This idea that some attempt to spread that big blocks or spec heads are as good of an option should figure out why in every single open engine class in the country, big tire or small tire.....big small blocks are the preferred choice. 

30 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

Well maybe they will get a 500 lb weight break and they would then be the engine of choice. This idea that some attempt to spread that big blocks or spec heads are as good of an option should figure out why in every single open engine class in the country, big tire or small tire.....big small blocks are the preferred choice. 

Asphalt tonite ......Rudolph & SF are decent on Asphalt it shows 

1 minute ago, old racer said:

Asphalt tonite ......Rudolph & SF are decent on Asphalt it shows 

Nah, I’m sure they are in a big block and a spec head.....the rest of the field are all running big small blocks...junk