Jump to content




Recommended Posts

Ok getting ready to watch some racing. Track looks awesome. 

Opening of the show, not the best. That was one of the worst national anthem performances. And it wasn't because she couldn't sing. She can sing, but like most people who mess up the National Anthem she was all over the place trying to show off her pipes. It was just horrid. When will people understand when it comes to the National Anthem you just need to sing it. You don't need to improvise and try to make it something it isn't. The best versions of the National Anthem are the simplest. Not everyone is going do an amazing job like Whitney Houston did at the Super Bowl. But if you just sing it, you will do it much more honor then trying to push your boundaries and make it sound like crap, when she tried to hit that last high note my cat ran out of the room. Shane being mister nice guy praised the performance. *smack*

Positives though, Vaninwegen's (sp) #4 is sharp.

And Dirtvision has a plus over the Lucas Oil Late Model feed, their Mics all seem to work. lol

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the audio is the problem, constantly turning on mics while cars are at speed, and then the announcers end up ahead of the video.  Super loud then quiet. Half the driver mics didn’t work for mods. Twice they dropped the green and for whatever reason we were watching the backstretch cam. With a way smaller budget DTD tv is better. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they're still getting acclimated to the additional content they're producing, too.  I don't know what it looks like as far as producing/division of duties, but I do know there is different content on the Jumbotrons at the track than what we see at times on DirtVision.  So I think there's more moving parts this year to get all coordinated on the same page than ever before for them.  I'm sure in good time they'll be on their A-game. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

im amazed on how much better dtd is than dirtvision.i thought tonight wouldve been as good and its not even close. i guess thats why its much cheeper. the drone footage doesnt do it for me either

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, rpm72x said:

I think the audio is the problem, constantly turning on mics while cars are at speed, and then the announcers end up ahead of the video.  Super loud then quiet. Half the driver mics didn’t work for mods. Twice they dropped the green and for whatever reason we were watching the backstretch cam. With a way smaller budget DTD tv is better. 

DIRTVision is still the better deal... by far. I'll take some audio and camera issues to be able to watch a month's worth of racing for $51 (CAD). DTDTV is definitely a great product and well produced, but their shows tend to get very expensive once converted to CAD. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dudemann said:

im amazed on how much better dtd is than dirtvision.i thought tonight wouldve been as good and its not even close. i guess thats why its much cheeper. the drone footage doesnt do it for me either

The drone thing is ok to get the lay of the land.  But it sucks when they are racing.  I watched a bunch of the Lucas races last week. And I enjoyed the broadcast.  But they went to the overhead view on all the restarts. And just my opinion. But that view sucks when the cars are racing. Especially on restarts.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, DIRTCar97 said:

DIRTVision is still the better deal... by far. I'll take some audio and camera issues to be able to watch a month's worth of racing for $51 (CAD). DTDTV is definitely a great product and well produced, but their shows tend to get very expensive once converted to CAD. 

I understand and agree....the price point is great. I was just referring to the fact dirtvision is not only a much larger platform with a larger budget, but they have been in the game for much longer and had a bunch of bugs that you would expect for the first time or 2 broadcasting an event. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Jack Brady said:

But if you just sing it, you will do it much more honor then trying to push your boundaries and make it sound like crap, when she tried to hit that last high note my cat ran out of the room. Shane being mister nice guy praised the performance. *smack*

I guess I wasn't paying that close of attention last night because the National Anthem sounded okay to me.  But what is Shane (as the DIRTcar announcer) supposed to do if the performance wasn't the best?  

Is he supposed to come over the microphone and say "Wow... that was pretty bad?"  and totally embarrass the person who just sang the anthem? 

I like that now we've hit a point where we're mad at people for being too nice...  The world could use more nice people in it because there are more than enough mean people out there. 

  • Like 16
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just throwing this out there, but I'd sorta guess in that line of work praise whether right or wrong is apt to keep you employed longer than constantly cutting someone down. Not to mention it was a song. No 2 people sing the same. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Jack Brady said:

 

Opening of the show, not the best. That was one of the worst national anthem performances. And it wasn't because she couldn't sing. She can sing, but like most people who mess up the National Anthem she was all over the place trying to show off her pipes. It was just horrid. When will people understand when it comes to the National Anthem you just need to sing it. You don't need to improvise and try to make it something it isn't. The best versions of the National Anthem are the simplest. Not everyone is going do an amazing job like Whitney Houston did at the Super Bowl. But if you just sing it, you will do it much more honor then trying to push your boundaries and make it sound like crap, when she tried to hit that last high note my cat ran out of the room. Shane being mister nice guy praised the performance. *smack*

 

Do you actually have a purpose in life other than attacking others ?  You seem to do it quite frequently .

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, dan dan said:

Just throwing this out there, but I'd sorta guess in that line of work praise whether right or wrong is apt to keep you employed longer than constantly cutting someone down. Not to mention it was a song. No 2 people sing the same. 

If you give people honest praise when it is genuinely warranted and stay silent when you want to say something critical or as you describe it "cut someone down"....you will be surprised the effect it has on you.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Jack Brady said:

Ok getting ready to watch some racing. Track looks awesome. 

Opening of the show, not the best. That was one of the worst national anthem performances. And it wasn't because she couldn't sing. She can sing, but like most people who mess up the National Anthem she was all over the place trying to show off her pipes. It was just horrid...

 Shane being mister nice guy praised the performance. *smack*

WTF did you want him to say?

"Well that just sucked!" and "We won't have her back again?"

We agree on one thing here. The American National Anthem seems to be the most popular song for everyone to showcase their vocal acrobatics. Most girls treat the anthem as an American Idol tryout and I know in some cases, it is recorded exactly for that purpose. It's rare that personal interpretations do it any justice. 

Not many people here would disagree that Aretha Franklin was one of the best singers in music period, but her rendition of the anthem was one of the worst ever. I'm pretty sure that it was Frank Gifford that had to give her accolades immediately after the performance. And I'm sure Shane heard the anthem just as you did, but he can't be a dick about it and still keep his job.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2021 at 4:34 PM, Sicklajoie said:

I saw that last week. And Well, It was different. Cannot beat Leslie Neilson!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2021 at 8:57 AM, FondaFan16 said:

I guess I wasn't paying that close of attention last night because the National Anthem sounded okay to me.  But what is Shane (as the DIRTcar announcer) supposed to do if the performance wasn't the best?  

Is he supposed to come over the microphone and say "Wow... that was pretty bad?"  and totally embarrass the person who just sang the anthem? 

I like that now we've hit a point where we're mad at people for being too nice...  The world could use more nice people in it because there are more than enough mean people out there. 

Gee I wonder why there arent more nice people in our wonderful country. All I have been hearing for the last few years is So and So is a fighter.  So and So will always fight for you. So and So wants all of you to stand up and fight. Sound familiar? How many times have I had to hear that word "fight"? Thankfully we dont have to listen to that bullshit anymore. Always trying to stir shit up and pit people against one another.  Ive stood through National Anthems that were horrendous and made me cringe. And when the singing stopped I thought to myself, that poor singer tried their best. The least I could do is show my support and appreciation and clap for their performance. Why is it we always have to attack people and look for the bad and criticize when somebody is trying to do something positive. Always nitpicking.... What a shitty way to go through life!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Gee I wonder why there arent more nice people in our wonderful country. All I have been hearing for the last few years is So and So is a fighter.  So and So will always fight for you. So and So wants all of you to stand up and fight. Sound familiar? How many times have I had to hear that word "fight"? Thankfully we dont have to listen to that bullshit anymore. Always trying to stir shit up and pit people against one another.  Ive stood through National Anthems that were horrendous and made me cringe. And when the singing stopped I thought to myself, that poor singer tried their best. The least I could do is show my support and appreciation and clap for their performance. Why is it we always have to attack people and look for the bad and criticize when somebody is trying to do something positive. Always nitpicking.... What a shitty way to go through life!

So it's Trumps fault???? Lololololol 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.















×
×
  • Create New...